PDA

View Full Version : Rings

laxguy1028
06-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Hey guys, I have a question. Do you think it would be better to order a pair of rings or a pull-up bar to do pull ups and chin ups. I am leaning towards getting the rings but my only concern is that i am not stong enough to do use the rings. So if any of you guys have had experiance with rings, share them. Harder or easier than pull-up bar to do pull-ups?

Absolute
06-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Get the rings for versatility. You can do pull-ups, dips, push-ups, levers, flyes, crosses, and a ton of other things on them. With a pull-up bar, you get...pull-ups. The only thing with rings is you need a place to hang them. You might not be able to do as many reps on anything on the rings at the moment, but if you'll put your ego aside, you'll go much farther with the rings than you would with just a pull-up bar.

MixmasterNash
06-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Get a pullup bar too. They're very cheap.

More to the point, you can hang the rings from the bar for many exercises.

laxguy1028
06-17-2006, 09:43 AM
Ok i think i am going to buy the rings, any suggestions as to where to buy them? http://www.ringtraining.com/ Looks like a good place, found it on the crossfit website, anybody have any experiance with this company?

Absolute
06-17-2006, 11:11 AM
Expect a bit of a delay at first, because of backorders. Might take anywhere from 4 - 5 weeks. I have a pair of the Elite Rings, and they are very nice.

If you want a more immediate delivery, go here:

http://www.torqueathletic.com/product.php?pid=5164&r=-9628

They're basically the old Power Rings that Tyler used to sell at www.ringtraining.com .

I think the Elite Rings are a better choice, as you can move the buckle out of the way so your arms don't hit them when you're doing dips, etc. The only thing the other rings have over the Elites is that they're made of metal, whereas the Elites are made out of a very durable plastic. However, I've had no problems with my rings, and the plastic is indeed very sturdy.