PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when its time to bulk?

JaredG
06-14-2006, 01:37 AM
No, this isn't another one of those newbie questions (that I keep asking). This is just my own personal experience.

How do I know when its time to bulk? When I go from being 30 lbs. heavier than my girlfriend to being 4 lbs. lighter than her. It's just not right. I am now at the point that my abs are peeking through the little remainder of fat on my stomach, but I don't care about them. Now I know why people say they don't care about abs. I just WannabeBig.

So, the bulk started today. I have eaten more food today than I have in a long time, and despite eating at a deficit since the beginning of the year, my appetite is keeping up with me no problem.

Without you guys, I would still be a chunky ball of sweat sucking down slim fast bars on the stair-master. Thanks to everyone for teaching us newbies the truth about diet and exercise.

motoko013
06-14-2006, 01:59 AM
up to you....it's really personal preference....there's no set time to bulk or cut

KingWilder
06-14-2006, 02:29 AM
like moto said, it's personal preference

just add on calories slowly, until you're gaining as much as you want, to help minimize fat gain

HILL
06-14-2006, 03:02 AM
yeh i used to bulk heavily however now im going for slow bulks concentrating on quality gains

Jordanbcool
06-14-2006, 11:06 AM
yeh i used to bulk heavily however now im going for slow bulks concentrating on quality gains

So am I. I used to do the same, bulked like crazy and cut like crazy. Its better too simply limit fat gain in the first place so your not stuck dieting for months on end. Plus if anything it teaches you better eating habits for when your finally happy with your body (so you dont ever have too cut again, atleast not often).

-jordan

HILL
06-14-2006, 01:01 PM
yeh i ms be around 15% now im guna bulk slowly while doing pct to between 200-210 hopefully at the same bf maybe 16%ish. Then cut down to 10-12% and never leave their again hopefully

Beast
06-14-2006, 02:10 PM
So, the bulk started today. I have eaten more food today than I have in a long time, and despite eating at a deficit since the beginning of the year, my appetite is keeping up with me no problem.
I wouldn't increase the calories too much too fast, or you'll put on a lot more fat than you'll want.

JaredG
06-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Yea, I was thinking that as well after the posts above.

Today it was back to my oatmel + whey + PB combo and skim milk for breakfast.

CrazyK
06-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Depends on the person. If you want to look like an underwear model, you won't be bulking very often. If you want to look like Ronnie Coleman you'll be bulking 3/4 of the year. If you are an NFL offensive lineman bulking is all you'll ever do :)