PDA

View Full Version : Insulin In Response to Leptin

Eszekial
06-07-2006, 02:07 PM
I apologize for the random questions. Anybody with insight (DDeg, Hotlo, Smalls, Built) etc etc. please grace me with a response...

Leptin release decreases as a) you get leaner and b) as the body enters fasting states.

Catecholamines are responsible for fat mobilization into the blood stream. These are mostly negated with the presense of insulin.

In response to lower leptin levels, insulin release and insulin sensativity ________?

Eszekial
06-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Bump!

Beast
06-07-2006, 03:29 PM
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9283801&dopt=Abstract

Eszekial
06-07-2006, 04:18 PM
If i'm reading this right, insulin release and sensativity are independant of leptin levels.

Thank you very much!

ddegroff
06-07-2006, 08:40 PM
That they are, yes we see changes in all three when dieting. BUT low leptin levels, does not mean that more/less insulin will be released.

EDIT: Couldn't think for the life of me last night. Lower bf levels, means less fat cells to release leptin. With lower bf levels (leaner) the more insulin sensitive one gets. The more insulin sensitive one is the less insulin one needs to lower blood glucose levels. Hope thats helps.