PDA

View Full Version : soy sauce?

Vikie
01-24-2002, 07:52 PM
i love soy sauce. and i want to make my stomach tighter, especially in the lower area....so lots of people told me i should stop eating salt because it retains water......does that go for soy sauce too???? because it's salty but theres no salt u know what im sayin.....i LOVE soy sauce. i DRENCH my rice in it. it turns my beautiful white rice brown, but it makes it tastye better, reallllllyyy salty. .....does that retain water too??? cuz if its one thing i need it's not to retain water. somebody answer! bye

Orange357
01-24-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Vikie
i love soy sauce. and i want to make my stomach tighter, especially in the lower area....so lots of people told me i should stop eating salt because it retains water......does that go for soy sauce too???? because it's salty but theres no salt u know what im sayin.....i LOVE soy sauce. i DRENCH my rice in it. it turns my beautiful white rice brown, but it makes it tastye better, reallllllyyy salty. .....does that retain water too??? cuz if its one thing i need it's not to retain water. somebody answer! bye

just cut it down, and/or drink lots of water at least 2 gallons a day...BTW your posts are always entertaining;)
fyi yoyr colored writing gives me a headache:(

ElPietro
01-24-2002, 07:59 PM
Also, maybe giving brown rice a try instead of white rice could be an idea. That way you'll need less soy sauce to turn it brown...and hey it just might be better for you too. ;)

Scooby-Doo
01-24-2002, 08:06 PM
Basicly as long as you drink plenty of water you wont retain much water even if you have plenty of salt.

ElPietro, while thats a good idea, I think shes doing this in chinese or japenese reseterunts and I have never seen brown rice in a chinese or japenese resterunt. (well except maybe fried rice but thats a diffrent matter entirely) :)

Qea
01-24-2002, 08:14 PM
White rice rocks.

maybe its cuz i'm chinese.

Brown rice tastes like ass, they charge you more for being too lazy to remove the husks? bastards.

:p

Scooby-Doo
01-24-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Qea
they charge you more for being too lazy to remove the husks? bastards.

I know! Whats up with that! :rolleyes:

Orange357
01-24-2002, 08:26 PM
pfft..rice..pfft...not my cup of tea
:rolleyes:

Jane
01-24-2002, 09:29 PM
me neither orange. rice is all sorts of useless.

but tea I like.

And Vik, I've read somewhere that it's not the amount of salt in your diet, it's the consistency of the amount of salt. So if you have a certain amount each day, even if it's kind of high, you won't retain much water. I'm not sure how this works, but hey...the mirror is always worse than what everyone else sees. Don't worry about retaining water :) Btw, drinking water is the best way to get rid of bloatedness.

Sinep
01-24-2002, 10:11 PM
water retention?! quick.. the dieurics , kiddin
Jane is right.. don't worry about the water, get rid of unwanted fat first then playing with water retention is an option.

YatesNightBlade
01-25-2002, 02:36 AM
If you don't get enough salt Viki your body will retain more water. You need important eletrolytes in your body. Drink plenty of water and avoid foods too high in sodium and you'll be fine. Soy sauce is no problemo. ;)

Jane
01-25-2002, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Sinep
water retention?! quick.. the dieurics , kiddin
Jane is right.. don't worry about the water, get rid of unwanted fat first then playing with water retention is an option.

hon she's at like 12% right now, I don't think there is any fat on her that should not be there.

But I'm right anyway. lol :)

IceRgrrl
01-25-2002, 05:38 AM
There is such a thing as reduced sodium soy sauce. I use it when I'm making stir-fry or teriyaki marinade. It tastes exactly like regular soy sauce too...

the doc
01-25-2002, 06:10 AM
salty ?

mesmall
01-25-2002, 08:52 AM
I would not be too concerned on sodium intake unless you are eating alot of processed foods and puting salt on your food at most of your meals. I use low sodium soyo sauce just for the simple fact that I cannot tell the differance. :)

Orange357
01-25-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Jane

but tea I like.

i leiks tea.:)

01-25-2002, 08:55 AM
thank god girls like the taste of salt...:p

Orange357
01-25-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Avatar
thank god girls like the taste of salt...:p

:hump: :evillaugh

Alex.V
01-25-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Jane

Rice is the shizat. Parboiled and brown rice are my two major carb sources... at dinner at least. *gasp*, Yes, I eat carbs at night. I ALSO have fat at the same time. Damn, it's making me a lard ass.

Anyway, yeah, I LOVE rice drenched in soy sauce, but as long as I supplement with my potassium and drink loads of water, I feel I'm all right. Sure, it's not the absolute healthiest thing you can do, but it's so good. lol. And yeah, low sodium soy sauce is always a good alternative.

MWB
01-25-2002, 09:14 AM
You can always use that "No Salt" substitute. Tastes just like real salt but is made from potassium.

Slim Schaedle
01-25-2002, 09:46 AM
I read on some site that for pre-contest dieting you should ADD salt to everything. Now i know things about reducing sodium or maintaining it for water loss......but adding lots of salt? Anyone know anything about that?

Vikie
01-25-2002, 10:08 AM
thanx guys. that actually helped. i already drink a lot of water every dya, so i guess im okay. but i like water so im gonna drink more and more. okay BYE! thanx!

01-25-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Slim Schaedle
I read on some site that for pre-contest dieting you should ADD salt to everything. Now i know things about reducing sodium or maintaining it for water loss......but adding lots of salt? Anyone know anything about that?

yes you add sodium to your meals pre-contest so that when you sodium restrict a few days out from a show, the new low sodium has a more pronounced effect on the body.

Slim Schaedle
01-25-2002, 08:09 PM
ahhh, makes sense

Scooby-Doo
01-25-2002, 08:25 PM
interesting factoid there..