PDA

View Full Version : gpp all the time?

jdeity
06-06-2006, 01:38 PM
just curious what people here are doing, i was reading an article on this site about gpp, referring to it as more of a preparedness phase.

i don't treat it as a phase, but as a part of my routine. i have felt really great ever since beginning gpp work, and definitely don't plan to stop it; i currently do gpp on top of a light bulking routine, and actually mix them in with each other (right in teh middle of a workout i will incorporate gpp stuff, always after my heavy work, but feel it gives me a much better all around workout)

MixmasterNash
06-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Well, GPP was once known as athleticism, and good athletes tend to exercise a lot.

jdeity
06-06-2006, 05:14 PM
look i'm just asking if guys are using it in conjunction with their workouts or not. why post if you don't have much to say?

Chubrock
06-06-2006, 07:42 PM
He did. Think about what he said before you start questioning his post.

jdeity
06-06-2006, 08:50 PM
oh i get it, he's a good athlete therefore he exercises alot? a simple yes i do or no i don't would've been easier for the slow learners

MixmasterNash
06-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Let me rephrase: good athletes don't just lift weights. They play sports, work on skills, endurance, agility, and flexibility. A lot. This was once known as athleticism. It is now fasionable to call it GPP.

jdeity
06-07-2006, 09:24 AM
okay, i get what you're saying, and i agree, good athletes are athletic. i'm asking specifically whether you do or not, not just whether athletes do.

ddegroff
06-07-2006, 11:19 AM
I followed CF for entire month ONLY doing the WOD. I was maintaining so my weight stayed the same but I got stronger and got in to much better shape. You could do it only just as is, or you could combine it with a normal weightlifting routine.

Anthony
06-07-2006, 11:22 AM
What's an example of something you do as "gpp" in middle of your workout?

jdeity
06-07-2006, 09:20 PM
i'll throw in stuff like wipers/ L pullups for speed after doing my heavier work. it's never the same stuff, i usually just kind of make it up as i go. like if i'm doing deadlifts, after i do my heavy work i'll do 'side deadlifts'... i don't know what they're really called, but i'll put the bar perpendicular to how it normally woudl be, alongside me, and pick it up, turn to my other side, and put it down.

basically just random off center or speed stuff thrown in once i've completed the 'meat' of my workout (another example would be playing dance dance revolution after a leg workout..... yes i know that's gay, and no i don't care)