PDA

View Full Version : Fat Loss... Where does it come off first?

BornBig
01-25-2002, 12:55 PM
Well on my diet... so far ive lost 16 Pounds... My Pant fit looser, i can tell... I heard fat comes off your stomach and face last, Where does it come off first?

Woohoo... 16 pounds and gaining!!!

Tryska
01-25-2002, 12:58 PM
it comes off in a genetically pre-disposed pattern.

fat is like the Marines....first in; last out.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-25-2002, 01:00 PM
the pattern of fat loss/gain is genetically predetermined and can be different between folks.

Generally, midsection holds more - usually for protection/insulation of vital organs stored there - this prolly explains why hands, feet, calves and forearms are generally lean no matter what.

Congrats on the weight loss man, great job. keep us updated.

breeze
01-25-2002, 01:05 PM
what tryska said. It comes off using the lifo method that is Last in first out.

01-25-2002, 06:12 PM
comes off first where I want it to last, and comes off last where I want it to first. Does it to annoy me.

the doc
01-25-2002, 07:35 PM
i believe that the fat deep within the abdomen is the most succeptible to diet and exercise. this fat also happens to be one of the leading risk factors in the devolpment of arteriosclerosis.

TreeTrunks
01-25-2002, 08:23 PM
i've heard you lose fat first in your face then stomach your kidneys are the last to lose fat, for obvious reasons, well you can't burn off the fat around your kidenys.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-26-2002, 05:52 AM
I've just thought, technically, the last place fat will come off is from around internal organs and the fat lubricating joints. Once these come off you'll most likely die haha...

body
01-26-2002, 06:14 AM
as mentioned above last in fisrt to leave.
Though some things cause bigger effects than others.

eg beer belly - as increased cortisol and decrease test make it easier to put weight on around the midsection.
Your hormones effect fat in different places and types of fat in different ways.
But this is more relevant to steroid users and drunks than the natural trainer.(though the steroid users get a postive fat loss and the drunks the opposite).

Also women are slightly different to men.