PDA

View Full Version : Green tea and matcha... which?

abwowang
06-16-2006, 01:47 AM
I been drinking a lot of iced green tea lattes at starbucks cause i work there...

anyways.. theres matcha as well. I googled and everything and it doesn't say WHICH is BETTER. It just tells me the difference. I want to know which one is better health wise.

Also, I don't drink coffee at all, what do all you health conscious people order at starbucks? I'm just curious...
In your opinion what do you think is the healthiest drink at Starbucks?

getfit
06-16-2006, 03:02 AM
i have no idea what kind of beverages Starbucks has besides coffee, so tell us

TheGimp
06-16-2006, 03:07 AM
With 36g of sugar I hope you're not under the mistaken impression that the green tea latte is a healthy option.

abwowang
06-16-2006, 10:28 AM
yea i think the healthiest option is... just a hot cup of green tea.

everything has too much sugar!...

getfit
06-16-2006, 01:27 PM
don't they make smoothies there or something?

Saint Patrick
06-16-2006, 01:44 PM
In your opinion what do you think is the healthiest drink at Starbucks?

I order 4 straight espresso shots, it's all I drink. It's one of the healthiest things there.

With 36g of sugar I hope you're not under the mistaken impression that the green tea latte is a healthy option.

Agree.

RedSpikeyThing
06-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Black coffee. Maybe even an exoctic one, if you're feeling fancy.

arya202
06-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Get those starbucks double shots in the can they really stimulate you

crazyaoshi
06-17-2006, 10:30 AM
"Maccha" means "green tea" in Japanese.

ottomanart
06-18-2006, 08:13 AM
"Maccha" means "green tea" in Japanese.
hahahahaha I read this and though what the hell so I looked it up in Chinese.... turns out it's just translated to sound simular... ah well!

The main thing with coffee (other than black) will be sugar and milk right...? I mean you work there, find out which one you put more sugar and milk into. Problem solved.

Straight tea (green) is great for you and it's a natural antilaxative... don't ask. Just though I would share!!

PhilsterT
06-18-2006, 10:47 AM
HAH! Yes, I can answer this well because I lived in Japan. I hope this helps.

Straight green tea has a very strong, aromatic taste. It's healthy and taste like tea should. Whereas matcha tastes hella good, it has sweeteners in it to make it taste better. I wouldn't be surprised it Starbucks is selling matcha.

Green Tea = Nihoncha 日本茶
Maccha = Maccha 抹茶