PDA

View Full Version : case of the wicked poos

ottomanart
06-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Not sure what caused it but I have had the Sh*ts for about a month. Once a day, in the morning. Went and saw the doctor and am taking some meds now. I am not completely sure about Chniese meds and was wondering if you guys can help me out.

I was wondering if there is any kind of foods I can add to my diet to help stiff'n things up! I am eating lots of bread now and am staying awayfrom fruit (except bananas... good fiber). Is there anything else I can add?

bigedge
06-02-2006, 08:42 PM
whats your diet look like atm? perhaps you're alergic to something? lactose intolerant? i think (but not sure) that bumping your protein up will help solidify

Bruise Brubaker
06-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Is it ****s like liquid diarrhea or like big fatty smelly stools?

Green tea can help, unless you have a problem with cafeine. The tannins help "tighten" things... I'd recommend about 10 cups a day. Many other food contains tannins, such as black and blueberries, carob, etc.
The bananas could help but maybe they make things worst... A diet of meat and veggies should tighten things too, unless fats cause a problem.

Green tea can help fight bugs too. You should look into probiotics. The best one in my opinion is "Efficient Microbes" aka "EM" or "EM-1". See www.eminfo.info

Since it is only recent, it would be weird if it was something like lactose or fructose intolerance.

The doctors didn't seem to help much. I guess the meds only help the symptoms and do nothing about the causes.

ottomanart
06-02-2006, 10:27 PM
It's all water... and wicked smelling... Diet is healthy and I don't drink the milk here. I am guessing that it's something Chinese that got it there and won't get out. I will bump up my protien to try and help. Is there any other foods I can get to stiff'n it up?

Saint Patrick
06-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Fiber supplement, perhaps?

ottomanart
06-03-2006, 12:53 AM
Green tea can help fight bugs too. You should look into probiotics. The best one in my opinion is "Efficient Microbes" aka "EM" or "EM-1". See www.eminfo.info

The doctors didn't seem to help much. I guess the meds only help the symptoms and do nothing about the causes.

you're right about the dr. Not much help really. They did palpations and a Q and A session but seemed reluctant to do more. They said they didn't know what was causeing it... which is what I really need to find out. Once I finish the meds they gave me I will go back if thinks haven't improved.

Thanks for all the info though. I will see what I can do about finding berries... but I am think I am out of luck. Green tea however, is easy to find (I mean... it is China). I will look up the "EM" info after work and see what I can do to put it to use. Thanks a bunch!!!!