PDA

View Full Version : Box Squats

BB_Classic
01-25-2002, 04:07 PM
Whats up everyone, I have some questions...
Please if you know, answer them...

What is leptin and its use in bodybuilding?
What is Polliquins principles, more specifically, his program?
What is the box squat, and why it works so well?
What is the principle of muscle fusion ?
What is cyclodextrin complex?
What does pyruvate does?
What is the effectiveness of boron in bodybuilders...

Please!!!
I will appreciate it very much if you can answer atleats one of them...
Peace

Ironman15
01-25-2002, 04:17 PM
There isn't much to the box squat. You just place a box where you'll be squatting down and you squat down to it, touch it and raise up. All it's really used for is so that you know that you're parallel or below. It helps in that it makes sure you go down deep enough for those that barely "squat down" when they squat.

BB_Classic
01-25-2002, 04:25 PM
Thanks,
Does anybody know answers for other q's?
Peace

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-25-2002, 04:31 PM
leptin is like a 'fat regulator' hormone. It applies in BBing as much as it applies to every day people.

It has shown to slow the production of fats cells [don;t have a study right now - i'd have to search for it and i'm too lazy to] and is suspected to have a relationship with the brain in a way that it makes you feel full, or satiated [or whatever the word is].

As far as i can gather, leptin is released by fat. It is synthesised from or by oestrogen and [i]can be stimulated by insulin.

I'm not entirely sure right now, so don't take this as fact just yet. Hopefully someone else can add more or point out my errors [if any].

Telling you about pyruvate would take forever man!

Basically, it's used in various stages of glucose and lipid metabolism in the human body. That's all you're getting from me :)

BB_Classic
01-25-2002, 04:32 PM
Thanks,
anyone else?