PDA

View Full Version : I no longer crave fast food...at all.

Patz
06-01-2006, 07:51 PM
In my hometown, we have a gauntlet of sorts. A combination gasoline alley and fast food depot, ready to satisfy every craving in a matter of minutes. Generally, when I'm hungry and feeling cheaty I head that way and can make up my mind in one full pass--but no more..

I no longer crave fast food. More and more, I find myself going to the grocery store and getting a rotisserie chicken or something else nice and clean, in lieu of my beloved french fries, mexican, Cap'n D's, etc.

I've been learning about nutrition--cutting and maintaining and cutting some more--for well over a year now and up until recently the call of the processed culinary prostitute still beckoned me. Now, it's gone. Literally, if I force myself to eat fast food I hardly enjoy the flavor. I think about how many calories, and if it's even enough protein to add another brick to this house. I can make that trip up and down gasoline alley three times now, and still end up at the grocery store.

Why is it gone? I love french fries. Don't I?

I did eat some pizza the other day and it was great, but that's really rare. I know what's in EVERYTHING now. All I can think when I choose a meal is, "is this hurting my cause, or helping it?" "Do I need to cut calories the rest of the day now, to stay in a deficit?"

This is intriguing..have I finally broken the addiction?

Built
06-01-2006, 07:52 PM
It'll all come back when you start having sex again.

getfit
06-01-2006, 08:10 PM
i'll eat the french fries for you Pat :D

Built
06-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Ohhh, poutine!

arya202
06-01-2006, 08:25 PM
I no longer crave fast food...at all.

I do:smoke:

ddegroff
06-01-2006, 08:56 PM
I notice for me its more or less a burrito joint over "fast burger joint". ITS a good thing that you no longer crave that crappy food. I just started making my own fries in the oven, no reason to go out and get em.

RBB
06-01-2006, 09:53 PM
i don't really care for fast food either. but i still love some pizza hut, domino's, etc. i think i could eat pizza for at least one meal everyday if given the chance.

Hockey66
06-01-2006, 10:50 PM
It'll all come back when you start having sex again.

Does that mean ol' Patty will never enjoy McDonald's again? Oh, dear.. :(

:D

Built
06-01-2006, 11:32 PM
Hell, he should be downright SKINNY by Christmas!

(please don't ban me, Pat...)

Jordanbcool
06-02-2006, 05:22 AM
I've had this happened to me too. I dont really find most fast foods very satisfying anymore.

1) Because I know how many calories/grams of fat are in them I usually feel VERY guilty and will go run a mile afterwards
2) Along with the guilt I just simply cant enjoy it
3) I get a mental image of me being obese and having a heart attack when I look at whoppers
4) I dunno...they just dont taste as good.

Despite all that my upcoming bulk is coming sooon. Im sure I will change my mind about all those points.

I still cant keep myself away from cheesecake...

-jordan

dissipate
06-02-2006, 05:41 AM
i'm with jordan's #1, #2, and #3. #4 - still tastes good to me! and i'd have curly fries and homemade pizza any day!!

ArchAngel777
06-02-2006, 07:08 AM
The addiction is broken only as long as you continue to eat healthy. If you were to eat fast food again, probably twice, you would have cravings for it again and be addicted.

Beast
06-02-2006, 07:57 AM
I definitely get the cravings once and a while, no matter how long I eat clean for. It's the fatass gene, I say.

Jordanbcool
06-02-2006, 08:15 AM
I know what's in EVERYTHING now. All I can think when I choose a meal is, "is this hurting my cause, or helping it?" "Do I need to cut calories the rest of the day now, to stay in a deficit?"

That is so true.

I find myself counting off a rough average of the macros and calories in pretty much everything I eat. It makes the food alot less enjoyable..but hey. I guess thats the price we pay eh?

KingWilder
06-02-2006, 09:31 AM
I no longer crave fast food either....

unless I'm drinking

djreef
06-02-2006, 09:40 AM
You finally worked all the chemicals out of your system. McDonalds, and those guys don't spend BILLIONS of dollars on food marketing and taste testing, and partnersip with labs all over the world for nothing. They add just enough of artificial this, and chemical that, to addict you. They've been doing this for decades. Think about it - how many times does it take a child, the group least able to resist this type of innoculation, to eat at McDonalds before it becomes their favorite place to eat? Ask any 5 year old where they want to eat tonight - what's the universal answer? They know what buttons to push, and have known for years.

DJ

Patz
06-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Hell, he should be downright SKINNY by Christmas!

(please don't ban me, Pat...)

hey now..

that streak was broken and demolished.

Built
06-02-2006, 02:48 PM
hey now..

that streak was broken and demolished.

Good lad!

Now go enjoy your cheeseburgers! :)

Jordanbcool
06-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Good lad!

Now go enjoy your cheeseburgers! :)

Built. You fatty how did you ever get so thin :) Your making me hungry!

Built
06-02-2006, 03:39 PM
I just had dimsum.

And an almond cookie. <burp!>

betastas
06-02-2006, 04:16 PM
I ate 2 lbs of uncooked oatmeal today (3 shakes). I really need to get to the grocery store.

I love eating those little mcdonald cheeseburgers. They're like popcorn.

TexasDevil
06-02-2006, 04:23 PM
i dunno i love panda express still though i know how many calories and stuff are in them since 2 of my friends work there but still so good(chinese fast food in case u dont have it were u live)

Jordanbcool
06-02-2006, 04:46 PM
I love eating those little mcdonald cheeseburgers. They're like popcorn.

I am one of the straightest people on here but I have too say I love you.

That is my only weekness at fast foods is those tiny dollar cheeseburgers. I can eat like 50 of them!! They are so damned good.

Built
06-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Nuhn-Unnh. I'm WAY straighter than you. :p

Bob
06-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah.. breaking the habit is cool...
Especially when you are traveling... going thru airports.. etc.. and just chewing on Protein bars.. eating nuts.. or drinking milk...

But, I still gotta have my Pizza at least once a week... luckily, my wife makes a great whole wheat version with fresh veggies and good fats... except for that pepperoni.. but we drain the fat out of that..

betastas
06-02-2006, 06:36 PM
I love me too.

motoko013
06-02-2006, 08:00 PM
i tried eating a bacon ultimate cheeseburger.....i thought i was gonna barf

Built
06-02-2006, 08:03 PM
OMG I love bacon and cheese on ANYTHING! Especially smothered in caramelized onions gaaaaaaa! :drooling:

method115
06-02-2006, 08:11 PM
I woudlnt say I don't crave fast food as much but I certainly don't order the same things I used to. Like I can no longer eat the mcdonalds beef hamburgers I only get chicken sandwhichs. I still love the french fries thoughs thier just so delicious espicially when you get the fresh ones that are so crispy mmmm.