PDA

View Full Version : Great way to get down a whey shake

Mercuryblade
06-07-2006, 10:10 PM
So here's what I discovered, mostly by accident, actually, completely by accident.
My dad is kind of a goof, and has a tendency to not read labels at the grocery store and has brought home some wierd stuff (low acid orange juice anyone?).
So I told him to pick up some chocolate syrup, and he comes home with Smucker's hot fudge ice cream topping. Ok, no big deal, I just need to cover up the taste, because I HATE the taste of whey, I still have bad memories of throwing up GNC Brand vanilla whey protein.
So I took my blender out of the dishwasher, (the glass part- not the whole thing, I'm not that bad without my meds)
Still reading?
So of course, the blender is quite warm, some might say hot, to the touch. I'm still in my sugar low post work-out state, so I really don't care, I just need food in my body. I add the whey- 3 scoops of nitrean chocholate, and about a tablespoon and a half of the fudge. I fill it up with water.
I blend the stuff.
This is honestly the least offensive tasting whey shake I have ever had, I could hardly taste the whey, which is saying alot because I HATE whey. This shake wasn't delicious by any means, but it was not in anyway bad.
Also if you are watching your cals the fudge adds all of
Fat 3.34g
Sugars 13.5g
Carbs 17.5 g
Calories 97.5

If you are bulking, add more fudge, throw in some peanut butter, and if you are truly a badass like I was- throw in a cup of canola oil like I used to do when I was bulking this winter (instant 1200 calories).

Anyways, just thought I'd share this with everyone, being as I get kind of tired of whey sometimes.

Saint Patrick
06-07-2006, 10:23 PM
meh, I make a friggin cocktail out of it. Here's what I've been drinking before bed and for breakfast:

Cottage Cheese
Plain nonfat yogurt
milk
1 scoop whey
1/2 cup oat powder (equal to about 3/4 cups oats)
tbsp brewers yeast
1 raw egg (optional)
Banana
Strawberries or raspberries
2 tbsp EVOO or natty PB

I've been gaining like 2 lbs/week.

Mercuryblade
06-08-2006, 12:34 AM
What's brewers yeast do?

SkinnySadMan
06-09-2006, 07:23 PM
I don't drink down teh hardc0re shakes... I just drink it with milk+the protein powder. I just buy some Stevia flavored chocolate, mix it in with the shake.

Don't know if that stuff will work with your thick ass shakes.

D Breyer
06-09-2006, 07:34 PM
What's brewers yeast do?
thats what I was thinking...

found this on google
http://www.vitaminuk.com/pages/articles/brewersyeast.htm

cphafner
06-09-2006, 07:42 PM
just put it in water and chug. Canola oil is a bad idea. Opt for being sources of fat like olive, fish, or flax oil. No need for a cup, 1 or 2 tbsp per shake is all you need.

Built
06-09-2006, 07:55 PM
cp - what dirt have you got on canola?

cphafner
06-09-2006, 07:58 PM
cp - what dirt have you got on canola?

None really, just think there are better options.

235orbust
06-09-2006, 08:00 PM
1 cup canola oil, im impressed

Saint Patrick
06-09-2006, 10:04 PM
What's brewers yeast do?

Protein, Fiber, Vitamins and Amino Acids:

http://www.vitacost.com/TwinlabBrewersYeastPowder

Check the Nutrition info

ehscrewdude
07-25-2006, 10:32 PM
i just blend this into a smoothie-

water
ice
scoop of whey
cottage cheese
fruit of the day
banana
oats
raw egg (sometimes)

LouPac
07-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Just be a man and drink the whey!!!

sharkall2003
07-26-2006, 12:36 AM
I put in two scoops of whey with 8 oz of milk and I am ready to go. I would eat whey by the tablespoon if it would make me bigger.

ehscrewdude
07-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Just be a man and drink the whey!!!

true that.... its not that bad (better than say, having to take tablespoons of fish oil.... talk about gag reflex)

Eszekial
07-26-2006, 09:46 AM
I have my water + nitrean shake blended in my mouth

Top that, weaklings!

Mercuryblade
07-27-2006, 05:05 PM
1 cup canola oil, im impressed
haha thanks, yeah my friends thought I was crazy

I'm starting to get real used to the taste of nitrean now, 4 scoops plus water plus dex tastes just fine to me now, for some reason I like it warm better.

ehscrewdude
07-27-2006, 08:36 PM
DUDE.... try this....

whey in milk with tbsp olive oil, 2 egg whites, and fruit.... that rocks...