PDA

View Full Version : "The Break-Up"

razorcut
06-02-2006, 06:32 AM
Saw it last night. Vince is freaking hilarious. Better than Wedding Crashers. Better than Old School. I highly recommend.

Beast
06-02-2006, 06:46 AM
Really? That's great news... wasn't sure about this movie from the previews.

Genacide
06-02-2006, 06:47 AM
Whoa Whoa Whoa..... Better than Old School and Wedding crashers? Are you sure it's not "better" because it's new and different?

surfer16
06-02-2006, 06:52 AM
better than old school? must be pretty damn funny :lurk:

Ron Burgundy
06-02-2006, 07:19 AM
Really? That's great news... wasn't sure about this movie from the previews.

I agree it didn't look to great from the previews still not sure if im going to attend, anyone else back him up?

accuFLEX
06-02-2006, 07:26 AM
Old School > Wedding crashers

But both wernt that great.....I plan on seeing The Break Up this Sunday

razorcut
06-02-2006, 07:41 AM
Whoa Whoa Whoa..... Better than Old School and Wedding crashers?Ok, let me clarify. Definitely better than Wedding Crashers.....for some reason I wasn't a huge fan. But absolutely As Good As (if not better than) Old School, IMO.

It's also definitely geared to the upper twenties and 30 something crowd. Someone who's never had a live-in relationship or had close friends that were married may not appreciate some of the humor.

muscle chic
06-02-2006, 07:55 AM
If it's better than Wedding Crashers I'll have to check it out!! I'm in need of some humor!!

Relentless
06-02-2006, 07:58 AM
Old School was epic.
Wedding Crashers was average to average-plus.

I will have to reserve judgement about how good this movie is until I've seen it as many times as I've seen Old School (which is quite a few times).

SpecialK
06-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Vince is usually pretty funny, I'll probably have to see this one.

PhilsterT
06-02-2006, 10:33 AM
I think the review was 1.5 stars out of 4 from where I am.

Ron Burgundy
06-02-2006, 11:18 AM
I personaly liked Anchor man more then both =P judging by my name lol.

Keith
06-02-2006, 11:47 AM
I personaly liked Anchor man more then both =P judging by my name lol.
:bow: :bow: :bow:
I can pretty much recite that entire movie. Nothing beats it terms of comedy IMO although Old School is incredibly close. If The Break Up is really better than Old School then ill do everything at will to see this movie.

Keith
06-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Do this movie have Will Farrell in it?

TECHO
06-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Do this movie have Will Farrell in it?

I don't think so...

Which is too bad.. because I just look at Will Ferrell sit quietly and start laughing.

I think I'll wait to rent Break Up. Looks funny, though... and did I see Jennifer Aniston naked in the preview? :D :D :D
She's so much hotter since her breakup with BP

Keith
06-02-2006, 12:01 PM
I don't think so...

Which is too bad.. because I just look at Will Ferrell sit quietly and start laughing.

I think I'll wait to rent Break Up. Looks funny, though... and did I see Jennifer Aniston naked in the preview? :D :D :D
She's so much hotter since her breakup with BP

I dont even sit quietly, as soon as I see him I laugh because I know hell make that scene awesome. He MADE Wedding Crashers, without him I wouldnt have liked it. So with this "Break Up" movie, theres no way it will even come close to Wedding Crashers or Anchorman for that matter. It may be a rent though because Vince is still good.

TECHO
06-02-2006, 12:04 PM
I dont even sit quietly, as soon as I see him I laugh because I know hell make that scene awesome. He MADE Wedding Crashers, without him I wouldnt have liked it. So with this "Break Up" movie, theres no way it will even come close to Wedding Crashers or Anchorman for that matter. It may be a rent though because Vince is still good.

Anchorman is in a league of its own, though... holy crap. My g/f and I watched that movie so many times!

Keith
06-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Anchorman is in a league of its own, though... holy crap. My g/f and I watched that movie so many times!
LOL amen to that!
Its funny, people either love it or dont think its that great at all. #1 for me!

HahnB
06-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Is it just me or do both Vince and Jennifer lack any range of character at all? They play the EXACT same person in every movie I've seen them in. Probably why Anistons movies have been flops.

f=ma
06-02-2006, 12:34 PM
agreed hahnb

personally i thought Old school was not very good.. i mean its amusing, but its not nearly as good as some make it out to be

Keith
06-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Ya I can see that. Vince has the same type of humour that im sure is alot of improff so it follows from movie to movie. And Anistons...meh lol dont care at all, dont think much of her acting or looks.

getfit
06-02-2006, 12:49 PM
i'm planning to see this film

d'Anconia
06-02-2006, 01:11 PM
LOL RazorCut has hyped this movie up. Can't wait to see a couple disappointed viewers get mad at him.:lurk:

WBBIRL
06-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Old school was awesome, Wedding Crashers was alright but has its annoying parts.

On a side note, I dont know about anyone else but when aniston comes on screen my eyes seem glued to a certaint part of her anatomy. I dont care if the movie showed her standing there for an hour and a half, Id watch it.

method115
06-02-2006, 02:04 PM
I can't believe how many people are praising anchor man I thought it was down right stupid. Will ferrel is funny but in his movies he just acts to stupid and does stupid comedy like in "date movie" and "Scary movie 3". Old school and wedding crashers was great wedding crashers being the better of the two but it was just dragged out way to long.

Anyways I do want see what people think of the break up I hate Anistons acting other then in her last movie i think its called "Derailed" she was ok in that. Vince Vaughn is just hilarious to me his comedy style is great. Which is why i loved wedding crashers him and the other guy play off eachother so much its hilarious.

Please no more talk about achorman it was horrible and just down right stupid the only part that I thought was funny was when he was forced to eat the **** that was pretty damn funny other then that I didnt even finish watching it.

razorcut
06-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Can't wait to see a couple disappointed viewers get mad at him.:lurk:Lol, I'm not refunding anyone's money that doesn't agree with my review. See at your own risk, but I stand by the recommendation.

-TIM-
06-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Is it just me or do both Vince and Jennifer lack any range of character at all? They play the EXACT same person in every movie I've seen them in. Probably why Anistons movies have been flops.You are dead on. The only character that Vince played who seemed a little different was in some action/drama with John Travolta where he played the bad guy. Jennifer Aniston movies generally suck.

Ben Stiller is another actor who is the exact damn same person in all of his movies. Even when the character is off the wall like in Dodge Ball and Zoolander, he still can't stray from his box.

Patz
06-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Anchor Man was horrible for me...I'm probably just not a Will Ferrel fan, though.

TECHO
06-02-2006, 04:29 PM
the only part that I thought was funny was when he was forced to eat the **** that was pretty damn funny other then that I didnt even finish watching it.

I find that funny b/c that was my least favorite part.

Doesn't matter, though. Like Keith said, people either loved it or hated it. Differences of opinion.

As for Aniston... yes.. her acting is the same in every role. Unfortunate for her it's not acting I enjoy. Tom Cruise has the same issue (among many, many... many other issues): He's the same person in every role. The difference is that I like the person he plays and I love his movies; all of them. Last Samurai is probably on my top 5 list. His other movies are close behind. Aniston is hot, though... and that makes her movies worth watching. :D

Just like Jessica Alba. "Into the Blue" was a waste of life except for the fact that every scene was Jessica Alba in a sexy swimsuit... thus the movie deserves a damn Oscar imo.

method115
06-02-2006, 08:19 PM
I find that funny b/c that was my least favorite part.

Doesn't matter, though. Like Keith said, people either loved it or hated it. Differences of opinion.

As for Aniston... yes.. her acting is the same in every role. Unfortunate for her it's not acting I enjoy. Tom Cruise has the same issue He's the same person in every role. The difference is that I like the person he plays and I love his movies; all of them. Last Samurai is probably on my top 5 list. His other movies are close behind. Aniston is hot, though... and that makes her movies worth watching. :D

Just like Jessica Alba. "Into the Blue" was a waste of life except for the fact that every scene was Jessica Alba in a sexy swimsuit... thus the movie deserves a damn Oscar imo.

haha amoung many other issues thats hilarious yea tom cruise is a crazy ass guy. If you look in his eyes on thoughs 20/20 interviews I swear you just know hes crazy. Yet I still love most of his movies it's weird I thought MI 3 was gonna suck because it would just be the same old **** as MI1 and 2. It wasn't thought it I loved it. Hes still a weirdo though. Anyone on here a scientologist by the way.

diesel_dan
06-03-2006, 03:27 AM
Old school was awesome, Wedding Crashers was alright but has its annoying parts.

On a side note, I dont know about anyone else but when aniston comes on screen my eyes seem glued to a certaint part of her anatomy. I dont care if the movie showed her standing there for an hour and a half, Id watch it.

Your not alone.

galileo
06-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Anchor Man was horrible for me...I'm probably just not a Will Ferrel fan, though.

We're not friends anymore.

Rock
06-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Patrick...what is this? youre not a Will Ferrel fan? what! Anchor man was awesome!

SpecialK
06-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Alright well I just saw this and I have to say it was definitely not as good as Wedding Crashers. Vince Vaughn was funny, but it was not one of his better movies.

WildCard
06-04-2006, 06:44 PM
break up was good but the ending excludes me from buying it on dvd

galileo
06-26-2006, 12:30 PM
I thought it was great, but not quite the same level as old school or wedding crashers. Maybe if they'd thrown a Wilson brother in the mix...

Anyhow, the ending was a little odd. Vince Vaughn appeared to be acting...gay? I don't know, it was just odd. My date was like, "Was that it?" I left feeling the same, although there were a lot of decent laughs in it.

LiFtHaTiRoN
06-26-2006, 01:18 PM
The movie was awesome, but hit its peak when Jenifer aniston walked around the apartment naked.

JustinASU
06-26-2006, 01:25 PM
The movie was awesome, but hit its peak when Jenifer aniston walked around the apartment naked.

:drooling:

galileo
06-26-2006, 01:58 PM

Oh, you mean the 2 seconds of out of focus footage? Yeah...real peak.

razorcut
06-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Maybe if they'd thrown a Wilson brother in the mix...
That one with Owen and Matt Dillon coming out next month doesn't look too bad....

g00dnick
06-29-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm sorry, but this was NOT better than Wedding Crashers and Old School...

Good movie though, I enjoyed it..

Canadian Crippler
06-29-2006, 05:30 PM
Ben Stiller is another actor who is the exact damn same person in all of his movies. Even when the character is off the wall like in Dodge Ball and Zoolander, he still can't stray from his box.I don't see the similarities between Stiller in There's something about Mary, Stiller in Along came Polly, and Stiller in Zoolander.

seK
06-29-2006, 11:37 PM
I don't see the similarities between Stiller in There's something about Mary, Stiller in Along came Polly, and Stiller in Zoolander.
I enjoy Stiller, you can see his fathers type of acting in him. For comedy actors I have to say I have not been impressed by Jim Carry since Pet Detective. It seems every movie he is in that is decent is made by the supporting actors not him.