PDA

View Full Version : Question about refrigerating protein drinks

narbi
06-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Hey guys,

I just bought some nitrean chocolate and this is newb question but...

can I preblend a weeks worth of shakes and fridge them? I mean will they be just as nutritious and beneficial if I make them so much ahead of time?

oh yeah i plan to blend the powder w/ milk and some other stuff

Also if I mix in fruits and stuff will that make a differnce to the drink?

thank guys...

Bikkstah
06-05-2006, 12:06 AM
After even a day in the fridge, they get kinda flat like leaving an open soda or beer in the fridge. Happens with every protein i've ever had, but Nitrean will do the same; tastes kinda like old chocolate or something.

narbi
06-05-2006, 12:26 AM
After even a day in the fridge, they get kinda flat like leaving an open soda or beer in the fridge. Happens with every protein i've ever had, but Nitrean will do the same; tastes kinda like old chocolate or something.

dang that sucks...hate cleaning the blender every day and night...any good alternatives other then shaker cups

ScroogeSF
06-05-2006, 03:34 PM
dang that sucks...hate cleaning the blender every day and night...any good alternatives other then shaker cups

I use a hamilton beach personal blender (http://tinyurl.com/ltt7o) ...got it at walmart for 10 bucks. It works great for blending nitrean and cottage cheese. Cleaning is just rinsing the blender under water for a few seconds...its been working great for 4 months now. Try it out.

narbi
06-05-2006, 05:32 PM
hm is there enough space in that thing to make a full shake w/ bananas and pb...and stuff? it does look pretty easy to clean though haha

ScroogeSF
06-06-2006, 12:10 AM
I used to put in a banana, two tablespoons of peanut butter, and a scoop of whey...and around 8oz of water...you fill up the entire container.

Worst case, you gotta do it twice...which isnt that bad since you still only clean once.

From one of the amazon.com reviews: Clean up is easy as well. I just add a drop of dishsoap, some hot water, and run the blender for a few seconds. It cleans it wonderfully!

That's a freakin great idea! I gotta try this