PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Vitamin Shop...

The Ocho
06-10-2006, 03:17 PM
So I went to the Vitamin Shop close to my house the other day to pick up Nitreon/Creatine Monohydrate so that I could finally add the proper supplements to my diet and workout. I asked the guy for those two things and said he didnt have Nitreon but showed me Creatine Monohydrate (it was the real basic brand $20 for 160 servings). He asked what I planned on doing this summer, and I said I wanted to gain weight with most of it being muscle. He said that essentially all whey proteins are the same, and if I was looking to gain weight, to buy a weightgainer instead since it will have the proteins I need and the carbs that a whey protein won't have. I told him I already had purchased a Weightgainer from GNC (Weightgainer 1850), and he told me he wouldn't bother buying any whey and to just take that instead.

When I asked about my diet, he said to eat 6 meals a day. I told him that I am eating 3 pretty big meals as opposed to 6 smalls meal, to which he suggested to eat 6 BIG meals a day. I was pretty blown away, but he said it's not too hard, that even eating a high protein bar could count as a meal, having one of these shakes count etc...

So now my questions are, how does all sound? The Weightgainer 1850 + Creatine make sense? It seemed to make sense to me the way he explained it.

As far as the actual consumption of the creatine and weightgainer, I'm a little unclear on when/how to take them. Should I take the weightgainer once a day and the creatine only on workout days? On workout days when should I actually take these two, before/after/both? Also I don't think I will be able to mix both at the same time since the weightgainer calls for mixing with milk if I recall, and the guy told me creatine is good to mix with orange juice, so I would have to take these two separatly, again how and when? Also he said to mix creatine with something sweet, but on the label it says to mix with NONacidic things such as apple juice, would I not be able to mix it with orange juice then?

Thanks. :bow:

leveque
06-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Good idea shopping at the Vitamin Shoppe. They're definitely cheaper than GNC.

I've never taken a weightgainer, but I imagine that they have a decent amount of protein in them, so you woudn't need both a weightgainer & whey protein.

As for creatine, I've heard that it's OK to take it with anything.

offhegoes03
06-11-2006, 07:58 PM
he was right about the 6 meals a day. It's better to spread the calories out over the course of the day. If you already have weightgainer, use it up and then just buy whey and make your own weight gainer. It's really simple and much cheaper in the end. I think there are several threads about making your own high calorie custom shakes. Take creatine every day even on days you do not workout. 5 grams mixed with 20 g's of dextrose (can find it online for 2 bucks for 2 lbs). I take mine right after my workout. On day's I don't workout, I've heard it's good to take it in the morning, but I just end up taking it whenever I get the chance.

Natetaco
06-11-2006, 09:08 PM
all the vitamin shoppe people I have talked to know there stuff.