PDA

View Full Version : Need diet help

Fitzg
06-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Although I'm a powerlifter, I think I'm getting too big, and want to find a happy medium between being strong and looking good. Currently I am 5'10" and about 242-245lbs. At 236lbs I had a body comp. done(calipers) and came in @ 19% bodyfat. I want to drop some weight drastically quick, but good weight. I know there is no easy way, and I'm prepared to bust my ass. I have a food scale, and am prepared to try the PSMF?, but I would like some more info on it. Is there anyone here in a situation like mine that has some results they can share? Also, my BMR was calculated at about 2600cal. So what should I go for in terms of a caloric goal, and with what kind of ratios of fat, carbs, and Proteins, also should the carbs be low GI or does it not matter, and can I subtract the fiber from the carb total? And how much and how often should I be carb loading in this phase. I'd like to try this method to get down to about 210lbs, then I'll do something like 2600-3000cals at about 20%fat 30%carb 50%protein. I know I'm going to lose strength on this diet, but energy permitting can I still work out like a powerlifter? or should I switch to BB style? Right Now I run 1-3mi 3-4 times a week, at a moderate pace, and work out with heavy weights 5 days a week. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
--Stay Strong, Peace

Sose
06-10-2006, 04:36 AM
I've heard several people over on Lyle's board say PSMF stands for Protein Strictly Mother ****er. Although bullyish :( its true. PSMF is essentially controlled starvation. You give nothing to your body besides the protein it needs to maintain your LBM and 6 fish oil capsules a day. (carbs come from lettuce and other leafy green vegetables) and thats all. Dont worry about counting calories so much as making sure you get your protein. You can still workout granted you'll feel like crap and want to die. You'll drop weight quick with this though. The general rule for refeeds I've always heard is when your weight loss begins to diminish. Also its time for a refeed when you'd rather eat than **** a swimsuit edition model :) I'm sure someone on here will have exact numbers and all that jazz but as long as your getting 1g/lbm protein and the 6 fish oils, the rest you can work on during the diet.