PDA

View Full Version : Fitday log

thormotox448
06-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Just wondering if someone could look over my fitday log i just started it a couple days ago. Im just about positive i need to start eatting alot more meats to get my protein up. Please tell me what i should start getting more of or less of! thank you

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=thormotox448

McIrish
06-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Hey thormo, I gave your most recent day or two a gander - I like seeing "homemade protein brownies" in there (assuming you're using good ingredients... read HahnB's protein brownie link if you're interested, he hits the nail right on the head) as well as "Whey protein" - you could do with another serving or two of that per day, if you ask me. Some things that are on the proverbial cutting board - pudding, plain bagels, Pop tarts (yeah, this has gotta go), cookie/brownie.

All in all, not bad - you've got a decent amt. of cals on there. Are you bulking currently? What is your weight? I also note that you ran 10 minutes at a moderate pace... hmm, do a search for HIIT and replace said jogging with one session of HIIT...indefinitely. You'll thank me later.

EDIT: I forgot to tell you what to replace pop tarts with (as if you didn't know already!) Read the sticky called "what a bodybuilder eats" :http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

thormotox448
06-06-2006, 07:06 PM
yeah i am currently bulking. I just weighted my self at the gym today and i was 184.0 Lbs. I plan on bulking to around 195 then being my cut. Thank you for the information about HITT i will have to do that tomorrow at the gym! The homemade protein bar that i am takening now is

1 cup Natural peanut butter
8 tablespoons honey
1&1/4 cups whey protein powder
1 cup of uncooked oatmeal

i found it in http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=57297

maybe i will have to do some expericermenting with both this recpie and the other one that you told me about

en1222
06-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Why so little protein? If you weight 184 figure out your LBM and multiply it by 1-1.5 and that is how many grams of protein you should be taking in.. unless you do not want to gain any muscle.

KingWilder
06-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Your fats look a little low for 185...I'm only at 165 and I take in about 80-85g of healthy fats a day

General rule that most people on these boards use is:

0.5g fat per/lb
1.5g protein per/lb (some do LBM, others do bodyweight)
carbs...whatever fits in with your total calories

ddegroff
06-07-2006, 11:16 AM
UP the protein (atleast 1g/lbm) and fat (.5g/lbm).

EDIT: AHHHH, King you beat me too it!

thormotox448
06-07-2006, 11:18 AM
thanks for the info. I knew i had to up my protein but wasn't sure about the other stuff. What do you guys rec. to up my fat intake?

KingWilder
06-07-2006, 11:37 AM
I'd up your fat to 85-90g

thormotox448
06-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Could you recommend me some foods to eat that would increase my fat intake. I'm just started recording what i eat and my intake. So im not very sure yet what foods are good for fat.

ddegroff
06-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Olive oil, nuts, meat (help get the fat and protein up). Also make sure your taking some kind of fish oil (6g/day).