PDA

View Full Version : Conversion : Cut to PSMF

Sose
06-01-2006, 09:56 PM
so I'm on week 2 of my cut, dont really have any goals as far as length of time on the cut, just want to look better. I'm about 16-17% BF from estimation. I started pretty strongly getting around 2k cals and day but lately ive been struggling to get 1k even. Protein is around 1g per lb but fat and carbs are >20 usually. I understand that I will lose more LBM by not eating enough cals - but im more focused on losing the weight right now. Would it benefit me more (not being grossly overweight) to just convert my cut to a PSMF type diet? or should i just try to get more cals? Also, i know that fat is for controlling hunger, but im confused as to why else i would need it. I know healthy fats have beneficial effects but is it necessary for a cut?

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Sose

(please exclude the day i went to hell and ate like 4k cals, nutty bars were on sale :nod: )

ArchAngel777
06-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Well, it is always good to be healthy and treat your body well. PSMF probably isn't the best thing for your body, but it isn't the worst, nor would I call it evil or bad. However, with that said, I personally do not see anything wrong with PSMF if you can tolerate it and your body keeps muscle well. Some people tend to lose more muscle, or claim they do. If this is the case, stay far away from it. But if you seem to hold on to your muscle, nothing wrong with going PSMF.

You should probably take from Flax Seed oil everyday when doing PSMF, just a teaspoon or so, even less is fine. This gives you the omega's that you need. Fish oil capsules work too. Take a vitamin, maybe even one in the morning and evening.

Well, good luck and take care.

Jordanbcool
06-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Well, it is always good to be healthy and treat your body well. PSMF probably isn't the best thing for your body, but it isn't the worst, nor would I call it evil or bad. However, with that said, I personally do not see anything wrong with PSMF if you can tolerate it and your body keeps muscle well. Some people tend to lose more muscle, or claim they do. If this is the case, stay far away from it. But if you seem to hold on to your muscle, nothing wrong with going PSMF.

You should probably take from Flax Seed oil everyday when doing PSMF, just a teaspoon or so, even less is fine. This gives you the omega's that you need. Fish oil capsules work too. Take a vitamin, maybe even one in the morning and evening.

Well, good luck and take care.

Wow. What a good post. Im doing a PSMF right now and its working wonders for my fatloss. It really depends on the person I guess but I've kept most (if not all) of my muscle. My lifts havent gone down so I havent lost anything significant.....

Anyways. Buy the book if you are really serious about a PSMF.

-jordan

dw06wu
06-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Seconding the statement that if you are going to do PSMF then buy the book and follow it to a T. If you don't, it can be very bad for your health.