PDA

View Full Version : UT Explosive Power and Speed Camp

Jinkies
06-10-2006, 12:41 PM
I just got home from completing the camp and my opinions of it are too graphic to post but I will sum it up in one word, cake. The camp was cake nothing difficult and a waste of $370; just posting this incase some other fellow athletes concidered trying it out.

Maki Riddington
06-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Can you explain in a bit more detail what you did and why it didn't challenge you?

Thanks.

LC
06-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Which UT is this? Texas or Tennessee?

Jinkies
06-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Alright figured id give some detail to why I disliked the program

The food was horrible, we ate 3x a day and dinner was at 5 followed by a 4 hour workout; we got home at 11 and i could get nothing to eat. Pretty much the camp was an informative camp where they teach you how to workout; you dont actually touch the weights until the last day you get 30 minutes of free time where you can lift the exercises they taught you ( we had a lecture over all the main lifts, insulting concidering i have been preforming those exercises for years and had to listen to how its done for a 3 hours.

Majority of the stuff they were talking and teaching instead of actually exercising, years back it was known as the hardest camp but it just didnt stand up to what I had in mind. The camp was also 12-18 so i guess its understandable why they couldnt kill us it was just dissapointing and i think that it was a loss of 4 possible workout days.

If you dont know anything about lifting or running go ahead and attend but if your expecting hardass national championship type training your going to be let down

ddegroff
06-10-2006, 05:47 PM
That sucks, now I know why you didn't like it.

Us WBB members could put on a better camp than that!!

CrazyK
06-10-2006, 05:50 PM
It sounds like it was meant to be an informative camp, teaching teenagers the right way to begin weight training, from proper form, to periodization programs. I think that is a lot better than to just tear down kids to nothing for a week and teach them nothing but "that was hard".

Jinkies
06-10-2006, 05:56 PM
It seemed like it was a camp to train people already informed in weightlifting and the proper form which is why im disapointed