PDA

View Full Version : Diet/supplements while traveling

Tarendol
06-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Later this summer I am going to be in Europe for almost a month for work and vacation. Unfortunately the places I will be staying at don't have gyms, so apart from bodyweight exercises I can do in my room I am going to be pretty much out of luck (however, I do hope to be able to visit a gym once or twice while I stay with a friend in the middle of the trip).

There's not much I can do about that; however, I am also concerned about diet and supplements (in this case, creatine). Normally I would just eat what I want and gain some weight, but I am hesitant to do so in this case as I won't be working out. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to eat while traveling? I'm not going to be too anal about it in any event, I just want to keep muscle loss/ fat gain to a minimum. Also, can you buy creatine in Europe? I am sure it would be legal to bring it with me, but I'm not about to try and get a white powder through the customs of a foreign country! :) I'm not too concerned as I can just start taking it again when I get back, but it would be nice to stay on it.

getfit
06-08-2006, 07:15 PM
supplements are VERY expensive in Europe, buy them from where you are and bring them with you, pack them in your suitcase.

getfit
06-08-2006, 07:19 PM
where are you going in Europe? alot of open markets around, you can buy virtually everything fresh.

Tarendol
06-09-2006, 01:25 PM
I will be visiting the Netherlands, Austria, and Italy.

getfit
06-09-2006, 02:07 PM
nice, buy your supplements before hand and pack them as i suggested.Europe is very expensive in general.