PDA

View Full Version : Supplements to take during a Cut

Mr. D
06-14-2006, 07:35 AM
Im looking at a multivitamin, creatine and hydroxycut.

Does anyone have experience/issues with that?

Should creatine and hydroxycut not be combined?

FREAKZILLA
06-14-2006, 07:39 AM
I've taken both together at the same time and have expirienced no problems. You need to add protein to that combo as well.

Progress
06-14-2006, 07:53 AM
I've taken both together at the same time and have expirienced no problems. You need to add protein to that combo as well.

Add protein? Protein should be part of your diet, not a supplement.

I find ETS (or a Micro-Lactin supp) helpful while cutting.

Holto
06-14-2006, 08:28 AM
Im looking at a multivitamin, creatine and hydroxycut.

Does anyone have experience/issues with that?

Should creatine and hydroxycut not be combined?

The current hydroxycut is garbage.

If you look at it from a perspective of formulation, they removed the main ingredient (ephedrine) and didn't replace it with anything.

Eszekial
06-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Trying Thermocin Today. I'll give you guys an update.

Jordanbcool
06-14-2006, 11:00 AM
1) Creatine
2) Fish oil
3) Multi
4) Casien/Whey protein combo (think nitrean)
5) ECA Stack (Ehpedrine, Caffeine and asprin)

1)The creatine will ensure that your lifts are explosive and productive.
2)Fish oil helps to burn fat while preserving muscle mass (while also having a host of other health benifits)
3)The multi simply ensures your health and well-being. Often nutrients are lacking when your trying too lose weight
4) Casien takes a while to digest which is a good thing on cuts and bulks. However a combination of casien and whey is the best. If all else fails you can simply use regular whey.
5) This stack will help you stay focused as well as burning off fat

Right now for my cutting I'm using everything I listed except instead of the ECA stack I'm simply using caffeine pills. I dont like all those stimulants so the reason is personal. (Fish oil, multi, caffeine pills, nitrean and creatine are the supplements I use)

IMO thats the best cutting stack. Although i've never tried ETS or the fatloss stack from ATLARGE. Looks pretty good, so that may be a place too start.

-jordan

Fat Man
06-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Besides what people listed is:

Glutamine,
Amina Acid pills,
extra vitamins like E,C, Potassium, B complex, and Magnessium,
Tonalin CLA
Glucosomine Chondroitin
Green Tea

neccessary during a cut?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Glutamine,
Amina Acid pills,No and no. And that's "amino".

Tonalin CLAWhat is this?

Holto
06-14-2006, 02:29 PM
No and no. And that's "amino".

What is this?

It's a specific brand of a TRANS fat that makes mice really ripped but does nothing in humans.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
It's a specific brand of a TRANS fat that makes mice really ripped but does nothing in humans.Cool! :thumbup: lol

Holto
Besides what people listed is:

Glutamine,
Amina Acid pills,
extra vitamins like E,C, Potassium, B complex, and Magnessium,
Tonalin CLA
Glucosomine Chondroitin
Green Tea

neccessary during a cut?

Best source of glutamine and other amino acids is food.

Fat Man
06-14-2006, 03:13 PM
No and no. And that's "amino".

What is this?

Heres what CLA is, I think its been proven medically for Fat loss although more on a long time line.
http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/weight-loss-etc/CLA-supplement-information.htm

Thanks for the responces holto, and scars.

So basically take everything I listed except CLA, Glutamine, and AA?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-14-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't trust that site after reading their article on creatine. They were correlating weight gain with creatine and because Person A stopped gaining weight, they said the creatine stopped working and was to blame. Weight gain = FOOD intake.

So basically take everything I listed except CLA, Glutamine, and AA?The rest you listed are just fine. For the Glucosamine, you might want to find one that also has MSM in it and maybe hyaluronic acid. A good multi would suffice in place of all those extra vitamins/minerals.

ddegroff
06-14-2006, 09:06 PM
It's a specific brand of a TRANS fat that makes mice really ripped but does nothing in humans.

WTF, they're actually people studying Trans fat that helps mice get more ripped. I would think CANCER or something would be better or more worth while.

OP: I don't really care for glucosamine, had much better success with ETS (ALN).

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-14-2006, 09:11 PM
What is ETS?

And success? Do you know what Glucosamine is?

ddegroff
06-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Glucosamine is for joint health.

ETS (extreme training support), ALN sells it, check it out here (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5).

My hip flexors have hurt me everyday sense highschool hockey (~3yrs). I did strengthen them a bunch, but the ETS took the pain away. Also a sweet side effect is you sleep like a baby!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-14-2006, 09:37 PM
The glucosamine I bought is specifically for my right knee joint and the cartilage, so it serves a bit of a different purpose. However, that looks pretty cool. I didn't even see that product on ALN for some reason. I must've thought it was something else.

ddegroff
06-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Glucosamine does work, especially for a specific issue. I don't see a reason to take if you don't need too. BUT most GNC's press the issue.

BY the way how has it worked for you?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-14-2006, 09:50 PM
It's working awesome so far. I just had a huge surgery in December, so I haven't worked out in about...a year, actually. I had to prep for surgery prior to this and I couldn't do much. I've lost a LOT of muscle and am finally getting this atrophy out of my right leg. So I'm skinny yet again. However, I met up with this awesome physical therapist that my doctor referred me to. He examined my shoulders (that I have a rare issue with...hyper mobility [which is permanent]) and he's going to construct me a mass gaining routine based around my limitations (shoulders and knee rehab). The PT was a champion bodybuilder in the 80's and he knows a LOT of things. I start training after a year-long hiatus (including not eating much due to depression) next Friday. I have a long road ahead of me, but this glucosamine definitely helps my knee not feel like complete ****.

ddegroff
06-14-2006, 09:54 PM
That sucks man about the year hiatas!

Thats awesome about the PT doin that for you, AND you get to start training again :thumbup:!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-14-2006, 09:59 PM
I'll tell my whole story one of these days in another thread. Perhaps I'll start my journal off with my story (I don't have a journal here yet). It's a LONG, horrible story. It seems every possible thing is trying to keep me from achieving my weightlifting goals. Hopefully that'll all change come Friday after next.

ddegroff
06-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Good luck bro!

Your the first person that used Glucosamine with success, that i've talked too. Glad to see it works for some.

BUT for the OP theres no need for it. Unless ofcourse there's an underlying injury we don't know of.