PDA

View Full Version : A couple fitday questions

DokterVet
06-09-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm using fitday to track my diet, but I have a few questions.

1) Why do they not have grilled or barbequed as a cooking option for any of their food? A lot of my food, especially in the summer, is grilled or barbequed. What is the closest option to that on fitday?

2) What does NFS stand for? It appears at the end of some items such as Cheese, Cottage, NFS.

Thanks.

Minotaur
06-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Roasted or baked should approximate grilling... all dry heat methods.

NFS is not further specified, I believe.

DokterVet
06-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Thanks.

I thought barbequing might be different because of how the grease falls through the grill.

ViciousBish
06-25-2006, 08:03 AM
Actually, I'm having a tough time with the fitday as well. Instead of asking first I searched the forum.

When I eat like 2 eggs, Do I HAVE to use cups as a measurement? If so would that be 1/4 of a cup? Also i chose the job where I'm up on my feet all day. So when I am doing my activities on the website. Do I skip all that?(will it be already calculated in)

Also, in the food tab it lists me as needing about 5,600 cal a day to maintain, and I my days so far that i've posted have been in the 3,000 range. Does that mean im going to drop huge weight?

Sorry I'm in a hurry, hopefully my questions make sense, thanks for your help.

JustLost
06-25-2006, 08:25 AM
For a lot of meat items "broiled" is an option. That's probably the closest to grilled.

JustLost
06-25-2006, 08:30 AM
Actually, I'm having a tough time with the fitday as well. Instead of asking first I searched the forum.

When I eat like 2 eggs, Do I HAVE to use cups as a measurement? If so would that be 1/4 of a cup? Also i chose the job where I'm up on my feet all day. So when I am doing my activities on the website. Do I skip all that?(will it be already calculated in)

Also, in the food tab it lists me as needing about 5,600 cal a day to maintain, and I my days so far that i've posted have been in the 3,000 range. Does that mean im going to drop huge weight?

Sorry I'm in a hurry, hopefully my questions make sense, thanks for your help.

Go to the "Serving Size" column, click on where it says "cup" and change it to "jumbo", "large", or whatever size eggs you've got.

I think Fitday's numbers on calorie requirements are based on a combination random numbers and hallucinations. ;) Best thing is to find your maintenance by trial and error, imo.

KingWilder
06-25-2006, 10:08 AM

Definitely DO NOT follow what Fitday tells you that you need. You need to track your calories and weight for a week to see what your body does and then adjust from there.