PDA

View Full Version : Articles On LEPTIN...

MonStar1023
01-25-2002, 11:24 PM
Here are the links to 2 articles on the hormone leptin. Many agree that leptin will be the next big thing in bodybuilding. I guess well have to wait and see. I have read Part I and it seems promising. What do you guys think?

Part I.
http://www.avantlabs.com/issue3/big_mfr_issue_3.htm... click on the Leptin: Part I, on the left side column.

Part II.
http://www.avantlabs.com/issue4/big_mfr_issue_4.htm... click on the Leptin: Part II, on the left side column.

Both of those articles were published by Par Deus.

:cool::cool:

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-26-2002, 05:45 AM
If that research is true, then that gives scientific reasoning to body's theory of several cheat days over one, and my testament to this from my christmas binging.

Here's the thread: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=6934

It also explains Wizard's reasoning for bumping carbs right up for 'controlled' cheat days.

the doc
01-26-2002, 06:48 AM
yes chigs i agree! Definitely look foward to my cheat day (basicly a half a day of high carbs/low fat)

MonStar1023
01-26-2002, 08:47 AM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
I dont know.. I have taken a few days off from the gym and from dieting and just PIGGED OUT. Like big time pigged out. But when I got back to the gym after 2-4 days my strength was up, pumps were out of this world, I mean it felt great. But I felt bloated and fat as hell..

:(:(

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-26-2002, 11:27 AM
Yes, but the bloatedness goes away after a few days.

the doc
01-26-2002, 04:28 PM
i hate being bloated..

blah

Pup
01-27-2002, 09:42 AM
I always feel fat, so it doesn't matter, but i agree about strength following a cheat day, it would make sense though if you hammer the carbs, cause your muscle glycogen would be at full tilt.

Tryska
01-27-2002, 09:47 AM
to be honest...this month of rathe rhigh carb intake (for me) has resulted in weight-maintenance (which i anticipated), but i also seem to still be leaning out......i mean i certainly don't feel all bloated and stuff, and i'm feeling a bit leaner actually then usual. it's interesting.

the doc
01-27-2002, 02:23 PM
perhaps you are filling out your muscles making your skin look tighter?

Tryska
01-27-2002, 05:45 PM
i think that might actually be it doc....i'm planning on cycling back down next month so we'll see if i get that initial waterweight loss again.

plornive
02-22-2002, 04:47 PM
I had dieted down to pretty low bf (maybe 7-8%). For two weeks, I had a number of binges, with no dieting in between. My strength really went up. The food had a mega-thermic effect. I think the dieting had shut my metabolism/leptin down. I lost a little bit of definition, but not much, and I gained a TON of strength and endurance during my workouts. I can go for literally twice as long in curcuit training and I'm stronger.

My cravings lingered for a bit, and now they are gone I think. Side effect of dieting too hard and too long.

I felt bloated, too, for a while. Indigestion and water retention, mostly.