PDA

View Full Version : help with strength routine

retsmit
06-02-2006, 06:49 PM
this summer i want to go on a strength based routine but i need help in developing one.. ive started the madcow 5x5 routine but realized i wont be able to stick with all of it because i work out at my friends house and his rents dont allow deadlifting because its too loud (we work out in the morning) and theyre afraid of damage to the weights and/or the floor

all he has is a squat rack and bench, so dips and dumbell excercises (as well as deadlifts) are out of the question.

ive read about the 10x3 and played around with numbers and this is what ive come up with so far

monday:

bench 10x3
close grip bench 3x8
lat pulldowns 3x8

wednesday:

squat 10x3
military press 5x5
upright row 3x8

friday:

barbell row 10x3
lat pulldowns 3x8
bb curls 3x8

are there anything that should be changed thatll make this routine as effective as possible? any suggestions/changes will be welcome

Songsangnim
06-03-2006, 07:27 PM
this summer i want to go on a strength based routine but i need help in developing one.. ive started the madcow 5x5 routine but realized i wont be able to stick with all of it because i work out at my friends house and his rents dont allow deadlifting because its too loud (we work out in the morning) and theyre afraid of damage to the weights and/or the floor

all he has is a squat rack and bench, so dips and dumbell excercises (as well as deadlifts) are out of the question.

ive read about the 10x3 and played around with numbers and this is what ive come up with so far

monday:

bench 10x3
close grip bench 3x8
lat pulldowns 3x8

wednesday:

squat 10x3
military press 5x5
upright row 3x8

friday:

barbell row 10x3
lat pulldowns 3x8
bb curls 3x8

are there anything that should be changed thatll make this routine as effective as possible? any suggestions/changes will be welcome

If all he has is a squat rack and bench, how are you able to do lat pulldowns?

If you want strength, I'd cut the reps down to no more than 3-5 by adding weight.

retsmit
06-03-2006, 07:31 PM
its no ordinary squat rack; theres some accessories attached to it that allows for some cable excercises

debussy
06-04-2006, 08:59 AM
8 upper body exercises and 1 leg exercise? I think you need to reprioritize your training.

betastas
06-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Lunges, Step ups, Good Mornings