PDA

View Full Version : Help with girl friends diet

method115
06-05-2006, 11:00 AM
My girl friend is going on a diet after having a kid she still has alot of weight and she wants to lose it. She is 5'2 185 pounds I got her started on a fitday and a workout program. I really need help with her diet though cause its so diffrent from day to day and low on cals already that I'm not sure what to do. She works from about 10am till 8pm and doesnt get a chance to eat at work alot of the times. Anyways let me know what you guys think. One thing I might add is shes already lost 5 pounds not sure if this matters or not. heres her fit day:
fitday (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=krizti)

getfit
06-05-2006, 11:01 AM
What is her diet like now?

Slim Schaedle
06-05-2006, 11:03 AM
My girl friend is going on a diet after having a kid she still has alot of weight and she wants to lose it. She is 5'2 185 pounds I got her started on a fitday and a workout program. I really need help with her diet though cause its so diffrent from day to day and low on cals already that I'm not sure what to do. She works from about 10am till 8pm and doesnt get a chance to eat at work alot of the times. Anyways let me know what you guys think. One thing I might add is shes already lost 5 pounds not sure if this matters or not. heres her fit day:
fitday (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=krizti)
She should be eating AT LEAST twice that amount.

method115
06-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Her diet is just like it is on fitday now I'm having a hard enough time getting her to workout pushing a diet I felt might be to much.

getfit
06-05-2006, 11:07 AM
sorry,i missed that.

getfit
06-05-2006, 11:08 AM
very low, no veggies, hardly any protein, no fats why?

lifter4life
06-05-2006, 11:25 AM
She needs to eat more and more often. Foods have a thermogenic effect that raises body temp and whatnot: that will allow her to burn more calories daily. I wouldn't put her on a BB diet though, but she needs to eat more of each macronutirent all-around. Seeing her diet now I could probably tell that she has lots of problems with energy during the day and probably feels like crap which is why I would tell her to eat more often. What kind of workout program do you have her on?

Edit: I would also recommend a multi vitamin and whatnot if she already isn't on one.

method115
06-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Yea she probably does shes eaten real unhealthy her whole life so its gonna be pretty hard to change her ways. Shes also used to make herself throw up so she probably thinks fats are bad ( even though I've constantly told her fats are necessary. ). Yea so I'm gonna show her what you guys said maybe hearing it from someone else will do the trick.

getfit
06-05-2006, 12:08 PM
why not ask her to join, we'll help her as much as we can :)

getfit
06-05-2006, 12:27 PM
does she still have an eating disorder?

crunkdizzle
06-05-2006, 02:44 PM
she eats a whole freakin cup of musterd everyday?

Built
06-05-2006, 02:56 PM
She needs to eat more and more often. Foods have a thermogenic effect that raises body temp and whatnot: that will allow her to burn more calories daily.

This is true no matter how often you eat.

I wouldn't put her on a BB diet though,

Why not? It would work! That's why I got INTO this sport! I was fat, too.

but she needs to eat more of each macronutirent all-around. Seeing her diet now I could probably tell that she has lots of problems with energy during the day and probably feels like crap which is why I would tell her to eat more often. What kind of workout program do you have her on?

Edit: I would also recommend a multi vitamin and whatnot if she already isn't on one.

June 4th calories weren't too bad:

Total 1587 fat:56 carb:192 protein:80

I might suggest getting about 130g each protein and carb and see how that feels - might be more comfortable for her. Fats look low-ish, but not horrid.

Green veggies, chicken, eggs and egg whites, cottage cheese, raw nuts, salad, one or two pieced of fruit - ditch the cookies, potato, chips, ravioli... maybe some oats or sweet potato if she wants the starch THAT bad.

Built
06-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Method, show her the cutting link in my sig.

Tell her to use 80% of her goal weight as an estimate of LBM for now.

method115
06-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Alright yea Im gonna show her the cutting link I'm not sure she'll understand it but I'll see. No she doesnt have the eating disorder anymore its been years about 6-7 years maybe even more then that.

I think the main problem is her job it really doesnt allow her to eat well they work her like a slave over at her job ( waitress )

Built
06-05-2006, 07:44 PM
<groan>

I was a waitress for a LOOOONG time.

Tell her to PM me if she wants to chat offline. I'll help her if she wants.

method115
06-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Alright cool built really appreciate