PDA

View Full Version : Bored Of Tuna And Corned Beef!

Nickthebassist
06-14-2006, 02:52 PM
ARGH!!!!!!!!! If i have to touch either of these again I will hurl, I'm sick of them. Anyone know some other high protein, low carb, foods for me to try, that dont take ages to prepare, and aren't hard to cook?(I don't like cutting up chicken or meat if I can avoid it).

Progress
06-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Ground sirloin, chicken breast and turkey breast are all very easy to prepare and cook.

enigm@tic
06-14-2006, 07:15 PM
any other kind of fish/seafood (salmon in particular), turkey breast, egg whites, cottage cheese, lean pork, nuts .. all i can think of now

Margin Of Error
06-14-2006, 08:16 PM
You dont have to eat meat. I get most of my protein (160-200g a day) from peanut butter and milk.

Clifford Gillmore
06-15-2006, 06:00 AM
You dont have to eat meat. I get most of my protein (160-200g a day) from peanut butter and milk.

But meat and fish are needed for DHEA and EFA for everything to operate smoothly, unless you supplement.

SpecialK
06-15-2006, 10:42 AM
You could try adding some 0-calorie spices and sauces to your foods. I have found if I keep changing the spice/sauce I can keep from getting bored of foods for much longer.

Margin Of Error
06-15-2006, 01:20 PM
But meat and fish are needed for DHEA and EFA for everything to operate smoothly, unless you supplement.

Ya I supplement with flax. And I'm not saying eat NO meat, I'm just pointing out that the majority of your protein doesnt nescesarrily have to come from an animal.

I like meat as much as the next guy but I get sick of tuna/chicken/beef after weeks of eating it.

Nickthebassist
06-15-2006, 02:19 PM
BTW, what exactly is Flax?

Margin Of Error
06-17-2006, 05:32 PM
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/T041700.asp

Sidior
06-17-2006, 07:41 PM
whey
whey and milk
whey, peanut butter and milk
whey on meat
whey on chicken
whey on fish
whey and casein
casein
casein and milk
casien, peanut butter and milk
casein on meat
casein on chicken
casein on fish
whey, casein and milk
whey, casein, peanut butter and milk
casein and whey on meat
casein and whey on chicken
casein and whey on fish

Sidior
06-17-2006, 07:41 PM
and of course tuna and corned beef :)

ottomanart
06-17-2006, 09:31 PM
ARGH!!!!!!!!! If i have to touch either of these again I will hurl, I'm sick of them. Anyone know some other high protein, low carb, foods for me to try, that dont take ages to prepare, and aren't hard to cook?(I don't like cutting up chicken or meat if I can avoid it).
I haven't had a good corned beef in 2 years ( d*mn Chinese food)... I would die for some!!! mmmm:drooling: ... corned beef and cabbage!!!! mmmmm... it's the Scotts-Irish coming out I guess!

When ever you change up your diet make sure you get all that important stuff you need!

alfy
06-18-2006, 08:41 AM
isnt corned beef full of fat?