PDA

View Full Version : Anyone shop at Sams Club?

FighterInSnatch
06-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Do they have very big tubs of cottage cheese? Also, how do the prices of the food compare vs. buying in regular store? Thanx

Fighter

Beast
06-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Everything is cheaper at Sam's. Not sure about the cottage cheese tubs. If you're not a member, you can go in and tell them you'd like to look around at what they have and they'll let you.

ryan-
06-11-2006, 05:29 PM
I was there yesterday for the first time in a while. Prices are pretty impressive. I got a 24 pack of pre-made hamburger patties (80/20) for $11.00.

I'm pretty sure they have big tubs of cottage cheese. If you're trying to bulk you are buying large amounts of everything. So going to Sam's seems like a good idea.

Slim Schaedle
06-11-2006, 06:12 PM
18$ for 5 lbs of whey there.

I'm not sure that price is beat anywhere.

cts122
06-11-2006, 06:13 PM
you can get member passes from walmart for the day and even though thye tack on liek 10% everything is still a bargain. Without the memebership you can pick up 6.5 pounds of whey for 21 bucks. Its hard to beat their prices, does anyone know how they compare with bjs and costco as far as prices i would assume sams beats out everyone.

method115
06-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I've actually found the prices not to be that big of a diffrence between other places. Most of the times things were cheaper if was by a couple of pennies. They did have a great price on multi vitamins 250 for $12 and whey for $20. As far as the food goes I wasn't really impressed, I was expecting it to be cheaper by a couple of dollars.

Beast
06-11-2006, 08:15 PM

Hey Slim, I bought that, thinking of how good of a deal it was. There's a reason why it's so cheap.... the **** doesn't mix in well at ALL and gave me a lot of gas.

mikey4402
06-11-2006, 08:20 PM
how much isd a memebership to sams club anyways?

Stupendous
06-11-2006, 08:26 PM
I think 20-30 and not sure for how long. It has been a while since 've renewed it.

And yes they have cottage cheese. I get 2 x 48oz containers every Sunday.

FighterInSnatch
06-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Are the tubs of cottage cheese bigger then the ones you find in regular grocery stores? I dont have any cottage cheese in my fridge so I cant check the weight and compare.

I am going to go wednesday and look at what they have. Thanks for the help.

Fighter

offhegoes03
06-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey Slim, I bought that, thinking of how good of a deal it was. There's a reason why it's so cheap.... the **** doesn't mix in well at ALL and gave me a lot of gas.

yeah, the EAS protein that I got from BJ's was horrible at mixing. Big chunks of whey in my shakes is disgusting. I'd rather spend just a little extra for stuff that mixes well.

Slim Schaedle
06-11-2006, 11:02 PM

yeah, the EAS protein that I got from BJ's was horrible at mixing. Big chunks of whey in my shakes is disgusting. I'd rather spend just a little extra for stuff that mixes well.

I never had any problems with it, nor has anyone I know.

How are you mixing it?

And what is BJ's?

I'll keep buying it...it's not hurting my gains.

ReDo
06-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Yea they have 'em

cts122
06-12-2006, 06:00 AM
I never had any problems with it, nor has anyone I know.

How are you mixing it?

And what is BJ's?

I'll keep buying it...it's not hurting my gains.

(btw bjs is a bulk place like sams) I agree with you. I have heard other people complain about the eas whey from sams club or walmart, but i think its pretty good stuff. It tastes good and mixes fine for me, i generally mix in a shaker. Theres also a sport pharma one too that isnt as good but still good for the price.

muscle chic
06-12-2006, 07:17 AM
Membership is around $30.00 and lasts for one year. I think everything is cheaper!! We shop there every week.

drwost
06-12-2006, 09:49 AM
They may not sell Giant tubs, but you can get like a 4-pack of the pints or something like that.

Unreal
06-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Costco has 3lb tubs of CC for cheap. Once they open I'm on the way to get a few tubs, along with egg whites and other stuff that is ALOT cheaper there.

Slim Schaedle
06-12-2006, 11:18 AM
(btw bjs is a bulk place like sams) I agree with you. I have heard other people complain about the eas whey from sams club or walmart, but i think its pretty good stuff. It tastes good and mixes fine for me, i generally mix in a shaker. Theres also a sport pharma one too that isnt as good but still good for the price.
Sportpharma is the one they have here in Cincy.

I don't really understand the mixing problems people may have, because a shaker bottle solves everything.

Inconvenience shouldn't be a factor. Bodybuilding itself is inconvenient. Just my opinion.

bradatlsu
06-12-2006, 11:27 AM

Yep I was gonna post that but I saw you beat me to it. I have that tub, and it's unfortunately not very tasty, but for that price who is complaining!

djreef
06-12-2006, 12:30 PM
buy a hand blender - $12.

DJ

Axatem
06-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Sam's is $35 a year for the basic membership, which really gets me everything I need from them. Honestly, I make back the membership fee in gas over the course of a year. (It's ~10 cents a gallon cheaper for us here.)

They tend to have bigger sizes of things. I think the 3lb tub of CC sounds about right. A huge can of nuts is about $9 here, too.

KingWilder
06-12-2006, 09:28 PM
yeah, I love Sams