PDA

View Full Version : *CRITIQUE* my diet please.

DGabe24
06-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Ok here's what I've come up with so far.

Meal 1
- 1 ON Whey shake - 2 scoops in 2% milk.
- NOW Adam Multi vitamin
- 1 Fish oil capsule
- 2 Servings of oatmeal
- 1 capsule of Vigor (antioxidant)

Meal 2
- PB& Fluff sandwhich
- Lots of water
- Bag of nuts, at least 8oz.
- Some sort of fruit (usually strawberries, watermelon, or blueberries)

Meal 3
- 1 ON Whey shake - 2 scoops in 2% milk
- Some type of deli sandwhich, usually a chicken wrap with fresh mozzarella, roasted peppers, and balsamic.
- 1 Fish oil capsule
- 16 oz. water

Meal 4
- Either a tuna sandwhich, egg salad, or chicken salad.
- 1 Serving of oatmeal
- 1 ON Whey Shake - 2 scoops in 2% milk
- Banana
- Bag of nuts (at least 6 oz.)

Meal 5
- Homemade dinner - prepared by my mom :clap: - usually chicken, fish, steak, pot roast, or something like that.
- More water
- 1 Fish oil capsule
- Vegetables - brocoli, corn, or asparagus usually

Meal 6
- NOW Adam multi
- 1 Fish oil capsule
- 1 ON Whey shake - 2 scoops in 2% milk

How does this look? I'm looking to gain weight, roughly 15 more pounds. I wasnt sure where to fill in the fish oil capsules, so I hope they are relatively good where I put them. This is going to be my diet throughout the summer when I work.

Supplements:
Multivitamin - NOW Adam
Antioxidants - Designer Supplements Vigor
Fish Oil - Optimum
Protein - ON 100% Whey (can't wait to replace this strawberry crap I bought)
Creatine - Creatine 500, for now, looking to change to Designer Supplements Xceed.

Should I look into BCAA's and EAA's, or not really necessary until Im a few more years experienced?

One more question, I have been looking for some shakes that are maybe a little higher in protein / calories and I came across the Prolab N-Large II that I see alot of people talking about. Would this be something relatively cost effective to have maybe 2-3 times a day? Maybe just buying 10lbs of ON is the best and having 2 scoops each shake like I do?

time2grown06
06-07-2006, 05:56 PM
diet looks pretty good to me. Maybe try to get more protein in meal #2. Maybe cottage cheese, eggs, lean ground beef, chicken breasts.:burger:

GL

Built
06-07-2006, 06:02 PM
I take 10g fish oil a day, and just trickle 'em in over the course of the day like you are.

What are your macros, and how do they compare with maintenance?

DGabe24
06-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah actually I just had my dad go out and buy some cottage cheese and yogurt. (I cant have straight cottage cheese, I like to mix it with some yogurt so it's possible for me to eat)

Built - I love your help with my routines and ieting but seriously macros shmacros, I am just tryin to eat a lot of good healthy foods. One day if I get bored maybe i'll figure out my macros and maintenance.

Edit** Was looking up steel cut oats, I think these will really fit in to have maybe twice a day to really boost up my diet. Maybe 1 cup in the fire half of the day, and another cup in the second half. Thats another 1800 calories or so in the 2 cups. Think that's a good idea?

WildCard
06-07-2006, 10:44 PM
I would ditch the whey and replace it with food. trust me, after a while, whey gets repulsive( cottage cheese on the other hand tastes better every time I eat it)

other than that it looks good. I would stay away from yoghurt though. contains high fructose corn syrup

DGabe24
06-07-2006, 10:57 PM
I am not a huge fan of yogurt, but I like to mix it with the cottage cheese just to help me get it down. I really cant just have plain CC yes its disgusting. I really dont mind the whey shakes. I think with the steel cut oats and cottage cheese I'll bump it down to 3 shakes a day, 2 scoops each. Need to figure out where to put them though and how to take em.

WildCard
06-08-2006, 12:24 AM
try the lucerne brand of cottage cheese. It is a bit blander than other brands and easier to eat by itself. I ate that for a month and then when I couldnot taste it anymore switched to borden. yummy. I savor the taste of cottage cheese now.

as far as whey goes, there is evidence which suggests that you can lose more fat or gain more muscle using other proteins, like casein.
when I switched to cottage cheese and chicken vs whey, I blew up

Built
06-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Put the cc in the blender with some dextrose and some cocoa - it's delish - tastes like chocolate cheesecake.

Also good with lemon juice, peel, and dextrose.

DGabe24
06-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Meal 1
- NOW Adam Multi vitamin
- 1 Fish oil capsule
- 2 Servings of oatmeal
- Cottage cheese with dextrose and cocoa - Should give me some energy and casein throughout the day. (at least 6 oz.)

Meal 2
- PB& Fluff sandwhich
- 16 oz. water
- Bag of nuts, at least 8oz.
- Some sort of fruit (usually strawberries, watermelon, or blueberries)
- 1 ON Whey Shake - 2 scoops in whole milk - 1 cup of steel cut oats

Meal 3
- Some type of deli sandwhich, usually a chicken wrap with fresh mozzarella, roasted peppers, and balsamic.
- 1 Fish oil capsule
- 16 oz. water
- Cottage cheese with dextrose and cocoa (going to try for at least 6 oz.)

-Will have my creatine in Gatorade around this time.

Meal 4
- Either a tuna sandwhich, egg salad, or chicken salad.
- Banana
- Bag of nuts (at least 4 oz.)
- ON Whey shake - 2 scoops in whole milk with 1 cup of steel cut oats

-Usually work out around this meal's time give or take, will have one shake with 2 scoops PWO.

Meal 5
- Homemade dinner - prepared by my mom - usually chicken, fish, steak, pot roast, or something like that.
- More water
- 1 Fish oil capsule
- Vegetables - brocoli, corn, or asparagus usually

Meal 6
- NOW Adam multi
- 1 Fish oil capsule
- Cottage cheese with dextrose and cocoa (*this actually sounds really good, Thanks Built) -plus here's a good source of casein before bedtime

Changes: Added 3 more servings of cottage cheese, and 2 cups of Steel Cut Oats. I have 3 ON Shakes throughout the day, two of which are in my meals and the 3rd is a PWO.

Thanks again for all your help, this should be perfected by next Wednesday it looks like which would be ideal. :D