PDA

View Full Version : REAL Results with Michael Elias

97muscle
06-12-2006, 07:58 AM
I will be starting my PERSONALIZED 12 week program with Michael Elias soon and I plan to keep a log that will show just how effective a properly planned nutrition and training program can be.

I have been training for about 5 years and have tried nearly every legall supplement on the market only to be frustrated and BROKE. So now I am making a true investment in my future health and well being that will have REAL and LASTING results.

So stay tuned because this is going to be a truly amazing journey.

ddegroff
06-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Very interesting, I'll tag along to watch the amazing results unfold!

97muscle
06-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Very interesting, I'll tag along to watch the amazing results unfold!

Thanks I am sure that you will enjoy the journey

97muscle
06-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Wednesday is the beginning of a long awaited journey to the goals that I have been striving to achieve for so long. With the help of Michael and ALRI I will reach my true potential. So if you are tired of being chemical land fill and want to truly get what you pay for Michael and Kendra Elias are the way to get there. Lets take this journet together and show people the true potential of a Natural physique. Peace out

Don't get left behind

Built
06-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Wednesday is the beginning of a long awaited journey to the goals that I have been striving to achieve for so long. With the help of Michael and ALRI I will reach my true potential. So if you are tired of being chemical land fill and want to truly get what you pay for Michael and Kendra Elias are the way to get there. Lets take this journet together and show people the true potential of a Natural physique. Peace out

Don't get left behind

This reads like advertising copy.

97muscle
06-12-2006, 02:44 PM
This reads like advertising copy.

Not advertising, I have just seen great results with there programs and since we are all about results I thought I would share.

Built
06-12-2006, 02:48 PM
I see you had to delete the links from your sig.

Hmmm... I'll be interested to see how you do.

97muscle
06-12-2006, 02:50 PM
I see you had to delete the links from your sig.

Hmmm... I'll be interested to see how you do.

They were actually deleted for me. Ohh well the results wil speak for themselves.

Built
06-12-2006, 02:53 PM
What do you expect to accomplish in this 12-week plan, 97?

97muscle
06-12-2006, 02:59 PM
I hope to finally get my diet dialed in which should make for some much needed size and strength gains. And I just want a better understanding off all that goes into a proper diet and training plan. If I can gain some weight and use this as a kick start to building the body that I have wanted for so long that would be wonderful. I have seen Michael transform people in 12 weeks and since I have been training for 5 years and have the dedication to make the most out of it I believe that I will make very noticable improvements.

Built
06-12-2006, 03:09 PM
So a bulk, then.

Can you describe how you've been eating up to this point?

97muscle
06-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Yes I am Bulking. I have been eating alot of tuna, skinless chicken, PB, and protein whey isolate shakes. I eat throughout the day as I have a desk job so it is pretty easy to do so. I just know that there is so much more to a diet than that and I want to learn it. After 5 years of an uphill battle and wasting money on god knows how many supps. I thought it was time to ask for some help.

McIrish
06-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Listen, I hate to be a naysayer, but I'm curious how Michael Elias' magic plan is different than the following - lift lots of heavy iron bars, put them back down, ingest copious amounts of food, lather rinse repeat... I'm not saying that facetiously, either, I'm just leery whenever I hear another person claiming they have some miracle method that other people haven't stumbled upon yet. :scratch:

Built
06-12-2006, 06:10 PM
I'll ask more specific questions - what have been your macros up until this point (total calories, grams of protein, carb and fat), what has your training been like (workout, weights, sets, reps), and have you been gaining weight?

97muscle
06-13-2006, 07:24 AM
I'll ask more specific questions - what have been your macros up until this point (total calories, grams of protein, carb and fat), what has your training been like (workout, weights, sets, reps), and have you been gaining weight?

That is exaclty what I am talking about. I have no idea what my "macros" have been. The whole purpose of starting this program was to get a better understanding of what a proper nutrition and training plan looks like "for me". There is not a Cookie cutter plan that everyone can use to get results and with his program you get a truly personalized plan. I am just tired of hearing Eat more, train heavier and having no results. I haven't gained a single pound to speak of and I am eating everything in site. I would have atleast expected to gain some fat but that has not been the case. I have tried heavy weight, low reps and moderate weight, high reps with virtually zero results. I figure that I have tried long enough on my own and I might as well try something that I have actually seen work.

Built
06-13-2006, 12:36 PM
That is exaclty what I am talking about. I have no idea what my "macros" have been. The whole purpose of starting this program was to get a better understanding of what a proper nutrition and training plan looks like "for me". There is not a Cookie cutter plan that everyone can use to get results and with his program you get a truly personalized plan. I am just tired of hearing Eat more, train heavier and having no results. I haven't gained a single pound to speak of and I am eating everything in site. I would have atleast expected to gain some fat but that has not been the case. I have tried heavy weight, low reps and moderate weight, high reps with virtually zero results. I figure that I have tried long enough on my own and I might as well try something that I have actually seen work.

Well, here you go, for free:

Track your food on www.fitday.com for a week. Take your average calories. This is YOUR maintenance.

Increase total calories from maintenance by about 20%.

Move your macros around so you get at least a gram of protein and at least a half a gram of fat per pound LBM.

The rest can come from whatever combination of protein, carb and fat you like. But you HAVE to get in this level of calories. Plan to gain around 5 lbs a month. If you don't gain at this rate, increase your calories from what you're carefully tracking and proceed from there.

Pay careful attention to your pre, during, and post workout nutrition. About an hour to an hour and a half before you train, consume a mixed meal of complex carbs, protein, and a little fat if desired.

DURING your workout, sip a dilute whey and dextrose shake (20g protein, 50g dex in a liter of water). Your creatine can go into this shake if you like.

POST workout, knock back malto and dex with whey in the following ratio: (0.8g/kg carbs:0.4g/kg protein) of carbs to protein. Purchase maltodextrin and dextrose, mix 'em together 50-50 and use this for your carbohydrate source for workout shakes. The reason has to do with osmolality (google it, or just trust me). If you can't get your hands on malto, just use dex - no biggie.

(reference article for post and during workout shake was written by Erik Ledin when he worked for these guys) (http://www.muscletech.com/NUTRITION/HIGH_PERFORMANCE_NUTRITION/ISSUE_2/index.shtml)

For your training, use a balanced, undulating push-pull program that takes advantage of sarcomere and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy ranges. Baby Got Back (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=255) for example. The split is all worked out for you at the end of the article and everything. :)

If you need to bring up a lagging part, toss in a 6-8 week specialization (drop me a PM when you get to this stage), then return to Baby Got Back.

If you're feeling generous, mail me a cheque for the spectacular results you'll achieve following this paradigm.

:D

Eszekial
06-13-2006, 01:47 PM
I find it kind of odd that you talk about buying supplements and that being a waste of time, and in turn you decide to pay some (what sounds like) high priced CFT's to teach you some basics....

My head hurts.

Listen to built, she knows her stuff.

97muscle
06-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Well I really appreciate the info Built and I know that you obviously know what you are talking about. But do you not agree that there are different things that work for different people?

And as far as paying a HIGH priced trainer, it is only $300 PER YEAR. So I would say that it is worth a shot. I spend any where from $30-$90 per supp. and if you don't have your diet dialed in then the supps. are going to show minimal to zero results.

I am going to follow through with my decision so I hope you guys can follow my progress and give your feedback. Thanks so much for your opinions thus far.

Anthony
06-14-2006, 07:34 AM
You're tired of people telling you to eat more because you don't listen. If you don't gain weight, guess what? You're not eating enough. I don't care if you eat two entire cows a day, if you don't gain weight, you aren't eating enough. Let me say it one more time, if you don't gain weight, you need to eat more food.

There.

Having said that, you should really take advantage of the FREE information on this site. Your goals are not really specific enough to warrant a personal coach at this point. It sounds like you've been spinning your wheels for 5 years because you don't really know the basics. So instead of spending a little bit of time to poke around and learn the basics, you're going to pay a coach $300 to teach you how to measure and balance your protein/fat/carbs?

I'm not knocking your decision to hire him, but you should have prepared yourself to maximize his time.

97muscle
06-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Well Anthony, I will have to say that I do appreciate all of the info and help that this site offers, however I don't have the time to POKE around at this website or any other site for that matter. It doesn't really make sense that if a person were to eat "2 cows" that would still not gain weight. I think that it is relative to the types of food eaten as much as quantity eaten. I am not learning BASICS from this trainer, he has trained several competitors as well as his now IFBB PRO wife Kendra. SO I would have to say that his program has merit. I am not going to continue to defend myself as to why I have chosen to take this route. There are people on here that have definitely taken more foolish steps than this.

Anthony
06-14-2006, 08:31 AM
No. If you eat more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. It's scientifically impossible to deny this. If you are NOT gaining weight, then you are simply not eating more calories than you burn. Your appetite is NOT how you determine if you eat a lot! The cow example was an exaggeration. I know guys who tell me they eat ALL THE TIME without gaining weight and then when they add up their calories it is laughable.

You don't have time to poke around the site, that's fine. Built gave you every piece of info you need right in this thread. Apply it and you will gain weight! There's no secret to how this works!

I never said his routine was garbage. I said that if you don't know how to structure a basic diet, you are not maximizing your time with him. He's not going to discuss advanced topics if you don't even know why fat is important or how much of it you should eat. Instead he is going to teach you the basics, which you could learn very quickly (and for free!) on this site. Know what I'm saying?

97muscle
06-14-2006, 08:35 AM
I would have to have to say that I doubt any of you all would be ranting about this if I were giving you the props for training results. I was expecting support for making the decision, not to ridiculed by you all. So once again thanks for all of your help in the past but different things work for different people.

And as far as not outlining my goals for this program: I tend to have unrealistic goals for myself so I am waiting to hear what his program says should be expected. This is an ever learning experience so I am willing to pay a little money to get real results.

97muscle
06-14-2006, 08:41 AM
No. If you eat more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. It's scientifically impossible to deny this. If you are NOT gaining weight, then you are simply not eating more calories than you burn. Your appetite is NOT how you determine if you eat a lot! The cow example was an exaggeration. I know guys who tell me they eat ALL THE TIME without gaining weight and then when they add up their calories it is laughable.

You don't have time to poke around the site, that's fine. Built gave you every piece of info you need right in this thread. Apply it and you will gain weight! There's no secret to how this works!

I never said his routine was garbage. I said that if you don't know how to structure a basic diet, you are not maximizing your time with him. He's not going to discuss advanced topics if you don't even know why fat is important or how much of it you should eat. Instead he is going to teach you the basics, which you could learn very quickly (and for free!) on this site. Know what I'm saying?

I agree that you must eat to grow and I have not disputed that. And I have saved all the info that Built sent to me and plan to use it. I just feel that at this point I need some accountability for my training and diet and yes this site offers alot of info but there is nothing that motivates me to sit and try to find the info. But if I have someone who will hold me accountable and be there along the way I feel that I can make this a true lifestyle and stop "spinning my wheels".

Anthony
06-14-2006, 08:45 AM
No one is ranting or making fun of you. We are trying to help you maximize your time with him. If you don't care about having a base of knowledge before you meet with him, then so be it. But don't take our advice as an insult. We are honestly trying to help.

As for goals, well, if you don't tell him your goals then how is he going to design a routine for you? Being a bodybuilder, powerlifter, olympic lifter, football player, fighter, swimmer, runner are all very different things. There's a lot of overlap between the training, but obviously specific sports call for specific training. If he has no idea what you want to do, then I don't see how he can "personalize" a routine for you.

97muscle
06-14-2006, 08:50 AM
No one is ranting or making fun of you. We are trying to help you maximize your time with him. If you don't care about having a base of knowledge before you meet with him, then so be it. But don't take our advice as an insult. We are honestly trying to help.

As for goals, well, if you don't tell him your goals then how is he going to design a routine for you? Being a bodybuilder, powerlifter, olympic lifter, football player, fighter, swimmer, runner are all very different things. There's a lot of overlap between the training, but obviously specific sports call for specific training. If he has no idea what you want to do, then I don't see how he can "personalize" a routine for you.

I have talked with him extensively about what I want out of the program and he had a list of questions pertaining to my current diet and training. I just meant to say that my expectations for this may be a little too unrealistic.

Thank you for your help and I will recieve as such from now on.

Anthony
06-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Good to hear. Again, don't take any of this as an insult. We want to see you do well. Keep us posted on how the training goes!

97muscle
06-14-2006, 09:03 AM
Good to hear. Again, don't take any of this as an insult. We want to see you do well. Keep us posted on how the training goes!

Will do, thanks alot guys/gals. I will definitely keep you posted.

97muscle
06-15-2006, 07:12 AM
Ok this is the first day of my transformation.

Here are my current stats:

height: 6'0"
weight: 178lbs
bf%: 13

I have started my diet plan today and I plan to start the workout routine Monday due to the specified routine and the fact that I have already worked out this week. I will be going to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients specified in the Nutritional outline as well as a scale to keep an accurate log of my weight. I will have to say that the plan that Michael has written out for me is much more than I expected. It is very detailed and specific to my body type and the goals that I hope to achieve. Thanks to Michael and everyone at Team ALRI.

I hope that you all enjoy and are inspired by this log.

Anthony
06-15-2006, 07:14 AM
Are you going to share the routine with us?

97muscle
06-15-2006, 07:22 AM
Yes I will be posting the foods and workouts on a daily basis (as possible) with a weekly review.

97muscle
06-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Yesterday was my first day on the new diet plan and it was alot easier than I thought it would be to get my calories in. The schedule that he has put me on is perfect, it seems that I start getting hungry just about the time I am suppose to be eating. I felt like I hard more energy throughout the day and definitely felt better during workout.

PM Bodyweight: 178
6-16-06 AM: 172.4

Diet Breakdown:
Total Cals: 3549
Cals from Fat: 693 = .20
Cals from Carbs: 1552 = .44
Cals from Protein: 1304 = .37

Workout: I combined Back/Arms because I had not worked them this week and I need to take Friday off. Monday will start the training program as laid out by EME. The weight may seem low but I just wanted to get a feel for the rep-set combo and be able to gauge the weight I will be using next week.

Straight Bar Curls SS w/ Preacher:
70 x 6(3) / 65 x 6(3)

Conc. Curls:
30 x 6(3)

CG Bench:
135x6, 145x6(2)

Skullies:
70 x 6(3) need more weight

Kickbacks:
25x6(3)

Crunches:
20x3

WG Pullups:
5 sets of 6

Seated Row:
35x6, 50x6, 60x6 (60 will be the weight)

BO DB Row:
30x6, 50x6(2) (50 will be the weight)

NG Pulldown;
50x6, 70x6(2)

97muscle
06-19-2006, 07:48 AM
Ok well this weekend sucked as far as any progress goes. I woke up Saturday and stepped on the scale only to realize that I had somehow lost 6 POUNDS overnight. I was a whopping 169 lbs and I wanted to jump from a tall object (my dresser).

I spent the day with my Dad and we were outside most of the day so I wasn't able to stock up on the food as I should have (slaps own wrist), but I ate a good dinner and right before I went to bed I had some cottage cheese. I went to bed weighing 173lbs.

Sunday morning I woke to 170lbs which is still a 5 lbs deficit from when I started but at least I weight more than my little sister now. I was able to eat a great breakfast of eggs, milk, protein shake then it was off to church. We had Supreme pizza for lunch, which isn't on the plan but I figured that since I am bulking and i don't seem to be at a high risk for being a fatty, I went ahead and indulged in the pizza. I went to bed at 173 lbs.

Today's agenda.

I woke to 172.5 lbs. WOOOOW I did not want to see that 169 again. I ate a great breakfast and am only an hour and a half away from my next meal, if i don't eat something before then.

Today is chest, shoulders, and abs

PM Bodyweight: 173
6-16-06 AM: 172.5

Diet Breakdown:
Total Cals: 3549
Cals from Fat: 693 = .20
Cals from Carbs: 1552 = .44
Cals from Protein: 1304 = .37

Oh and I needed to clarify that the only supps. that are currently in my plan are:

XTEND
Whey Protein
Flax Oil

(Previous to plan)
Anavol (Creatine)
Vitamin C
Arginine
Zinc
Multi vitamin

I promise that pics are coming!!!

HILL
06-19-2006, 07:54 AM
isnt it a waste paying money for this workout and extra help if your not guna do it properly for the first weekend?? surely you would want to have a good solid month first off. As far as being out all day get some protein shakers/protein powder and olive oil and your good to go you only need to buy a bottle of water or milk while your out.

also dont worry about weight fluctuation my weight does the same anywere between 4-7 pound over night lol

97muscle
06-19-2006, 08:01 AM
isnt it a waste paying money for this workout and extra help if your not guna do it properly for the first weekend?? surely you would want to have a good solid month first off. As far as being out all day get some protein shakers/protein powder and olive oil and your good to go you only need to buy a bottle of water or milk while your out.

also dont worry about weight fluctuation my weight does the same anywere between 4-7 pound over night lol

I used this weekend to stock up on all of the food that I need to do it right so this weekend wouldn't be a gauge to how things will be going from now on.

This is the first scale that I have had at home so it was wierd to see that much weight difference.

HILL
06-19-2006, 08:04 AM
yeh i bought some digital ones and my weight fluctuates loads. i think its to do with the amount of water we drink during the day plus the small meals etc etc because everybodys round here seems to do it

97muscle
06-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Mine is digital as well. Now that I know that it happens to other people it won't freak me out so bad.

97muscle
06-19-2006, 08:42 AM
All exercises are 3 sets in the 6-10 rep range.

Flat Bench Press:
Incline Bench Press:
Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
Barbell Shrugs:
Seated Dumbbell Press:
Dumbbell Side Laterals:
Hanging Leg Raises: 3 15-20

Built
06-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Okay, diet looks minimally sufficient in fat and protein.

I have a couple questions:

Was this the workout plan they sent you?

Are they recommending flax oil? How much, and why?

MixmasterNash
06-19-2006, 01:00 PM
All exercises are 3 sets in the 6-10 rep range.
Flat Bench Press:
Incline Bench Press:
Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
Barbell Shrugs:
Seated Dumbbell Press:
Dumbbell Side Laterals:
Hanging Leg Raises: 3 15-20
You can bench 315 at 6' 180 but you paid for this plan? Pardon the skepticism, but unless you're getting some sort of magical periodization program that the world has never seen before, this seems like every other simple bodybuilding program in the world.

Bob
06-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Good luck 97... although, if I read your sig correctly, you have made some great progress over the last 4 yrs.

Have you kept any of your diet stats from b4 this plan? to compare to the 3549 cals they are recommending? If you don't gain weight "soon" are you going to up your cals? 3500 is not a lot.. especially for bulking...

PS.. Like MMN said, nothing revolutionary about their lifting program... haven't you ever been on something similiar b4? You have a BB look..

Focused70
06-19-2006, 01:47 PM
I agree that you must eat to grow and I have not disputed that. And I have saved all the info that Built sent to me and plan to use it. I just feel that at this point I need some accountability for my training and diet and yes this site offers alot of info but there is nothing that motivates me to sit and try to find the info. But if I have someone who will hold me accountable and be there along the way I feel that I can make this a true lifestyle and stop "spinning my wheels".

You should find motivation within yourself, not worry about someone else who will hold you accountable.

And you're doing way too much arm work...not to mention the movements are far from optimal.

Built
06-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Stash, with all due respect, I'll beg to differ here - if you simply can NOT find the motivation within yourself and NEED someone to hold you accountable, well, it's better than not doing it at all.

Soooo... 97 - send ME the money. I'll keep track and whip your ass and call you maggot and make you do pushups in the mud until you get results, dammit! :whip:

;)

97muscle
06-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Okay, diet looks minimally sufficient in fat and protein.

I have a couple questions:

Was this the workout plan they sent you?

Are they recommending flax oil? How much, and why?

Each day the diet is different so as to keep my metabolism active. He said that this plan will achieve my goals with the minimal amount of fat gain.

Yes this is a portion of the workout plan. He is planning to change things up periodically depending on my progress.

Flax Oil = 1 Tbsp per day

97muscle
06-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Soooo... 97 - send ME the money. I'll keep track and whip your ass and call you maggot and make you do pushups in the mud until you get results, dammit! :whip:

;)

MMMMMM.. That would be HOT!!

HAHA

97muscle
06-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Good luck 97... although, if I read your sig correctly, you have made some great progress over the last 4 yrs.

Have you kept any of your diet stats from b4 this plan? to compare to the 3549 cals they are recommending? If you don't gain weight "soon" are you going to up your cals? 3500 is not a lot.. especially for bulking...

PS.. Like MMN said, nothing revolutionary about their lifting program... haven't you ever been on something similiar b4? You have a BB look..

Yes I have made great progress over the last 4-5 years, however for the last year or so I have not really seen much improvement in the way of my physique. I will definitely be adding cals if I do not start gaining weight.

I do not have any diet stats prior to this program but I felt like I had been eating alot of food. I WAS WRONG. Now I know what Eat More Means.

97muscle
06-19-2006, 03:22 PM
You can bench 315 at 6' 180 but you paid for this plan? Pardon the skepticism, but unless you're getting some sort of magical periodization program that the world has never seen before, this seems like every other simple bodybuilding program in the world.

What's up Mix? It has been a while.

I can actually bench 330 now and yes because I needed someone to help me with my Not Eating Enough Problem I hired him. It's not like I have broken the bank by hiring him anyways and in just the last 3-4 days I have realized that I was eating like a little school girl.

97muscle
06-19-2006, 03:55 PM
You should find motivation within yourself, not worry about someone else who will hold you accountable.

And you're doing way too much arm work...not to mention the movements are far from optimal.

Thanks for the input. I have no problem staying motivated to work out. I absolutely love hittin the weight. But diet is where I was failing myself so I decided to get help.

Anthony
06-19-2006, 04:43 PM
in just the last 3-4 days I have realized that I was eating like a little school girl.

Is this the part where we say, "told ya so!" heheheh, just breaking your balls man. I'm glad you are on the right track, hope all goes well for you!

Focused70
06-19-2006, 05:53 PM
It's not like I have broken the bank by hiring him anyways and in just the last 3-4 days I have realized that I was eating like a little school girl.

Well at least you're eminently quotable. ;)

Built
06-19-2006, 07:54 PM
What's the flax oil supposed to do?

97muscle
06-20-2006, 07:23 AM
Is this the part where we say, "told ya so!" heheheh, just breaking your balls man. I'm glad you are on the right track, hope all goes well for you!

Yeah this would be that time. I knew it all along but I guess I just didn't know exactly what EAT A LOT meant. Now I do believe me.

97muscle
06-20-2006, 07:30 AM
What's the flax oil supposed to do?

* Reduced Body fat
* Enhanced Performance
* Shortened recovery time
* Good source of energy
* Reduced muscle soreness
* Increased utilization of oxygen
* Increased utilization of other nutrients
* Overall better health
* And what do all of those lead to? MORE MUSCLE!

Flax seed is one of the best sources for the essential fatty acid alpha linolenic acid. Alpha linolenic acid is so important for bodybuilders because it "enhances insulin sensitivity within muscle cells."

I just thought that it was to keep you from backing up with all the extra protein intake. I guess it has alot of benefits

97muscle
06-20-2006, 08:44 AM
I found some measurements from the past few years. This will show just how little progress I have made in size.

Measurements as of 11-18-03
Chest:42"
Shoulders:48.5"
Bicep:15.5(R), 15(L)
Forearm:13(R), 12.5(L)
Stomach:32.875
Thighs:21.5
Calves:15

Measurements as of 12-25-04
Chest:41"
Shoulders:50"
Bicep:15.875(R), 15.5(L)
Forearm:13(R), 12.5(L)
Stomach:33.875
Thighs:21.5
Calves:15

Measurements: 11-28-05
Bicep: 15 7/8 (R&L)
Forearm: 13 1/4 R, 12 3/8 L
Chest: 41"
Shoulders: 51"
Quads: 21 7/8 R, 22 L
Calves: 15 1/4 (R&L)
Waist: 33 3/8

Measurements:12-24-05
Bicep: 15 7/8 (R&L)
Forearm: 13 1/4 R, 12 3/8 L
Chest: 41"
Shoulders: 51"
Quads: 21 7/8 R, 22 L
Calves: 15 1/4 (R&L)
Waist: 33 3/8

Measurements: 6-20-06
Neck: 15.25
Shoulders: 47
Chest: 41.75
Bicep: L=15 R=15.5 (Down 1.5 inches from last measurment)
Forearm: L=12 R=12.5
Waist: 33.25
Thigh: L=22.5 R=23
Calf: L=15 R=15

97muscle
06-21-2006, 08:34 AM
my shoulders and traps are so sore from Tuesday night. It feels good to actually feel a workout again. Last night was Back/ Abs and I am noticing alot more energy during my workouts and throughout the day, I would attribute that to the added daily intake. Tonight is an OFF night for me so I will be resting up for the rest of the week.

It is getting easier to put down the meals and I am actually getting hungry more often. I have added more Peanut Butter and bananas to the mix and that seems to keep me from feeling hungry before the next meal.

PM weight: 175
AM weight: 173.4

I feel better not seeing the weight drop into the 160's and I hope that it just keeps climbing.

Diet Breakdown:
Total Cals: 2966.5
Cals from Fat: 526.5 = .18
Cals from Carbs: 1272 = .43
Cals from Protein: 1168 = .39

97muscle
06-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Back/Abs
Wide Grip Pulldowns: 140x6(3)
Narrow Grip Pulldowns: 140x6(3)
Bent Over Rows: 135x8(3)
Seated Row: 140x6, 160x6(2)
Decline Crunches: 20x3

I worked out at my father-in-laws house and the weight always feels so much heavier compared to the weight at the gym. I think it has something to do with the pullie system that his machine uses. I felt pretty strong in all of my pulls and I think that the weight will steadily increase.

Built
06-21-2006, 06:15 PM
* Reduced Body fat
* Enhanced Performance
* Shortened recovery time
* Good source of energy
* Reduced muscle soreness
* Increased utilization of oxygen
* Increased utilization of other nutrients
* Overall better health
* And what do all of those lead to? MORE MUSCLE!

This reads like advertising copy again.

Nevertheless, these claims are possible - IF your body is able to convert the ALA from flax into the EPA/DHA required by your body.

This conversion is enzyme-dependent, and may be even worse in men than it is in women, at least in young men - estrogen appears to be involved in this process.

* Flax seed is one of the best sources for the essential fatty acid alpha linolenic acid. Alpha linolenic acid is so important for bodybuilders because it "enhances insulin sensitivity within muscle cells."

ALA does not, that I'm aware of, but EPH/DHA may be, at least in the obese. IF your body is able to convert sufficient quantities of the ALA into the usable form, you might be okay.

If you look up the ALA content in flax oil, it's about 50% ALA. If you look up the conversion process of ALA into EPA/DHA, you'll find figures varying from 0.02% to about 6%, maybe 16% if you look to older research on pubmed.

Considering you'd likely need upward of 3g of combined EPA/DHA per day for the effects you're looking for, you better be prepared to DRINK flax oil. By the CUP.

Omega 3 is good stuff, no doubt about it. But flax oil is hardly what I'd suggest as a viable option. Fish oil is so much better a source of the form already usable by the body, flax oil is a non-player, IMO.

Built
06-21-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm going to suggest you ditch the wide-grip pulldowns. This has been discussed here on the board - wide grip basically takes the emphasis off the lat and places it on the rotator cuff. Exactly what you DON'T want on both fronts.

Contrary to popular myth, wide grip does NOT build width. For that, use narrow or parallel grip chins. And of course, food. :)

ddegroff
06-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Good looking workout!

I do agree with Built, no need for the wide grip.

97muscle
06-22-2006, 07:37 AM
Built:

I did get that info from another site. I ended up buying an Oil Blend called Udo's Choice. Here is the link

http://www.udoerasmus.com/products/oil_blend.htm

It is suppose to be better than the regular Flax Oil.

I will definitely consider changing up the Pulldowns because I don't want to injury the cuffs.

I also picked up some Xtend lastnight so we will see how that goes.

Today is Arm day

Anthony
06-22-2006, 07:40 AM
No chinups? Gaaaaaah...........

97muscle
06-22-2006, 07:48 AM
No chinups? Gaaaaaah...........

Well right now he wants me to stick to his plan so that he can see how and what I respond to. I have a feeling that I will be adding those soon. I wondered why the work outs were so short and didn't include some of the exercises that I had been doing but I will have to say that my back feels thoroughly worked.

Bob
06-22-2006, 07:50 AM
ALA does not, that I'm aware of, but EPH/DHA may be, at least in the obese. IF your body is able to convert sufficient quantities of the ALA into the usable form, you might be okay.

If you look up the ALA content in flax oil, it's about 50% ALA. If you look up the conversion process of ALA into EPA/DHA, you'll find figures varying from 0.02% to about 6%, maybe 16% if you look to older research on pubmed.

Considering you'd likely need upward of 3g of combined EPA/DHA per day for the effects you're looking for, you better be prepared to DRINK flax oil. By the CUP.

Omega 3 is good stuff, no doubt about it. But flax oil is hardly what I'd suggest as a viable option. Fish oil is so much better a source of the form already usable by the body, flax oil is a non-player, IMO.
Awesome info Built.. I gotta give this to my wife.. she just bought a big bottle of flax seed oil... although we take the fish oils.. I told her she didn't need it.. but she was convinced..

97Muscle.. we're still watching.. glad to see you are happy with the progress.. and glad to see you open up to all views. Keep up the hard work... and eating!

97muscle
06-22-2006, 07:58 AM
[QUOTE=97Muscle.. we're still watching.. glad to see you are happy with the progress.. and glad to see you open up to all views. Keep up the hard work... and eating![/QUOTE]

Thanks so much I really appreciate input because it just gives me the opportunity to learn and knowledge is power.

97muscle
06-22-2006, 09:40 AM
Built: This is what Michael had to say:

Originally Posted by EME
I have to disagree with the blanket statement about Flax oil above.

Not that I think Fish Oil is bad, but there is more involved.

The key to proper EFA intake is total dietary intake and ratios of EFA's

Most people take in way too much Omega-6 oil ( from vegetable oil ) and way to little Omega-3 Oil ( From Ocean Fish, Fish Oil, Flax Oil, etc )

The average American Diet is 25-1 Omega-6 to Omega-3.

Depending on who you agree with, the recommended ratio is varies between 3-1 and 10-1 Omega-6 to Omega-3. Either way, it's a much smaller ratio than normally found in the typical diet.

So, if you are taking in large quantities of vegetable oil, then taking Flax oil is not going to help you correct the imbalance as well as Fish Oil will.

However, the diet I have you on is not naturally high in vegetable oil or Omega-6 oil, so you need to supplement with a mixture of both for optimal EFA intake.

Most Flax seed oil contains the following ratios of Omega Fatty Acids per 2g

Omega-3 900-1200 mg (45-60%)*, Omega-6 260-400 mg (13-20%)*, Omega-9 280-400 mg (14-20%)*

When combined with the higher ratio of Omega-6 oils contained in the other foods in your weekly diet you are now getting a healthy ratio of EFA's.

Fish oil is very useful for bringing up the ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 in the diet, but in your case, where your overall fat intake is low, and much of it comes from supplementation, you want to use a fat source rich in both Omega-3 and Omega-6 EFA's. This is why I have included Flax oil in your plan instead of Fish Oil.

- EME

I think that you all would love chatting with each other because you both have alot of knowledge about this kindof thing.

Built
06-22-2006, 04:14 PM
No offense, but suggest to Michael that he reads the research. He's COMPLETELY ignoring the problem of conversion from ALA to EPA/DHA.

Most Flax seed oil contains the following ratios of Omega Fatty Acids per 2g:

Omega-3 900-1200 mg (45-60%)*, Omega-6 260-400 mg (13-20%)*, Omega-9 280-400 mg (14-20%)*

Taking the high end for all levels, we get 60% n-3, 20% n-6 and 20% n-9.

Your consultant has you taking ONE tablespoon of flax oil daily.

In a tablespoon (15g), this is what he's claiming:
9g n-3
3g n-6
3g n-9

The MOST n-3 you're gonna get out of this source is 16% (the highest conversion rate of ALA to EPA/DHA I could find on pubmed, and I don't actually believe it (very old reference) - recent research suggests it's in the range of 0.02% - 3%) of 57% (the proportion of ALA in flax oil) of 15g (the number of grams in a tablespoon).

Doing the math (that degree DO come in handy sometimes … ) means this tablespoon of flax oil will give you, AT MOST, a WHOPPING 1.4g of usable EPA/DHA.

I don't actually believe it will be that high, either. It's probably more like 0.25 g of EPA/DHA at the MOST from this tablespoon of oil.

I get 3g of bioavailable EPA/DHA out of my 10g of fish oil, and I'm smaller than you, and cutting.

Why he has you on SUCH uber-low fats on a bulk is beyond me. But you aren't likely to see much in the way of partitioning benefits from EPA/DHA in such low doses.

And you'll still be getting some fats from the rest of your diet, no? What does he have you taking for saturated fats. You DO know they're necessary for test production, right?

Re Udos - I'm careful to avoid it, because it's a balanced oil. I'd rather just supplement with the stuff that I need, and enjoy the healthy and tasty fats that are already in my diet.

97muscle
06-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Well since my computer just crashed and I lost all that I just typed here we go again!!!

Built: I don't know how to defend the plan that Michael has me on but you are more than welcome to come over to IronMass.com and speak to him yourself. I think that you all may be able to learn from each other and maybe shed some light on these subjects. Thanks so much for the info that you are providing.

Yesterday I had my first serving off Xtend and Flax and I would have to say that Xtend is delicious and the Flax wasn't bad at all. I don't know if this was the Xtend or not but I felt super energized in the gym and my focus was out of this world.

Arms:
SuperSet
Straight Bar Curls: 80x6(3)
Preacher Curls: 90x6(3)

Concentration Curls: 30x6(3)

Close Grip Bench Press: 185x6(3) wrist hurt a bit

Skull Crushers: 100x6(3)

Kickbacks: 25x6(2), 30x6 (this will be my starting weight)

Flat Crunches 3 15-20

PM Weight: 175
Am Weight: 172.5

Cals: 3549
Fat: 693 = .20
Carbs: 1552 = .44
Protein: 1304 = .37

I have noticed some increased pain in my elbows and wrist, which could be attributed to the heavy BB Shrugs. I will just warm up more before hitting the heavy weight. Tonight is Leg Night, I can't wait.

Legs:
Barbell Squats
Stiff Leg Deadlift
Seated Leg Extensions
Seated Leg Curls
Standing Calf Raises
Weighted Decline Crunches

Let the Pain begin

MixmasterNash
06-23-2006, 08:47 AM
The arm and leg routines that you have posted are EXACT copies of old, well know bodybuilder workouts.

I would ask this fellow how he determined these workouts, how they are tailored to your purposes, and why they are so expensive.

97muscle
06-23-2006, 08:53 AM
The arm and leg routines that you have posted are EXACT copies of old, well know bodybuilder workouts.

I would ask this fellow how he determined these workouts, how they are tailored to your purposes, and why they are so expensive.

I didn't hire him because I didn't know how to train. I mainly hired him for the nutritional aspect and the accountability.

MixmasterNash
06-23-2006, 09:14 AM
I didn't hire him because I didn't know how to train. I mainly hired him for the nutritional aspect and the accountability.
I know you know how to train -- you're really freaking strong! Whatever you were doing to get your stats to what they are in your sig, that seems like a good plan!

97muscle
06-23-2006, 09:18 AM
I know you know how to train -- you're really freaking strong! Whatever you were doing to get your stats to what they are in your sig, that seems like a good plan!

Thanks and I have not really changed much as far as training goes except for the quantity. I think that he has shortened my work outs considerably because I was getting really hungry during sessions and I was burning more fat and muscle than I was gaining. Damn metabolism.

97muscle
06-23-2006, 09:20 AM
By the way I just noticed that I hadn't updated my sig in a while. My bench is up to 330 now. Thanks for bringing that to my attention Mix

FitnFirm69
06-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey 97Muscle :)

Good luck with your goals, I know you will meet and or exceed them. With your dedication and the fire inside you are sure to get the gold!!!!!

EME
06-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Hey everyone,

Glad to see I could start so much debate! Discussion is always fun.

I don't claim to have the only way to create results, nor do I claim to have earth shattering new techniques to muscle building or shedding fat.

What I do have is a great deal of experience in helping natural bodybuilders achieve results. Many people know how to train. Far fewer people know how to even begin to create a balanced diet, let alone create one to maximize sports performance or training results.

I realize that I'm new to this board, but many of you probably know me and my wife from the other popular boards.

I have been training for more than twenty years and competed for the first time in 1988. I began training general fitness clients as a job in college more than 16 years ago, and began training competitive bodybuilders shortly afterward. I found I had a talent for natural contest prep and over the past 15 years I have specialized in training natural athletes for every level of competition.

My wife is IFBB Pro Fitness competitor Kendra Elias. Some of you may know who she is. I have done all her diet and training since she picked up her first weight in 2001. She is also a lifetime drug free competitor.
In 2004 she earned her IFBB Pro Card in Fitness walking off the stage at the 2004 NPC Nationals with 1st place votes in both physique rounds from every judge.

I earned my natural pro card in the WNSO in 2005.

I say none of these things to try to be boastful, but instead to show that I am not just another trainer from your local 24 Hour Fitness that is charging to do diets. My training and nutrition methods have been backed up with results on stage, and with hundreds of clients over the past 20 years.

It is very rare that you will ever hear me tell someone else that they are wrong. I have been in the world of bodybuilding long enough to know that what works for one person, doesn't necessarily work for someone else. I have also learned that some very unorthodox ideas can produce excellent results. Even today, much of what is passed around as bodybuilding gospel is just theory, and it can be proven wrong by people in real life all the time.

An experienced trainer or prep specialist knows what questions to ask in the beginning and then develops his or her best possible plan for a client based on his or her personal experience with what works in real life.......not what works according to someone on a message board... or what works according to a book or magazine article.

Then, and this is really the key, an experienced trainer can monitor the actual results of their client and make the small necessary adjustments to fine tune that clients results, and to keep them going.

You may ask.... why does someone even need a trainer? You can learn everything you need to know by reading these forums. That may be true for a lot of people.

But remember, even the top pros, who have done dozens and dozens of competitions, still use prep people. Maybe some of you didn't realize it, but very few top pro bodybuilders train themselves. You would think surely these guys would know how to train. But there is value in the experience of others, and when you really want to be the best you can be, it often helps to get help.

I wish all you the best of luck with your training, and I understand that some of you may have very different ideas about what is the "right" way to do things.

Rather than using 97's log as a place to debate his plan..... sit back and watch the process. Encourage him, as he will hopefully encourage you all in your training.

Great work so far 97, and I for one, look forward to watching and guiding your progress.

- EME

Built
06-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Hey, cool - you're here.

I beg to differ on the purpose of this log - what better place for you to defend your methodology and give yourself visibility on our forum. Surely, with all the experience you have, it's NOT random - there MUST be reasons why you do things the way you do, beyond "well, everybody ELSE does it this way" or "it works". Lots of things work. Some things work optimally.

How do you support the use of flax oil, given the conversion issue? And why so low in the fats on a bulk? It IS a fairly standard BB methodology, you're NOT the only one to use these paradigms. I'm just curious.

EME
06-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Hey Built,

How did I know you would be the first reply. :)

Certainly, my results and methodologies aren't random. They also aren't based on what everyone else does. They are based on my experience over 20 years of doing what I do. While some things may seem pretty standard, some things I do are not so standard. Furthermore, I don't use the same approach with regard to training split or routines, macro % or total caloric intake, etc with everyone. There are a variety of methods I use based on what I feel will work the best for that client.

As far as making the choice to include any food, nutrient, or supplement in my training approach, I make those choices based on research and real world results... the most important of those being real world results - that I have achieved with my clients ( not someone elses reported results ) I have seen many things debated on paper that don't play out as expected in real world practice.

Sorry Built, but unfortunately you aren't going to get me to bite and turn 97's log into a debate on Fish Oil vs. Flax oil. I truly don't feel any need to defend my views. I'd rather demonstrate results than debate.

I guess if you really want to know my views on that, you'll just have to wait until my book comes out. :)

Nice abs, BTW!

- EME

Hey, cool - you're here.

I beg to differ on the purpose of this log - what better place for you to defend your methodology and give yourself visibility on our forum. Surely, with all the experience you have, it's NOT random - there MUST be reasons why you do things the way you do, beyond "well, everybody ELSE does it this way" or "it works". Lots of things work. Some things work optimally.

How do you support the use of flax oil, given the conversion issue? And why so low in the fats on a bulk? It IS a fairly standard BB methodology, you're NOT the only one to use these paradigms. I'm just curious.

97muscle
06-23-2006, 12:10 PM
It is great to see you all here and thanks for clarifying some things for me EME.

I started this thread so that I could share with people the results that can be had by a Natural Bodybuilder not to cause controversy. We all have opinions on the best ways to achieve our goals and my opinion is that I need help and I feel that EME's plan is just what I need. So just sit back and enjoy the ride, it is sure to be worth it.

FitnFirm69
06-23-2006, 12:14 PM
It is great to see you all here and thanks for clarifying some things for me EME.

I started this thread so that I could share with people the results that can be had by a Natural Bodybuilder not to cause controversy. We all have opinions on the best ways to achieve our goals and my opinion is that I need help and I feel that EME's plan is just what I need. So just sit back and enjoy the ride, it is sure to be worth it.

uh oh!!!! I better get my seat belt on for this, Im sure it will be a WILD ride :thumbup:

Have a great day !!!!

97muscle
06-23-2006, 12:17 PM
uh oh!!!! I better get my seat belt on for this, Im sure it will be a WILD ride :thumbup:

Have a great day !!!!

Bucking Bronco Babe!!!:evillaugh

Built
06-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Hey, fair enough - come to my log (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=1408821#post1408821) and hash out flax vs fish. I'd be very interested to hear how, based on available research, you think a tablespoon of flax oil can be of any real partitioning benefits, for one, given the conversion issue, and perhaps of greater importance to men than to women, while the relation of dietary intake of ALA to prostate cancer risk remains unresolved. Here's a reference, (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15051847&query_hl=7&itool=pubmed_docsum), and another reference ... (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15213050&query_hl=11&itool=pubmed_docsum) and finally, playing devil's advocate, this observational study didn't refute the risk, it just failed to support it (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16783606&query_hl=11&itool=pubmed_docsum)

PS Thanks for the props!

FitnFirm69
06-23-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm going to suggest you ditch the wide-grip pulldowns. This has been discussed here on the board - wide grip basically takes the emphasis off the lat and places it on the rotator cuff. Exactly what you DON'T want on both fronts.

Contrary to popular myth, wide grip does NOT build width. For that, use narrow or parallel grip chins. And of course, food. :)

Hmmmmm, Im confused here, Built posted this below:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=1022235&postcount=1

I need to wake up my lats

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, here's the problem:

I can't get my lats to engage properly.

I have a shoulder injury that precludes wide-grip anything (I can go slightly wider than shoulder width, but that's about it) and very strong biceps that want to take over from EVERYTHING I do.

I have good back thickness and strength, but not width, and I REALLY need width.

I'm thinking volume for a bit to get 'em to engage.

Any suggestions?

Built
06-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Read my bulk specialization that Lyle McD helped me with. It worked GREAT! It's in my log, I think at the beginning, just after the pix.

97muscle
06-23-2006, 12:43 PM
OK OK lets not turn this into "Argument Thread 101" HAHA

97muscle
06-26-2006, 07:58 AM
6-23-06 Fridays leg workout was great:

Squat: 225x6,255x5,295x3, 315x1(failed)
SL Deadlift: 135x6(4)
Leg Ext: 115x6, 130x6, 160x6
Leg Curls (Seated): 145x6(3)
Calf Raises(Standing): 225x10, 275x10(3)
Weighted Dec. Crunches: 20x3 +45lbs

My calves are still tight and my thighs are sore, come on Xtend do your magic.

PM: 179lbs (+ 8lbs, 200lbs here I come)
AM: 174.2lbs

Cals: 3549
Fat: 693 = .20
Carbs: 1552 = .44
Protein: 1304 = .37

Michael and Team ALRI have added a few supps. to the program.

ALRI's RegenerationX (Post workout)
ALRI's Primed (Pre workout)
ALRI's N'Gorge (Morning/Pre workout)

6-26-06 will mark the first day for all products listed above.

Built
06-26-2006, 11:57 AM
ALRI's RegenerationX - looks like creatine with a Red Bull
ALRI's Primed (Pre workout) - NO2
ALRI's N'Gorge (Morning/Pre workout) - creatine, N02 and glutamine

That about right? You digging the NO2 pumps?

97muscle
06-26-2006, 12:26 PM
ALRI's RegenerationX - looks like creatine with a Red Bull
ALRI's Primed (Pre workout) - NO2
ALRI's N'Gorge (Morning/Pre workout) - creatine, N02 and glutamine

That about right? You digging the NO2 pumps?

Well today is my first day that I will have taken any of these products so I we will have to wait and see what happens.

97muscle
06-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Amazing is the only word to describe last nights workout. I lifted heavier than I have in a long time and I have to attribute this to the program that Michael Elias and Team ALRI have formulated. Here are the numbers and like I have said from the beginning the results will speak for themselves.

6.20.06 Chest/Shoulders/Abs

Flat Bench Press: 215x6, 225x6, 215x4
Incl. Press: 185x6, 165x6(2)
DB Flyes: 40x10(3)
BB Shrugs: 315x6(3)
DB Shoulder Press: 60x6(3)
Side Lat Raises: 25x8(3)
Hanging Leg Raises: 15x3

6.26.06 Chest/Shoulders/Abs

Flat Bench: 245x5, 275x3, 315x1(and I could have done more)
Incl. Bench: 185x6, 215x6(2) (that is a 40lbs increase from last week)
DB Flyes: 40x10, 45x10(2) (+5lbs)
DB Shoulder Press: 60x6, 65x6, 70x6 (+10lbs)
DB Side Lat: 30x8(3) (+5lbs)
Hanging Leg Raises: 20x2, 10x1 ( with 20lbs DB)

Now lets look at the variables:

1) Proper Diet
2) Not Overtraining
3) 1 serving of: RegenerationX, Primed, N'Gorge

HMMM!!! Must be working.

Built
06-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Food.

It's just SO anabolic!

97muscle
06-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Food.

It's just SO anabolic!

Well well! If it isn't my good friend Built! Yeah that is the whole point. Once your diet and training are under wraps you can make great progress

Built
06-27-2006, 12:38 PM
So much of BB is food. Cutting, bulking, or maintaining, the biggest difference is the amount of food going in.

Nice to see you making gains. :)

97muscle
06-27-2006, 12:40 PM
So much of BB is food. Cutting, bulking, or maintaining, the biggest difference is the amount of food going in.

Nice to see you making gains. :)

That is so true. I was just amazed that in one week I could see that big of a difference just by eating correctly. I think that I will be very pleased in 12 weeks

FitnFirm69
06-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Hey 97Muscle!!!!!!

Glad to see you enjoying the ALRI supps!!! It gets better too once your on them for week.

Bulking sure has its benefits huh!!!! I too notice more strength, but the supps give ya the extra edge. Us natural folks have to work harder and harder to make good gains, but we will keep them in the long run. Sorry I havent been here in a few days, was checking out the new AB forum. SO many places to go :)

As far as the N-gorge goes, its the best creatine product I have ever used. It really channels the goods to your muscles better than others, and my strength went up right away when using it. No more nasty bulk CEE!!!!!

Congrats on your gains!!!!!

McIrish
06-28-2006, 01:09 PM
really solid benching there, 97, keep up the good work! :thumbup:

EME
06-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Keep up the good work 97.

You're doing great and this is just the beginning

Lot's more to come!

- EME

That is so true. I was just amazed that in one week I could see that big of a difference just by eating correctly. I think that I will be very pleased in 12 weeks

97muscle
06-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks alot. I plan to only keep progressing but I am going to listen to my body as well because I can not afford to injure myself along the way. I feel very strong and I think that we will continue to see great milestones.

97muscle
06-30-2006, 10:06 AM
•SB CURLS: 90x6, 100x6, 110x6 +30lbs
SS W/
•Preacher Curls: 85x6(2), 90x6
•Conc. Curls: 35x6(2), 40x6 +10lbs
• CG Bench (Reverse Grip): 185x7(2), 6 (this grip doesn't hurt my wrist as bad)
• Skullies: 110x7(2), 6 +20lbs
• Kickbacks: 35x8(3) +5lbs
• Crunches: 3sets of 20

Big gains again!!! Man I am loving this progress and I am feeling stonger everyday. Today marks the end of the first week with the ALRI products:

RegenerationX
N'Gorge
Primed

And I think that the results speak for themselves that they play a big role in my success thus far. I am staying consistent at the 176lbs mark, which is 7lbs up from the start. Before I began this plan my weight went from 169 to 178 and I felt weak all of the time. Now I am keeping my weight and I feel great (aside these stupid allergies). I want to thank everyone for their support thus far and I hope you will all stick around to see the final results.

97muscle
07-03-2006, 07:31 AM
I have definitely seen strength gains over the past few years but I have seen relatively 0 size gains. That has all changed now, in 2 1/2 weeks I have added 1 inch to my arms and increased my body weight by 11 lbs.

6.30.06 Legs
AM Weight: 176
PM Weight: 180 (YEAH, up 11 lbs)

Squat: 225x10(3)
SL Deads: 185x6(2), 195x6(2)
Leg Ext: 160x6, 175x6, 205x6
Leg Curls: 100x12(3)
Calf Raises: 275x10(4)
Weighted Dec. Crunches: 3 sets of 20 (+45lbs, 90lbs, 125lbs)

Tonight is another Chest night and I can't wait to see what weights I will be throwing around. I hope that everyone has a wonderful 4th of July.

Kana
07-03-2006, 09:10 AM
What's up Mix? It has been a while.

I can actually bench 330 now and yes because I needed someone to help me with my Not Eating Enough Problem I hired him. It's not like I have broken the bank by hiring him anyways and in just the last 3-4 days I have realized that I was eating like a little school girl.

Amazing is the only word to describe last nights workout. I lifted heavier than I have in a long time and I have to attribute this to the program that Michael Elias and Team ALRI have formulated. Here are the numbers and like I have said from the beginning the results will speak for themselves.

6.20.06 Chest/Shoulders/Abs

Flat Bench Press: 215x6, 225x6, 215x4
Incl. Press: 185x6, 165x6(2)
DB Flyes: 40x10(3)
DB Shoulder Press: 60x6(3)
Side Lat Raises: 25x8(3)
Hanging Leg Raises: 15x3

I'm confused. You said back on June 19th that you can bench 330, but yet on 6/20 you're only doing 215x6, 225x6, 215x4. :confused: And then just six days later you did this---->Flat Bench: 245x5, 275x3, 315x1(and I could have done more)

97muscle
07-03-2006, 09:17 AM
I'm confused. You said back on June 19th that you can bench 330, but yet on 6/20 you're only doing 215x6, 225x6, 215x4. :confused: And then just six days later you did this---->Flat Bench: 245x5, 275x3, 315x1(and I could have done more)

I can Bench 330lbs and the first Chest workout was the first Chest day on the program. I am progressing every week to push my muscles and make them grow and not get use to doing the same weight all of the time. It wouldn't make much sense for me to start with my max weight and only be able to move it once or twice. I will surpass 330 very soon and should be at 400 by the end of the year.

Kana
07-03-2006, 09:51 AM
I see. I was just wondering why you didn't push yourself more.

Do you find your bench results to be better by not sticking to the same weight for all your sets?

McIrish
07-03-2006, 10:10 AM
11 lbs in 2.5 weeks? How did you manage that? :scratch:

97muscle
07-03-2006, 11:53 AM
I see. I was just wondering why you didn't push yourself more.

Do you find your bench results to be better by not sticking to the same weight for all your sets?

Believe me I push myself in the gym, I just wanted to get my bearings down before I went all out on the first day. Just follow along and you will see the results of "Not Pushing Myself"

I think that in order to make progress that you must push your body, so I try to atleast get an extra rep or to increase the weight every session.

97muscle
07-03-2006, 11:56 AM

Well now if I told you that then I would put Michael out of business!!

I just Eat Right (amount and types of food) and I train according to the plan. I do not expect to continue gaining at this rate but I do plan to gain consistantly over the 12 week plan.

KingWilder
07-03-2006, 12:20 PM
of this 11lbs, how much would you say was actually muscle and how much was fat?

97muscle
07-03-2006, 12:22 PM
of this 11lbs, how much would you say was actually muscle and how much was fat?

I can still see most of my abs and I am still fitting into my jeans so I don't think that much of it is fat at all. I think that I am just gaining some of the muscle that I had before and the added rest and proper diet is keeping the gains very lean.

Built
07-03-2006, 12:23 PM

Well, it was 3 lbs less in the AM, which is probably a more reliable weight to use, yes?

So, 8 lbs in 2.5 weeks - that's an extra 800 calories a day.

:)

SpecialK
07-03-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm more puzzled by the "add 1 inch to your arms in 2.5 weeks" bit. Is that even possible? How many lbs. of muscle would you have to add to an arm to make its measurement go up by 1 inch?

97muscle
07-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Well, it was 3 lbs less in the AM, which is probably a more reliable weight to use, yes?

So, 8 lbs in 2.5 weeks - that's an extra 800 calories a day.

:)

Yeah you know it is amazing how much an affect eating can have on one's physique. I am feeling so much better than I did before I started this plan and I know that I could have simply just started eating more and all that BLAH BLAH BLAH, but I really feel that having Michael by my side has been the real reason I have made such great progress in such a short time.

97muscle
07-03-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm more puzzled by the "add 1 inch to your arms in 2.5 weeks" bit. Is that even possible? How many lbs. of muscle would you have to add to an arm to make its measurement go up by 1 inch?

REALLY, that is amazing since FLEX and other major magazines say that you can do this in 1 day!!! HMMMM!! Not so puzzling to me

Kana
07-03-2006, 12:47 PM
REALLY, that is amazing since FLEX and other major magazines say that you can do this in 1 day!!! HMMMM!! Not so puzzling to me

You're kidding, right? lol

Built
07-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Food is SUCH a huge part of BB - it will make or break your results.

97muscle
07-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Food is SUCH a huge part of BB - it will make or break your results.

That is right and I feel so stupid for not being able to realize that before now but I hope to only help others not make the same mistake

97muscle
07-03-2006, 01:08 PM
You're kidding, right? lol

No I am not kidding. They had a entire DAY dedicated to arms with scheduled rests and meals to supposedly add an inch to your arms in one day.

FitnFirm69
07-03-2006, 01:19 PM

Hi Special K,

I am female also training with Michael Elias. On the 24th day of my bulk plan I measured and have gained .50 inches on both biceps, I have gained 7.5 pounds in this time.

Built
07-03-2006, 01:21 PM
FitnFirm, an unassisted female on a bulk MIGHT put on at most a pound of LBM in a month.

In 24 days, it's possible you put on about 12 ounces of muscle, if you're very lucky.

Tricep fat, on the other hand, comes up really, really fast on females.

Just a heads-up.

FitnFirm69
07-03-2006, 01:39 PM
FitnFirm, an unassisted female on a bulk MIGHT put on at most a pound of LBM in a month.

In 24 days, it's possible you put on about 12 ounces of muscle, if you're very lucky.

Tricep fat, on the other hand, comes up really, really fast on females.

Just a heads-up.

Just to give you an idea in picture form, last night I took a quick pic of my back, alot is changing in this short time, I see more muscle for sure.

And funny you brought up the tricep fat, I never heard that before but I do have that problem, a stubborn little area where the horseshoe is , the shallow area, I had previously lost alot of bodyfat before this bulk and did really lean up my arms, but there is more to be done for sure. Thanks for the heads up!! I am def trying to get rid of that ugly stuff :)

Sorry 97 for the hijack !!!!

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/2690/22daysback0cv.jpg

97muscle
07-03-2006, 01:40 PM
FNF has put on some very good weight in those 24 days. If you look at her pics she has packed on a lot of size on her back and arms and by looking at the pics she appears to have stayed relatively lean.

97muscle
07-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Just to give you an idea in picture form, last night I took a quick pic of my back, alot is changing in this short time, I see more muscle for sure.

And funny you brought up the tricep fat, I never heard that before but I do have that problem, a stubborn little area where the horseshoe is , the shallow area, I had previously lost alot of bodyfat before this bulk and did really lean up my arms, but there is more to be done for sure. Thanks for the heads up!! I am def trying to get rid of that ugly stuff :)

Sorry 97 for the hijack !!!!

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/2690/22daysback0cv.jpg

Lookin great girl and you can hijack my thread anytime!!

Built
07-03-2006, 01:57 PM
FNF has put on some very good weight in those 24 days. If you look at her pics she has packed on a lot of size on her back and arms and by looking at the pics she appears to have stayed relatively lean.

You don't see her lower body. That's the first place women usually gain fat, and the last place it leaves.

FitnFirm69
07-03-2006, 02:03 PM
You don't see her lower body. That's the first place women usually gain fat, and the last place it leaves.

Built,

Ill get all my pics taken on the 9th, then I do actual BB poses to show each view. Ill bring a few over for ya then. Last night was just a quickie for my own curiosity and I decided to share it because I was so happy.

I can tell you that I have not put on a bunch of blubber, and for me the waist always gets bigger first, Ive had a hard time getting rid of hip fat on my rear area. Currently 135 lbs at 5' 6 ". Anyway Ill be happy to share them with you for your bashing pleasure :) I will enjoy the motivation I get out of your comments, Since I know you have come along way yourself and we are the same age.

97muscle
07-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Uh Oh FNF is about to unleash the beast!!!

97muscle
07-03-2006, 02:48 PM

I have actually seen her entire body and I am sure that she will post the pics soon

Bob
07-03-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm getting confused... whose thread is this? 97 or FnF?? LOL

Still watching your thread 97... although I haven't seen anything new in MEs program.. I do understand how having the direct contact and a "trainer/manager" help you to progress. Good luck with your continued success.. looking forward to your progress pics..

FnF.. nice progress.. only one comment.. you seem to have put some nice mass on your delts.. but not on your traps. Now I know that some women don't want any extra mass there... is that on purpose?

FitnFirm69
07-03-2006, 03:02 PM

Still watching your thread 97... although I haven't seen anything new in MEs program.. I do understand how having the direct contact and a "trainer/manager" help you to progress. Good luck with your continued success.. looking forward to your progress pics..

FnF.. nice progress.. only one comment.. you seem to have put some nice mass on your delts.. but not on your traps. Now I know that some women don't want any extra mass there... is that on purpose?

I just started directly working traps 4 weeks ago, I dont want big ones, but do plan on having some muscular growth there to keep things evened out, here is a pic of the baby traps :) This was taken june 10th 2006

Also Im 97Muscles STALKER :) LOL

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/2092/traps6mh.jpg

97muscle
07-03-2006, 03:03 PM

THis is 97's house but I love for FNF to drop in as often as possible. I will have some progress pics up soon or you can PM me and I will give you a link to them

Built
07-03-2006, 04:35 PM
fnf - I'm not bashing - it's just the nature of the beast: on a bulk, we gain muscle and fat - on unassisted women our age, usually more fat than muscle. There's really no way around this unless you go the anabolic route for a trained athlete. I put up with it, too.

You are an apple to my "pear" - for me, it's the bottom half that gains it the fastest. But then, I was fat for a LONG time - and that's where it all was.

It's very difficult to nail down how much muscle a woman's body can gain in terms of LBM on a bulk - there's so little written on the subject. I base my claim of how much we can gain on conversations I've had with Lyle McDonald, and on my own personal DEXA full-body x-ray scans: in the absence of empirical data, I felt it was reasonable to take a direct measurement approach, even if it IS expensive as hell. I just really wanted to know.

Best of luck with your goals - please feel free to drop by my gym log to pick this conversation up and let 97 get his log back. ;)

97muscle
07-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Well arms went alright last night, I couldn't go quite as heavy as I would have liked to but I worked them hard. I didn't do the CG Bench or Skullies because I want to let my shoulder rest up a bit more. It doesn't hurt quite as bad so I think it just needs a little rest.

7.6.06 Arms
AM BW: 176lbs
PM BW: 179lbs

SB Curls: 90x8(3)
SS/ w
Preachers: 85x8(2) x6

Conc. Curls on Incl. Bench: 30x6(3)

Tri PD's: 80x10(3)

Single Arm PD's: 20x12(3)

Something that I have noticed about weight stacks is that I can lift 180 on one machine and 80 on another. I am sure that it has something to do with the pullie system, but it confuses me when I look back and see that I did 180 on the same exercise and now I am only doing 80. Oh well it was heavy and it worked the tris real good.

Crunches: 20x3

I am so ready for this weekend. I plan to rearrange my closet and prep my kitchen for the new countertops on Monday. I am like an old man when it comes to my closet. I like for my shirts to be sectioned into color and style and they are all out of order right now which is driving me crazy. I would also like to rearrange my garage and get all of the bushes pulled up in my backyard. I don't know why anyone would plant holly bushes all over the place but I will tell you that they are hard to uproot. It took me about 3.5 hours to get one of them out of the ground. Well I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will try to get on here at some point.

97muscle
07-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Well after an absolutely crazy week I am so ready to get back on schedule. The kitchen turned out great and I will be posting pics soon. I haven't lost any weight and I plan to gain at least another pound this week. My shoulder is feeling great aside the fact that my ceiling fan fell out on me Saturday.

Tonight is Chest/Shoulders so I will post some numbers tomorrow

97muscle
07-18-2006, 08:21 AM
7-17-06 Chest

AM Weight: 179
PM Weight: 181

I am back on track this week and I am trying to fight through feeling so tired. I think that staying up until 1am all last week has really taken it out of me, not to mention the heat here in Oklahoma.

Last night was a good night. I lifted really strong and my shoulder didn't act up at all.

Bench: 225x10(2), 315x3

Incl. Bench: 145x10 ( Focused on Negative), 215x6(2)

Incl. Flyes: 35x10, 45x10, 55x10

DB Shrugs: 60x12 (sorry Michael I know these aren't BB shrugs but some guy was taking too long on the rack)

BB Rear Shrugs: 100x12(2)

DB Shoulder Press: 55x10(3)

Machine Side Lat Raises: 65x12(2)

Hanging Leg Raises: 20 (3 sets) +20lbs, +25lbs(2)

McIrish
07-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Hey, real solid benching lately, 97. That's a ton of volume on bench days! :omg:

97muscle
07-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Thanks alot. I have been feeling alot stronger lately and once I put 315 up 6 times I am going to go for 400 for a new Max. I would love to be at 400 by the end of the year. All of my lifts have been getting much better but I had to lay off a little because my shoulder started bothering me. It is feeling much better so I should be back to full force soon

97muscle
08-11-2006, 08:18 AM
Well just an update: My back is feeling much better so maybe I just got a great low back workout that I am not use to.

Last night was Arm night and I feel like I did great.

LB Curl: 95x10(3)
ss w/
Rev. LB Curls: 65x10(3)
Seated Hammer: 30, 35, 55 x10
Preacher (cambered bar): 40x10, 60x10(2)
Skullies: 80x10(3)
CG Bench: 135x10, 185x10, 205x8
Pullovers: 50x15(2)

I included the Rev. and Hammer curls because I feel that my forearms are lagging a bit and I feel that it will help strengthen my wrists so that I can handle more on the CG Bench. I am holding steady at 183lbs which is 14lbs up and I can actually see more definition in my abs and my pants are fitting much more tight on legs so they must be growing. I am finding it to be pretty easy to adjust to the added cals. which is a surprise to me because I have never been able to eat this much in one sitting. Everything is going as planned and I hope to see 200lbs by the first of the year if not sooner.

97muscle
08-11-2006, 08:20 AM
Tonight is Chest/Shoulders/Abs and I can't wait to see the weights again! It seems like so long since Friday and I am just itching to throw some weight around.

This week my caloric intake will go up by about 500 cals. which will put me at about 4200 cals per day. I can't wait to see what this is going to produce.

My shoulders are feeling so much better and I think that I will be able to start increasing the weight on most of my exercises soon. I have come to the conclusion that I have to make the decision as to whether I want to be a bodybuilder or a weight lifter because up until now I have always had the misconception that being able to lift all of the weight in the gym was going to give me the physique that I long to achieve. Now don't get me wrong, I know that in order to get bigger I need to push my body to lift heavier so that I don't get into a rut. However I think that with the rep ranges that I am working with I can easily overload my joints which will ultimately limit the potential growth due to recovery limitations. So I have decided that I will concentrate more on choosing a weight for the 6-10 rep range that pushes me enough to spark growth and give my joints and connective tissue enough time to get acclimated to the stress.

I weighed in at 184.6lbs on Saturday which is now up 15.6lbs since 6.19.06 and I haven't gained any visible fat to speak of. I have noticed that my butt is filling my pants out quite a bit more which is making the pants fit a little weird around the waist and I have also noticed that my legs are getting a bit tighter as well.

97muscle
08-15-2006, 10:25 AM
8.14.06 Chest

Bench: 225x5, 295x3, 330x2 ( I felt like I could have handled more weight but with my shoulder bothering me I figured I should be careful)

Incl. Bench: 225x10, 235x10, 6

DB Flyes: 50x10(2) (felt a little tight so I didn't do the last set)

DB Shrugs: Front, Side, Rear: 80x10(3)

DB Press: 50x9(2), 8

Side Lat Raises: 25x10(3)

I think that my mental focus on my shoulder keeps me from going full throttle on some of the shoulder exercises but I guess it is better to be safe than sorry.

I am holding steady at 182lbs and I hope to get over 185lbs by my birthday (Sept. 18th). The added calories have been a welcomed addition to the plan, as I am feeling much more energized and I am actually staying full.

Tonight is Back and I hope that it goes as well as Chest did although I will have to take it a little bit easier this time so that I don't put my lower back in a bind.

I talked to Michael about my squat routine and he showed me the PROPER way to do a squat and I am noticing a big difference in the development of the ENTIRE quad and it actually feels better on my knees and back. Before I was stopping at or just above parallel which I feel put a tremendous amount of stress on my knees. I had to drop the weight some but I am getting more out of the full range of motion with less weight than I was with more weight and limited range.

Thanks Michael

Built
08-15-2006, 10:28 AM
I think pretty much everybody here does full squats. Was there some reason you were only going to parallel before?

97muscle
08-15-2006, 11:11 AM
I think pretty much everybody here does full squats. Was there some reason you were only going to parallel before?

Yeah I felt that it was helping my knees, as I have had knee problems for a while. I had been mislead at some point, something to the fact that going past parallel put more stress on the tendons and ligaments of the knees.

KingWilder
08-15-2006, 11:13 AM
yeah man, stopping at or above parallel has been shown to put more stress on the knees...that's why it is encouraged to go below parallel

There are several schools of thought on squat depth. Many misinformed individuals caution against squatting below parallel, stating that this is hazardous to the knees. Nothing could be further from the truth.2 Stopping at or above parallel places direct stress on the knees, whereas a deep squat will transfer the load to the hips,3 which are capable of handling a greater amount of force than the knees should ever be exposed to. Studies have shown that the squat produces lower peak tibeo-femoral (stress at the knee joint) compressive force than both the leg press and the leg extension.4 For functional strength, one should descend as deeply as possible, and under control. (yes, certain individuals can squat in a ballistic manner, but they are the exception rather than the rule). The further a lifter descends, the more the hamstrings are recruited, and proper squatting displays nearly twice the hamstring involvement of the leg press or leg extension.5,6 and as one of the functions of the hamstring is to protect the patella tendon (the primary tendon involved in knee extension) during knee extension through a concurrent firing process, the greatest degree of hamstring recruitment should provide the greatest degree of protection to the knee joint.7 When one is a powerlifter, the top surface of the legs at the hip joint must descend to a point below the top surface of the legs at the knee joint.

http://www.bodybuildinguniverse.com/routine10.htm

97muscle
08-15-2006, 11:17 AM
yeah man, stopping at or above parallel has been shown to put more stress on the knees...that's why it is encouraged to go below parallel

http://www.bodybuildinguniverse.com/routine10.htm

I can definitely feel the difference since doing them right.

KingWilder
08-15-2006, 11:20 AM
I hear that, I've been working on doing full ROM and I can def. feel it more

97muscle
08-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the response and I will not be resorting back to partials anytime soon

97muscle
08-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Well I took some measurements last night and was quite shocked at what the tape said. Here is the comparison from the start of the plan and last night

Measurements: 6-20-06
Neck: 15.25
Shoulders: 47
Chest: 41.75
Bicep: L=15 R=15.5
Forearm: L=12 R=12.5
Waist: 33.25
Thigh: L=22.5 R=23
Calf: L=15 R=15

Measurements: 8.15.06
Neck: 15.25 - Same
Shoulders: 51.5 (+4.5 inches)
Chest: 43.25 (+2.25)
Bicep: L=15.5(+.5) R=15.375(+.125)
Forearm: L=12.5(+.5) R=13(+.5)
Waist: 34 (I just eaten)
Thigh: L=24(+1.5) R=24(+1)
Calf: L=15.375 R=15.375(+.375)

GETTING BIGGER!!!

My back workout was crazy. It was the first time in a long time that I almost lost my lunch. I think that it might have had something to do with supersetting deads with hack squats after a taxing Pulldown session. I felt great and my form was spot on so other than the nausea I felt great.

97muscle
08-18-2006, 10:15 AM
8.17.06 Arms

Great Night!!! I lifted strong and my energy levels were definitely up. The heat around this place is enough to make you want to stay inside and do nothing but if I have to be sweaty I might as well be lifitng.

Long Bar Curls (alt wide/narrow grip): 90x10, 100x10(2)
Reverse LB's ( I feel that my forarms are lagging ): 75x10(2)
Seated Hammer: 40x10, 55x10(2)
Preacher: 75x10, 95x5,4
Skullies: 80x10, 90x10,8
CG Bench: 225x10, 7, 5 (I can remember when 1 rep was impossible)
Pull Overs: 55x15(2) ss w/ CG DB press: 55x20(2)

Built
08-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Try hang cleans or Zottmans for lagging forearms. Also chins.

97muscle
08-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Try hang cleans or Zottmans for lagging forearms. Also chins.

I am not familiar with Zottmans and forearm exercises really aren't part of the plan right now but I was a bad kid and deviated a bit that night.

Nice to have you back in the journal.

dw06wu
08-30-2006, 04:33 PM
As for the pulleys, if you are on the big contraption that has a center area (pulleys on each side for pecs), the double pulley halves the weight. So 180 on the double pulley would be ~90lbs.

97muscle
08-31-2006, 07:36 AM
As for the pulleys, if you are on the big contraption that has a center area (pulleys on each side for pecs), the double pulley halves the weight. So 180 on the double pulley would be ~90lbs.

Well the system that I work on actually has independent weight stacks for each side and on the seated row, pull downs it has 2 pullies and a single weight stack. It says on the weight stack that the weight you use is per side so 80 would be 160.

Thanks for the input

97muscle
09-01-2006, 07:45 AM
WOOW last night was crazy!!!!

LB Curls: 100x10(3) OH YEAH!!!
SS/ w
Preacher: 75x10, 6, 6

Incline DB Curl: 30x10(2), 45x6

Skullies: 110 x 10, 8, 8

CG Bench: 205 x 6, 5, 5 (complete failure)

Tricep Ext (machine): 100x8(2)
SS w/
Dips: 20x2

This was a great workout. I felt complete pump in both Bicep and Tricep and left each set at failure.

Bodyweight AM: 184.6 (the heaviest I have EVER been in the morning)