PDA

View Full Version : Newbie and need advice

NinjaTurlteSean
06-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Well long story short, ive worked out before but stopped recently and i want to get back to working out. Im 6 ft tall and about 160 lbs and basically i was wondering what i need to do to build mass and lose some fat. Im not fat just want to show a six pack. So i would like to know what i should be eating or if i should take some supplements and a good workout routine to gain some muscle?

Thankyou all the inputs are apprecieated.

Margin Of Error
06-13-2006, 11:19 AM
First of all, loosing fat and gaining muscle at the same is difficult or impossible for the average lifter. You need to be in a caloric surplus (i.e. eat more calories than your body burns) to gain mass. This means you will gain fat along with the muscle.

For someone like you, loosing fat would be pointless because you have no muscle to show underneath it. Concentrate on eating lots of nutrient rich foods and doing heavy, compound lifts in the gym.

Here is a routine that will get you started towards your goals.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

Here is a link that explains the basics of bodybuilding nutrition.

http://www.atlargenutrition.com/gainingmass.php

And finally here is a link that explains what you should be eating.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

Read all of this info and you will have a good base to start your training.

Good luck.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-13-2006, 12:17 PM
You might also want to register under a new name because you spelled "Turtle" wrong. Since you only have 1 post, now would be a good time to do it. :thumbup:

KingWilder
06-13-2006, 12:26 PM
what color was the ninja turtle sean!?

McIrish
06-13-2006, 01:23 PM
did you say 6 ft 160 lb?? How much fat could you possibly have, you've got a good solid three inches on me and we way practically the same and I don't have that much fat.

NinjaTurlteSean
06-13-2006, 04:32 PM
ok well i keep the same name cuz its my email address and to limit confusion i just havent changed it cuz i made it when i was like 12 and it was a joke but it just stuck. and i dont necessarily want to lose fat just get rid of the flub around the gut so i can have a "six pack" and i heard that the key is a good diet and exercise, but i dont want to lose the muscle that i have.

Margin Of Error
06-13-2006, 09:56 PM
ok well i keep the same name cuz its my email address and to limit confusion i just havent changed it cuz i made it when i was like 12 and it was a joke but it just stuck. and i dont necessarily want to lose fat just get rid of the flub around the gut so i can have a "six pack" and i heard that the key is a good diet and exercise, but i dont want to lose the muscle that i have.

I understand, it's simply not feasible for someone of your experience though. You would look MUCH better bulking and building muscle behind the little fat you do have. Even when you are extremely lean you can have what looks like "flab" on your midsection because there is ZERO muscle behind it. Start eating and build some ab muscles and you will have your six pack.

NinjaTurlteSean
06-14-2006, 09:17 AM
alright cool, thanks for the replys, and i guess i will start that routine today and take some pics in a couple of months