PDA

View Full Version : need a new diet

rma11
06-15-2006, 10:09 AM
ok, i'm 165lbs, 5'11"... not a lot of muscle (upper body is pretty skinny), the fat seems to be concentrated at the gut area, and maybe thighs. its not too bad, although i definitely wanna lose fat eventually.

but i don't see the point in cutting when i'm so skinny otherwise to begin with. its like skin/bone on the arms.

so i'm thinking of a diet like this (including at least 1 gallon of water/day):

meal 1: opticen shake (~320 calories for 3 scoops right?)
meal 2: breakfast with a ton of egg whites
meal 3: opticen shake
meal 4: lunch (not sure yet, probably a lot of chicken, or other meat, maybe fish some days)
meal 5: opticen shake
meal 6: dinner (definitely chicken or beef)
meal 7: opticen shake

is that alright? is there such a thing as too many shakes... its only 320 calories per shake (not counting the fact i'm using whole milk), so i figure 3-4 of them a day should be okay. that's like 1000-1500 calories. and i have really no idea on how to prepare proper meals or any of that, so i figure my mom's food (always cooked in olive oil) is enough with that many liquid calories.

the other thing... i'm probably gonna go with a 3-day per week split. biceps/chest, triceps/back, shoulders/legs.

i have heard about 'H.I.T.' where you basically do a full body workout 3x a week, and 1 set each exercise to failure in about 10 reps. is that good for gaining mass?

i am also quite the weakling. i started lifting moderately last week to see where i'd be at, and its around 80 for the bench. how fast should i be seeing strength improvements?

HILL
06-15-2006, 10:42 AM
you need to eat more atleast 2500 cals a day i would say then up them when you stop gaining weight you probs will need to eat 3000ish depending

rma11
06-15-2006, 10:55 AM
you need to eat more atleast 2500 cals a day i would say then up them when you stop gaining weight you probs will need to eat 3000ish depending
whats the easiest way to calculate calories in food?

HILL
06-15-2006, 11:58 AM
www.fitday.com create a free account and eneter them in their

RedSpikeyThing
06-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Just a heads up: Opticen is a meal replacement. It has something in it that will make you feel full. When you are bulking, you want to be able to shove as much food down your throat as possible. You might want to try Nitrean because it has the same amount of protein and it doesn't have the "filling" agent in it. To make your shakes more calorie dense, you can add things like: whole milk, powdered milk, cream, fruit, oatmeal, olive/coconut oil, ice cream, etc.