PDA

View Full Version : pics at 12 months

cts122
06-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Well its been about 12 months since I started lifting weights. About 10 months since I joined the forum and have made great progress. As I look back on my posts my first one was questions regarding use of NO2, Noexplode, and Humagrow???!! wtf. To say the least I have learned alot and at the same time made some serious growth.

Also I noticed I made a comment in an old post about catching up with other people who have lifted for 2+ years in a matter of about 3 months. I wasn't exaggerating but i now realize that there are people who will lift for a good portion of their lives and never make much real progress. Is it really that hard to get on the computer and do a little research? It's interesting because some of the guys who i thought were big last summer are smaller than me now and I know they all couldnt have shrank... right?

So anyway Im up about 35 pounds from when I first hit iron beginning of last summer. Unfortunatly I no longer have before pics which i actually did happen to take aeound 150lbs, but my computer crashed and i lost those suckers. Heres the pics, Im sitting at about 180 right now at exactly 5'8.5.

gains2385
06-14-2006, 10:26 PM
looking good man!

d'Anconia
06-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Awwww no before pics? Anyway you're looking excellent man, got the size AND the definition. Keep up the work man.

And yes, unfortunately I don't think many people realize the kick-assness of internet forums.

Keith
06-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Looking amazing bro. Any relaxed front pics?

arya202
06-15-2006, 12:24 AM
Will your arms marry me?

d'Anconia
06-15-2006, 01:17 AM
and cheat on him with me.

HILL
06-15-2006, 03:08 AM
lookin good mate keep it up

WildCard
06-15-2006, 08:28 AM
awesome progress

MeHoW
06-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Great size, how are your measurements? (arms,chest etc)

Chest pic?

Barbell or dumbell? Those look like heavy dumbell arms to me.

Bodyfat?

cts122
06-15-2006, 05:39 PM
d'Anconia - i wish i had the befores too they were so pathetic it makes me look bigger

arya - they're currently engaged happily

Mehow - as far as arms for backs i like heavy ass weighted dips, inside bench, and skulls(actually i hate skulls but do them anyway), as well as burnouts on the dip machine and cable tricep pushdowns. For my fronts i rarely ever do dumbells besides some occasional hammers, I like to stick to pullups, straight bar standing BB and preacher front and reverse curls on the EZ.

Bodyfat:idk 13-14
Arms: 16"
Chest: 44"
Waist: 32 or 33"
Thighs:24"
Calves:14"
Forearms:13"

side chest and relaxed for u kind folks

McIrish
06-15-2006, 06:10 PM
damn, you done well. I'd kill for arms like that. Your bodyfat looks really low, too, so do you have great genetics or just a really tight diet? Or both? :)

cts122
06-15-2006, 06:52 PM
damn, you done well. I'd kill for arms like that. Your bodyfat looks really low, too, so do you have great genetics or just a really tight diet? Or both? :)

Both i think, i had great progress before paying much attention to diet but because of the contagious insanity with diet that lives on this forum and spreads to everyone, I too became infected about 6 months ago. I now experience this awful need to count calories, buy protein in bulk, and not eat things i actually want to eat. I definatly think diet is important even for those with very good genetics because there is no arguing that it gives you an edge over other people in the gym.

I can't understand it when people make comments such as, i eat too much fat, Multivitamins don't help you get stronger, deadlifts are bad for you, or even that i eat too much protein as well as refuse to take my advice, yet at the same time conclude that i must be on steroids.

Simply put, thats what seperates us from them.

MeHoW
06-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Your shoulders also look pretty big, any direct work or is it from incline?

D Breyer
06-15-2006, 08:50 PM
wow looking lean... nice back

Meat_Head
06-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Good work, the only thing I would take note of if I were you is that your arms are quickly surpassing your lats/pecs in development. You may want to adjust your training to address that. Do you do direct arm work now?

Fenrir
06-16-2006, 01:06 AM
nice back and arms man...keep up the good work!

cts122
06-16-2006, 04:36 AM
Good work, the only thing I would take note of if I were you is that your arms are quickly surpassing your lats/pecs in development. You may want to adjust your training to address that. Do you do direct arm work now?

I definatly do know my weak areas and am working on bringing them up to speed this summer. I wouldn't necessarily say my arms are surpassing my lats and chest, i think its more a matter of improper bench form and lack of chest excercises and neglected directed lat work as well as for my quads which i consider a weak area since I haven't done squats long.

My calves are pathetic at about the same size as my forearms and might end up getting their own day in my split.

cts122
06-16-2006, 04:38 AM
Your shoulders also look pretty big, any direct work or is it from incline?

DB shoulder presses: Heavy, full ROM as well as some laterals and reverse flyes

Haaji Dont Surf
06-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Damn, I can only dream of being this big some day.. You sir have done great!