PDA

View Full Version : Hotel for 3 weeks, how to eat

machaf
06-14-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm in a hotel for three weeks. I have no fridge, oven, microwave, ect.

Anyone have any ideas to avoid 'eating out' every single meal? I can get breakfast at the hotel, but I'm at a loss of what I can do for some decent food for lunches and dinner.

Any ideas would greatly help me out. Thanks

Progress
06-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Cooler and ice. Tuna, cottage cheese, oats, milk, protein blends/shakes. It won't be fun but you can manage.

Eszekial
06-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Can't really be that difficult to walk to convenience store and choke on some cottage cheese and other such products.

Bring a foreman grill and make your own.

CrazyK
06-14-2006, 06:01 PM
I'm in a hotel for three weeks. I have no fridge, oven, microwave, ect.

Anyone have any ideas to avoid 'eating out' every single meal? I can get breakfast at the hotel, but I'm at a loss of what I can do for some decent food for lunches and dinner.

Any ideas would greatly help me out. ThanksGo look up some of the fast food "healthy" options. There are always options if you eat out. Subway, Quizno's, even McD's has some good stuff in it if you pick and prode.

getfit
06-14-2006, 06:42 PM
i'm sure there's some type of supermarket around that you can pick up a few things and put them in the fridge in your room.

Progress
06-14-2006, 06:54 PM
i'm sure there's some type of supermarket around that you can pick up a few things and put them in the fridge in your room.

The cooler will suffice since he has no fridge.

TurboRush91
06-15-2006, 01:02 PM
I have to do the same thing occasionally for work. What I try to do is hitup the grocery store for some fruits to keep at my desk that will stay for a few days and snack on those.

You can always Subway and Quiznos and order some of their "healthier" items. Also, Applebee's and the such have "weight watcher" items which aren't horrible... obvioulsy not as ideal as being at home, but enough options out there if you need it.

pakse
06-15-2006, 03:23 PM
I always request a refrigerator and microwave in my room.

Additionally, any good resturant should be happy to accomodate any particular modifications to their menu.

Good luck to you, let us know how it turns out.

Keep the faith,

Pakse

ddegroff
06-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Cooler and ice. Tuna, cottage cheese, oats, milk, protein blends/shakes. It won't be fun but you can manage.

Good stuff, just add almonds or some kind of nuts and you should be good.

Progress
06-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Good stuff, just add almonds or some kind of nuts and you should be good.

Yep. All good stuff, high in protein and/or fat that needs no cooking/preparation.

Clifford Gillmore
06-16-2006, 05:06 AM
The first thing that came to my mind was 'Like a king!'

Progress
06-16-2006, 06:43 AM
The first thing that came to my mind was 'Like a king!'

If someone else is footing the room service bill I'd say the same.