PDA

View Full Version : PIcs after working out on my Total Gym

bigassd
06-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Well I just got done with a workout and thought I'd post a few pics. Its been years since I worked out seriously. Hell, its been years since I posted any pics on here. I work out maybe twice a week for about 30-45 minutes if that long.

I've really just work out to maintain what little I have. The diet is hit and miss. I take protein shakes every once in a while and try not to eat to much junk food.

What do you think?

Progress
06-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Does the Total Gym incorporate your lower body?

bigassd
06-11-2006, 02:34 PM
not for me it doesn't. I have a very physical job and up and down steps all night doesn't allow me to squat. My legs are muscular just not very big. I am fine with that. Always had good calves and a decent shape to my quads.

I work out at the gym every once in a while. I do personal training so sometimes when someone doesn't show up I work out there.

I have the Total Gym where you can add weights and it makes it MUCH more effective. I also used to be in really good shape so I'm sure that doesn't hurt.

Here are the spindly legs.

Tofer
06-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Your shoulders appear to be dwarfed by your chest/biceps.

bigassd
06-11-2006, 03:28 PM
you are probably right. I don't really work out shoulders at all. When I took those pics though I had just done chest and bi's so they were pumped a bit.

I'll start hitting the shoulders, thanks for the advice.

method115
06-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Your shoulders appear to be dwarfed by your chest/biceps.

Yea I didn't even notice till I read tofers post you need to hit shoulders.

bigassd
06-11-2006, 03:51 PM
my front delts are pretty big which makes the medial look really small......always had that problem.

Any pressing movements at all and my front delts grow like mad.

FighterInSnatch
06-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Great looking upper body! Your chest has very nice shape. Also, your legs are pretty decent.

Fighter.

bigassd
06-11-2006, 04:13 PM
thanks man. I am kind of ashamed of myself. I hardly workout at all. I know I have decent potential to look really good but I just don't have the energy right now.

I work 3rd shift plus do personal training in the evening. So I hardly have time to workout. Thats why I got the total gym. I can at least do SOMETHING without having to kill 20 min each way just to drive to the gym.

pbfreak9999
06-11-2006, 04:50 PM
very nice build..i would say work on the shoulders, but it could just be the picture

bigassd
06-11-2006, 06:21 PM
ok this one shows off the shoulders a little better. I'll take somemore in a different pose.

OH yeah, please ignore that horrible face i'm making. Plus this house has NO place with good lighting for taking pics. My old house I had all the best places mapped out for showing off cuts. not so here.

OH and this is when I was really working out seriously.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7231&d=1051983041

Ron Burgundy
06-11-2006, 07:43 PM
You look good man, seriously, Legs are awesome, you think we could get a back shot and a relaxed shot?

rhett2go
06-11-2006, 08:29 PM
hmm...a protein shake every once in a while. look on top of the fridge LOL and a bottle of alcohol on the counter......hmmmm...JK bro. you look great for no more than you work out.

diesel_dan
06-11-2006, 08:44 PM
You have good genetics, what does your routine consist of? Curls and bench press? You really need to work everything, you will benefit.

HahnB
06-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Does the Total Gym incorporate your lower body?

Kinda irrelevant considering you can't do rows, deadlifts, chins, dips, military press etc.. on it.

You have a good build for as little as you do. Chest is very strong. First step would be to sell that total gym!

bigassd
06-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Total gym stays. I worked out super hard for 5 years and honestly I got burned out and tired of it.

My current job is the reason I don't hit it hard right now. Example.

I lift thousands of pounds of 50lb bags a night. I move 55 gal drums that weigh as much as 500-600lbs around all night too. Also up and down steps all night in humid muggy conditions. Oh yeah, it is 3rd shift as well. I simply don't have the energy to work out in a gym and do all the stuff I should.

I am a certified personal trainer by the way and still do that on the side. I know I "need" to do all those other types of workouts, but untill I get a less demanding job it won't happen.

So I guess I was just curious to see if I still even look like a guy that works out since I have been doing so little besides work. I just recently started taking supplements again. Just started taking creatine last week.

Thanks for all the complements and suggestions though. This place was always a source of inspiration for me. I was here under a for quite a while years back. I'll have more pics soon.

Beast
06-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Man, it's been a long time you posted, dan.

Looking big... I agree that your anterior delts severly overpower your medial delts, though.

JustinASU
06-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Holy ****...your old name was 'BigAssDan', right? I remember you bro, been quite a while. Looking very lean.

WBBIRL
06-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Lookin lean, but I suppose with all the physical labor youd have to eat 1000's of calories to pack on weight.

Patz
06-12-2006, 03:35 PM
ok this one shows off the shoulders a little better. I'll take somemore in a different pose.

OH yeah, please ignore that horrible face i'm making. Plus this house has NO place with good lighting for taking pics. My old house I had all the best places mapped out for showing off cuts. not so here.

OH and this is when I was really working out seriously.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7231&d=1051983041

I remember the pic in the link. I can't remember the old username, though. It's a post-cycle pic--I do remember that much.

Patz
06-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Holy ****...your old name was 'BigAssDan', right? I remember you bro, been quite a while. Looking very lean.

Ha..I should have read the ret of the thread. that was it.

Beast
06-12-2006, 10:47 PM
lol. I remember his avatar, name, and how much he raved about his 1-Test homebrew. ;)

JustinASU
06-13-2006, 06:15 AM
lol. I remember his avatar, name, and how much he raved about his 1-Test homebrew. ;)

Hell, I used his 1-test homebrew

bigassd
06-15-2006, 06:12 AM
hey you guys remember me!! THats cool. I really enjoyed this forum a lot and missed talking to you guys. This is by far the friendliest forum with the least "attitude" on the net. Daniel, Chris Mason and Maki have done a great job with it.

Yeah you are right about the physical job and the calories. I am not really eating all that clean or doing any cardio but I am losing weight. I am down to around 194 and I am 6'2.

I worked out at the gym yesterday with dumbells and I was suprised at how strong I felt!!

I did the 85's for like 12, 10, and 8 on flat. I havn't pressed anything in at least a month as far as free weights go. I honestly felt like I could have pressed the 100's. I guess the Total Gym is actually letting me maintain strength. I add about 60lbs in addition to my bodyweight when I workout on it.

I'm going to get somemore pics up of my back and bi's and stuff soon.

Bob
06-15-2006, 06:19 AM
Awesome work Dan...
Looking lean and mean...
I have no further advice then what has been given... so..
Welcome back..