PDA

View Full Version : Diet To OPTIMIZE Your Natural Horomones..

MonStar1023
01-25-2002, 02:01 PM
I am curious if you all could help me out. I was thinking after reading NHE and following the NHE Eating Plan. After reading about each horomone and what specifically it does, I am really really curious what exactly would be the ideal diet to completely max out all of your body's natural horomone levels?

Obviously moderatey higher fat would be important to optimize hGH and test am I correct? But carbs would be extremely important to optimize insulin.. which many of you feel is super anabolic.

Honestly I mean NHE is a little outdated dont you think? Rob completely is practically against postworkout carbs... etc. Although my results have been magnificent I would think that over 6 years since the book was published there would be new knowlege etc.

I have heard about a Cyclical Isocaloric Diet.. that Blood&Iron is keeping a journal of. Help me out guys.

:cool::cool:

Tryska
01-25-2002, 02:03 PM
my advice? find something that works for YOU. and stick to it.

Paul Stagg
01-25-2002, 02:04 PM
A mix of protein, carbs and fats.

That would be the place to start.

Yep.

Some of each.

:)

I don't think your question has an answer... and if it did, I don't know that it matters enough to worry about.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-25-2002, 02:08 PM
The oldies are right. Hormones are too antagonistic so you'll never get the full benefit of all at the same time.

Just gotta work with what you got.

BTW, the most anabolic method is to eat more cals then you gain.

Courtesy of http://www.Robboeisagenius.com

aeckhardt
01-25-2002, 02:41 PM
Oooo, chicken daddy has got ya there.

Because you can gain muscle on a no carb diet as long as you eat more cals than you burn. Of course you would need some carb ups though.

MonStar1023
01-26-2002, 08:50 AM
When I said "optimize" your horomones I think I mislead many readers. My fault.. what I meant was to manipulate your horomones so that fat-loss goals are attainable and muscle gains are at least maintained, if not gained.

Obviously a standard bulking diet with tons of carbs and EFAs and lotta protein would optimize ALL of your horomones. But would gain some fat. And I want to LOSE some fat.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-26-2002, 11:29 AM
There's too many.

For a follow up to this, view Tryska's post.

the doc
01-26-2002, 04:26 PM
Look monstar it depends on your goals. As others mentioned, all the hormones are interrelated and thus promoting some result in counterregulatory responses.

Currently i want to drop some fat. Realizing that it is hard to gain muscle and lose fat for myself i want this set up
RIght now i want my insulin and glucagen to remain steady- no wild swings. I think the NHE type diet of low gi carbs with periodic high carb/high cal feedings is accomplishing this. This is not to say that other strategies will not do the same, but i do believe that the high carb/no fat is not the way.
As far as hGH and test, we can only do so much. The thing to concentrate on more than anything else, the one constant, is to maintain the highest level of intensity in your workouts. There is no disputing that this is what drives muscle growth and/or fat loss.
I find some days this intensity eludes me. Today i had it though, and i feel it.

Now if your goal is mass then insulin must be stimulated. I think ST is gonna talk about this.

MonStar1023
02-03-2002, 07:30 AM
Severed Ties-
I was thinking about it and when is your article going to come out on this?

MonStar1023
02-07-2002, 01:11 PM

MonStar1023
04-05-2002, 08:10 AM
After reading Severed Ties article on the sickness of lowcarb diets its really got me to thinking. Honestly I mean I am achieving good results with NHE but obviously there are tons and tons and tons of reasons that low carb diets are bad. Severed Ties listed a lot of them. I dont know what kind of diet would be a good idea? Not too many people here agreed with a CID. That diet is more moderate, moderate carbs, moderate protein and fat, and then refeed days twice per week.

MarshallPenn
04-05-2002, 10:24 AM
Monstar - Why don't people like CID? I think the only thing that doesn't make sense is the refeed day. It would seem the extra cals 2x per week are just going to store as fat. You've said it yourself: "go back to the basics". Just try a well rounded diet at your maintenance cal level *every* day. What's wrong with that?