PDA

View Full Version : damnit

cameronp81
06-10-2006, 04:49 PM
I have been lifting since I was in the eighth grade so a little over 6 years now and I have trouble hitting plateaus on bench and clean when i hit them i'm stuck for about 2 months. Does anybody have any good bench or clean workouts to get me over the hump? Or any good supplements? I tried Gakic for a month and i actually went down!

Patz
06-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Eat more.

After 6 years of lifting, if you knew your stuff (no offense) and were eating like a king, you wouldn't have to ask this question.

cameronp81
06-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Ok dude I eat great and I'm always energized but I dont wanna pack on pounds so I dont eat junk food. I wanna stay lean and keep getting stronger so unless you have advice dont post because that commont was a waste of my time. And another thing, you're one to criticize people when you weight 60 lbs more than me and I bench more than you!!!

drew
06-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Gakic is garbage.

You've been stuck for 2 months? That's nothing. Just keep pounding away. What is your routine like right now? My squat was stuck for 6 months (which is also not very long) before I made a 20lb PR.

And seriously, if you're going to post in the powerlifting forum and not expect "eat more" as an immediate response, then you're posting in the wrong forum. It's also not a great idea to insult a mod who posted a helpful, critical comment. If you can't accept a little criticism, maybe powerlifting isn't for you.

cameronp81
06-15-2006, 03:58 PM
well thanks for the first part of your post at least but no thanks for telling me weightlifting is not my thing.

Skinny Fat
06-15-2006, 04:18 PM
How to Make Friends and Influence People, by cameronp81
foreword by Ted Kaczynski

Seriously, 'I eat great' isn't going to convince anybody on these forums. And I really couldn't care less if you benched triple what I bench; that doesn't convince me that you know what you're doing at all.

Gain 10 lbs. See if you can lift more when you're done.

Clifford Gillmore
06-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Eat skinny. No squat and deadlift max in your stats, what are they? Train everything to over come a plataue skinny.

khari
06-15-2006, 04:24 PM
For the clean and jerk, technique is the key. Focus on improving that. If you don't have coaching (and you probably should have mentioned it if you do), your form is probably in need of serious work.

Which lift do you usually miss, the clean or the jerk?

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
06-16-2006, 05:56 AM
How about posting your last 2-3 bp workouts?

Also, good supplements: http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=9

J.T. HALL

WillKuenzel
06-16-2006, 06:05 AM
Ok dude I eat great and I'm always energized but I dont wanna pack on pounds so I dont eat junk food. I wanna stay lean and keep getting stronger so unless you have advice dont post because that commont was a waste of my time. And another thing, you're one to criticize people when you weight 60 lbs more than me and I bench more than you!!!
I tell you what, you want advice and people give it. You don't like what they say, you ignore it but its the truth. 2 people have already given you the best advice you're going to get and you've ignored it. You want help, people are helping but you're being ignorant and not listening.

You say you eat great, bull****, prove it. Tell us what you eat. You weigh a whole whopping nothing and bench a little over nothing and want advice on how to get stronger. Supplements aren't the answer, food is the answer. 6 years of lifting means nothing if you haven't learned anything.

What is your overall routine look like? Don't say its great, because I can bet its not.

Act like a prick, you'll get prick answers. Be a little more reasonable and so will we. We like to help people who'll listen, not those that ask for advice but think they know everything.

bics56
06-16-2006, 06:56 AM
Hey I thought the first reply was a little out of line. There are a ton of people on here who know what they are doing that ask the same question. ...back on-topic...

My advice if if you are not squatting then start...if you are then here are a few other things I do. First thing I try is switching up my routine either starting with inclines, switching to DB's for 3 weeks, changing rep ranges. What I found to help a lot is to do high intensity w/o's for about 2-3 weeks. Try strips...load up the bar with a ton of smaller weights until it is up to something you can rep 6 times, then w/o any rest (2-3 seconds at the most. have your spotter strip off some weight when you rack it...do this untill your strip the weight off to something very light for you.

If I am doing DB's I do drop sets too. Same concept. Start with a weight that is somewhat heavy and have a lighter weight close by. rep the heavy weight and w/o any rest switch to the lighter weight.

These all helped me so if you try them good luck man.

biggimp
06-16-2006, 01:44 PM
my guess is you probably max out every time you lift. that wont do anything but make you weaker.

bics56
06-16-2006, 02:06 PM
my guess is you probably max out every time you lift. that wont do anything but make you weaker.

Me?? I havent maxed out in quite sometime. The methods I posted are awsome for blasting through a plateau or getting a good spark for some size. They are good to work in every 2 months or so...and have always yielded awsome results for me at least

cameronp81
06-16-2006, 02:07 PM
ok everyone that keeps saying "eat stupid" here's the whole point of my post i'm an olympic style lifter i dont want to get big. and i can't gain much weight because i need to stay in my weight class. i'm sorry if i offended anyone before but so far i have only gotten a couple of posts that had actual advice except meathead stuff like EAT. Thanks especially to bics56 i think i will start inclining now. I forget who asked but my clean technique is very good its the jerk where i struggle because of my weak shoulders but the inclines should help. thank you.

RedSpikeyThing
06-16-2006, 02:29 PM
ok everyone that keeps saying "eat stupid" here's the whole point of my post i'm an olympic style lifter i dont want to get big. and i can't gain much weight because i need to stay in my weight class. i'm sorry if i offended anyone before but so far i have only gotten a couple of posts that had actual advice except meathead stuff like EAT. Thanks especially to bics56 i think i will start inclining now. I forget who asked but my clean technique is very good its the jerk where i struggle because of my weak shoulders but the inclines should help. thank you.

You weigh 74.1 kg. You can gain 2.9 kg (6.4 lbs) and stay in the same weight class. That means you can gain 10 lbs and the strength that goes with it, then lose 4-5 lbs and be in the same class. Why not eat more? It's a pretty easy solution to overcoming a plateau.

Inclines, declines, shoulder work, lat work and tricep work will all help your bench. Also try working on your form/technique. I don't care how good your form is, everyone's form can improve.

Here is some advice on how not to come off as an *******: Instead of flaming people for giving you "bad" advice, ignore them. And thank those who do help you.

On that note, I bet I don't get a reply ;)

biggimp
06-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Me?? I havent maxed out in quite sometime. The methods I posted are awsome for blasting through a plateau or getting a good spark for some size. They are good to work in every 2 months or so...and have always yielded awsome results for me at least

i was referring to the OP

DNL
06-16-2006, 06:06 PM

It's funny how you are dissing his bench. you've been training for 6 years as you have said and your bench number is 235. As i recall he only been training for like 2 years. Also, do you squat and deadlift more than him?

all good advice have been given: eat and eat. switch your routine, do 5x5, do dumbbell, do 10-8-6 or 10-6-3. do incline, do decline, work on your lats, do squat, do deadlift, plenty options. pick one.

cameronp81
06-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Since everyone wants me to eat so bad give me some advice on good things to eat.

RedSpikeyThing
06-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Since everyone wants me to eat so bad give me some advice on good things to eat.

In six years of "training" you don't know what to eat? Read the stickies in the diet/nutrition forum. It's called "what bodybuilders eat". In a nutshell: lots protein, good fats and complex carbs.

Sensei
06-17-2006, 04:40 PM
My favorite article of all-time by JM Blakely: http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78823