PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a slow cooker?

canuck
06-16-2006, 01:04 AM
I just bought one and am looking forward to trying it. just wondering if anyone else does and if they have any tips. i'll let you know how i like it.

Progress
06-16-2006, 02:28 PM
I love using my crock pot while bulking. I have no use for it when I'm cutting, however.

Just google crock pot recipes to find a great wealth at your finger tips.

Damnit, I wish I was still bulking!

Uncle Fester
06-20-2006, 09:14 AM
I cooked a bunch of chicken breast in mine yesterday. I just threw in the chicken with half a bottle of BBQ sauce, and let it cook for a few hours. Came out great!

djreef
06-20-2006, 12:36 PM
I actually use one here at work. I cook most of my lunches in my office. Crock pots rock. I know that having one here has prob saved me hundreds of $ from having to eat at the crap restaurants around my work. Not to mention, the control it gives me concerning my dietary intake.

DJ

Sensei
06-20-2006, 08:00 PM
I make a pretty mean hamburger stew that I got out of some slow-cooker recipe book. Pretty good stuff.

ingredients: 4 chopped carrots, 4 chopped celery stalks, 1 can petite diced tomatoes, 1 small can of tomato paste, 1 packet of italian dressing mix, 1 packet of onion soup mix, 1lb completely browned and drained hamburger, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 3 cups boiling water

cook time: about 5 hours

Tips: You can reduce the amount of seasoning by using less of the dressing and soup packets or just add a little more water.

TOBART
06-20-2006, 10:15 PM
I just started using a slow cooker this week. I love this thing!

Here's my favorite so far.

Take 3 large chicken breasts, add some spices to them then sear in a frying pan (high heat) for 1 minute per side just to make them golden (this also helps seal in the flavour as you slow cook them).

Add 2 cans of vegetable soup, a few peeled potatoes cut into quarters and the chicken into the slow cooker. Cook on a low / medium heat for 6-8 hours.

Clifford Gillmore
06-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Risk Kills You

5 x F1/4 Lamb Shanks (Whole, tipped)
3 x White Onions
5 x Carrots
1 x French Onion Soup Mix
6 x Roma Tomatoes
? x Water, until covered

Kind of like sensei's, but I keep it simpler with the extra's. I can do this with Osso Bucco, Pork bones, Chicken frames. Anything with a bone in is awesome!