PDA

View Full Version : Whats your chicken cooking routine?

beachmuscles
06-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Just curious...

I usually buy Publix Chicken Fillets two packages of three and throw 3 at a time on the foreman grill. The whole process takes me a hour, or so...But it's just starting to get really annoying, and I dread it more and more.

The whole fact of salmonella, and cleaning up, and undercooked, etc...It just all gets frustrating, and sometimes I think i'd rather just open a can of tuna, or mix a shake.

I usually make the chicken wednesday and sunday, every week. Lets hear your chicken routines.

ddegroff
06-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Marinate, grill, eat... Once a week usually.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-14-2006, 09:02 PM
I buy boneless chicken breasts in bulk, cook them a few different ways (so it doesn't get boring), and put them in measured containers for later.

time2grown06
06-14-2006, 09:06 PM
I like to soak chicken breasts in a marinade consisting of olive oil, lemon juice, soy sause, minced garlic, minced onion, black pepper, red vinegar, worchershire sauce, etc... for about 30 minutes...then I cook them on the grill on low-medium heat. Halfway through I resoak both sides and then put them back on the grill. I cook enough for about a week at a time and freeze it. Still tastes good even after being frozen.

I also like to put barbecue sauce on the chicken on the grill and another way is to put chicken in the crockpot with onion soup packets, cream soups, and onions, mushrooms, and potatoes and cook it on low for 6 hours.

Stir frys and chicken fajitas are another possibility. The options with chicken are endless...very versitale protein source.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-14-2006, 09:09 PM
^^

Good heavens, man! That sounds awesome!

time2grown06
06-14-2006, 09:27 PM
thanks, its a dream of mine to have my own restaurant someday and be the head chef:idea:

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-14-2006, 09:34 PM
I would visit your restaurant. :thumbup:

HILL
06-15-2006, 03:12 AM
if your worried about the cooking. I like to dice the chicken up and mix it with what ever sources flavourings etc are in the house and fry it like that. As has been send the possibilities are endless

dissipate
06-15-2006, 05:17 AM
boil........ it's the easiest method for me..

Clifford Gillmore
06-15-2006, 05:48 AM
Foreman grill takes me 10 minutes MAX do 5 WHOLE breast fillets, I butterfly them 2-3 times so they grill faster.

sonofman
06-15-2006, 07:07 AM
Marinate, grill, eat... Once a week usually.

This is what I do and put some in measured containers for the rest of the week.

Good heavens, man! That sounds awesome!

It does sound awesome. :drooling: I do a marinade something like this but time2grown06 has given me some ideas. I have to try that resoaking thing.

time2grown06, How much do you make up for the marinade? and do you guys factor this into fitday?

FREAKZILLA
06-15-2006, 10:12 AM
When I was in my teens I got hit with food poisoning twice, and it sucked equally both times! I am very cautious when cooking my chicken. I like to cut the breast in half so I know it is cooking thouroughly.

I like to marinate mine in Mrs. Dash' chipotle lime or Teriyaki sauce. Low sodium, but still very good.

Eszekial
06-15-2006, 10:21 AM
2 pieces of frozen, boneless skinless chicken thigh.

Put on foreman grill.

Cook for 15 minutes.

Put salt or butter on top.

Eat.

A bodybuilders diet is delicious, isn't it?

sonofman
06-15-2006, 11:58 AM
I gonna have to look for the Mrs. Dash' chipotle lime

pakse
06-15-2006, 03:25 PM
You should consider a good digital instant read thermometer (with a probe) - should run you under $20.00.

Keep the faith,

Pakse

ddegroff
06-15-2006, 03:34 PM
I gonna have to look for the Mrs. Dash' chipotle lime

OH man its soo good!

TOBART
06-15-2006, 04:44 PM
I made some very good chicken today and I just want to talk about it.

I started with a large breast, cut it into about 10 strips then coated them with thyme and italian seasoning. I seared them in a frying pan with olive oil for about 2 minutes just to get them golden. Then I put them in the oven at 400 for 7 minutes, I added a bit of shreaded cheese onto each piece for the last minute. I dipped them in some pizza sauce and it was definatly the most delicious chicken I've had in a long time.

lownslocvc
06-15-2006, 06:43 PM
turbo cooker w/ a little bit of water/onions/salsa. sooooo good and easy too

shootermcgavin7
06-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Crock pot saved me.

Get two bags of the 2lb frozen chicken (4 lbs total).

Throw it all in a big crock pot with 2 cans of chicken broth and 2 cans of cream of chicken.

Throw in chili powder, salt, pepper, and paprika.

Let it slow cook for 12 hours.

It makes 3 dinners for me, but it depends on your cal requirements. But it is great.

drew
06-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Preheat oven to 350. Take 3-6 boneless chicken breasts, coat in olive oil. Add seasoning as desired, place in roasting pan. Put chicken in oven 30 minutes. Eat.

Sometimes I'll also chop up some fresh sweet potatoes and toss them in cinnamon and nutmeg and throw them in the pan too.