PDA

View Full Version : 2 days of eating bad stuff

Nickthebassist
06-01-2006, 05:29 AM
Well, it was my mum's birthday, then my friends, and basically I had a bit to much to eat on those days. Will this do my cut any long term harm?

Luke667
06-01-2006, 07:09 AM
depends what you consider to be bad stuff.... some people consider havinf a slice of bread BAD.... while others consider to have a pizza once a week to be ok.

it shouldn't do any harm for your cut, consider it a speed bump

drew
06-01-2006, 07:18 AM
No big deal.

betastas
06-01-2006, 07:26 AM
It will just tank those two days and maybe another. Keep in mind that we are all human though, so enjoy those events while they happen and dont worry. I had thanksgiving in the middle of a cut once.... good times.

dissipate
06-02-2006, 05:45 AM
2 days of your lifespan of maybe 32850 days... don't think it's gonna affect anything much

WORLD
06-02-2006, 05:48 AM
yeah no big deal.. Ronnie on the other hand might take it as a big deal.

Jordanbcool
06-02-2006, 06:47 AM
Well, it was my mum's birthday, then my friends, and basically I had a bit to much to eat on those days. Will this do my cut any long term harm?

Depends on what you ate. I remember going too a buffet once and it pretty much ruined my cut. I did it the same reason you did. Went out with a friend that got some leave from the army. Its all good now though....but looking back on myself I was so mad for the longest time....

You really cant do anything about it either way. Just keep on truckin. You'll get there.

-jordan

ArchAngel777
06-02-2006, 07:00 AM

It will not affect it much at all. Say for instance your basal rate is 3,000. Eating 4,000 calories for two days is a net gain of 2,000 calories, around 1/2 pound of fat. Now, if you are normally eating 2,000 calories, that is a net loss of 2,000 for two days. Which means you lost about 4 days to your cut. This isn't a big deal.

It becomes a big deal if you do this all the time. If you do it once every two weeks or once a month, you will still make progress. If you do this once a week you will probably be stopped dead in your tracks.

Edit ** A good rule I came up with for myself is that take the days you gorged and multiply that by two and that is roughly how many days it will take to get back to where you were. This isn't an absolute rule, however, just a general guideline.

Nickthebassist
06-03-2006, 06:40 AM
Okies, thanks for the advice. Last night I also went to a BBQ, but that was all meat like burgers and sausages, and I'd been lifting earlier on, so I guess all the protein will have been good for me. The days before that had been roast beef, veg, pizza, etc.

Sose
06-03-2006, 06:41 PM
BBQ sauce has quite a bit of sugar in it though :(

Nickthebassist
06-04-2006, 04:12 AM
BBQ sauce has quite a bit of sugar in it though :(
Nah, we didn't eat BBQ sauce, but we did eat ketchup so I guess that's sugary too. O well, I've been doing my HIIT for the last 2 days, and also biking to and from my dad's to my gran's so I guess I'll be workin the lard off.