PDA

View Full Version : What happens if...

arya202
06-16-2006, 06:39 PM
You get more protien than your LBM.

My LBM is 180 lbs. Today I got 250 maybe more grams. Do those grams go to waste or are they bad for your kidney or what?

If theirs nothing wrong with it what's to stop someone from just guzzling down a jar of whey powder a day?

af92
06-16-2006, 06:43 PM
It probably won't kill you, but I would stick to 1-1.5 grams per pound of body weight for optimal gains. I think any more than that is just a frickin waste.

-josh

Built
06-16-2006, 06:43 PM
I have 115 lbs of LBM and I regularly consume 200g protein.

You're fine. Beyond a certain point, it just becomes expensive carbohydrate.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Drink plenty of fluids and you'll be just dandy.

Sidior
06-16-2006, 07:38 PM
you explode

Progress
06-16-2006, 07:56 PM
you explode

No, you'll fart a lot. Then you explode.

HILL
06-17-2006, 03:27 AM
Nothing wrong with consuming that much protein. its more important to the get the minimum when cutting. when bulking you are going to be way over especially as some people on here get to the 6000+cal mark. if i can get 200+grams of protein from 2200cals im going to be geting an awful lot when im bulking eating 4000 cals. their isnt anything wrong with that at all.

Goodwinm
06-17-2006, 03:42 AM
doesnt jay cutlar consume like a kilo of protein a day? im not sure if that was jay cutlar but i know some BB'er does.

Jordanbcool
06-17-2006, 06:46 AM
doesnt jay cutlar consume like a kilo of protein a day? im not sure if that was jay cutlar but i know some BB'er does.

I saw his fitday once when someone posted it and it was 1000 g of protein. What a waste...

HILL
06-17-2006, 09:37 AM
it may be a waste but as he will need such huge calories to grow hes only going to have huge amounts of carbs/protein and fats so either or its a waste of one of the other and id rather have enough protein to waste than carbs or fat.

RedSpikeyThing
06-17-2006, 02:07 PM
I saw his fitday once when someone posted it and it was 1000 g of protein. What a waste...

A delcious, delicious waste. I don't know about anyone else, but I like meat...

Goodwinm
06-17-2006, 02:11 PM
meat is good!
has anybody eaten someone elses flesh? u know. like Hannibal lector style lol.
Imagine eating ronnie lmao. All 100% ronnie goodness.

*quote from house of 1000 corpses*

"dont forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken, it just tastes so damn good"

Words from the legendery Sid Haig!

http://www.freewebs.com/kickasshorrorreviews/Sid_Haig5.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja77J90OD68

take a look at that lmao! :D

getfit
06-17-2006, 02:17 PM
meat is good!

"dont forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken, it just tastes so damn good"

you serious son?

arya202
06-17-2006, 05:13 PM
meat is good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja77J90OD68

take a look at that lmao! :D

I'm glad we live on different continents;)

lifter4life
06-17-2006, 09:43 PM
You get more protien than your LBM.

My LBM is 180 lbs. Today I got 250 maybe more grams. Do those grams go to waste or are they bad for your kidney or what?

If theirs nothing wrong with it what's to stop someone from just guzzling down a jar of whey powder a day?

Any protein not used by your body is stored as fat for energy.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Any protein not used by your body is stored as fat for energy.Care to explain that one?

lifter4life
06-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Do I need to?

jww13
06-18-2006, 12:39 AM
Do I need to?
It can be used for energy (like carbs).

smalls
06-18-2006, 02:07 AM

LOL. Please explain the process by which this always happens. And get as detailed as necassary please. Thanks.

Goodwinm
06-18-2006, 02:18 AM
I guess i cant have fun on these forums without someone jumping down my throat. (no pun intended)
No i wasn't being serious. :)
Oh well, Im sure you guys knew I wouldnt really eat someones flesh and I was asking a retorical question about if any of you do.

and to arya202, me 2. Because here I can openly express my sick/pathetic/funny/weird humor without anyone being a bit of a turtle about it. Ahh well. Im sorry if i overstood the boundary and i apologise prefusley if i made you feel uncomfortable in anyway.

lifter4life
06-18-2006, 12:40 PM
LOL. Please explain the process by which this always happens. And get as detailed as necassary please. Thanks.

Are you arguing with me or do you really need someone to explain it to you? I could understand you better if you don't spoke in da brok3n 3ngGlisH.

Holto
06-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Are you arguing with me

Nobody is actually arguing with you because we know you are wrong.

There is more than one use for unused amino acids.

Fat storage is merely one of them.

HILL
06-18-2006, 01:21 PM
I believe people are wanting you to elaborate on your statement and explain why you think this happens and back up your theory with evidence. If you can which i believe you will struggle to do lifter4life

lifter4life
06-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Digestion breaks protein down into amino acids. If amino acids are in excess of the body's requirements they are metabolized into glycogen and/or fat and subsequently used for energy. If the amino acids are used for energy then the carbon skeletons are converted into acetyl CoA, which then enters the Krebs cycle for oxidation producing ATP.

uh oh... a parade of veterans with 2,000+ post. ZOMG SOMEONE HELPZORZ MEE!!!!1! I could go further if you wanted me to.

That felt great.

lifter4life
06-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Nobody is actually arguing with you because we know you are wrong.

There is more than one use for unused amino acids.

Fat storage is merely one of them.

I'm wrong but yet you say that protein can be stored as fat? hmmmm, I never said that fat storage was the only use for excess protein. bye

smalls
06-19-2006, 01:43 AM
I'm wrong but yet you say that protein can be stored as fat? hmmmm, I never said that fat storage was the only use for excess protein. bye

Why the need to be such a little douche in your responses when people are simpling asking you to explain? Especially when you obviously have a fairly poor grasp of the english language, as shown by your original statement below. We wont even get into your explanation of gluconeogenesis.

Dont try to dumb down a fairly detailed and extensive process to people who actually care about this stuff without being asked to explain yourself.

And nobody here cares how many posts someone has, ignorance and arrogance are obvious regardless of "vet" status.

MFWTS
06-20-2006, 09:55 PM
i just became a member of this forum. a long time member of bodybuilding.com however.

i dont understand why people are jumbing down "lifter4life"'s throat. he answered your questions. this topic is quite simple. also, he became arrogant once he got remarks like "LOL, please explain this process." LOL, is an indication that you dont believe him. so its not unnatural for someone to get deffensive. just my opinion

as far as how much protein to intake on a daily basis its quite simple.
bodyweight x 1- 1.5
you weigh 180 if you multiply that by 1.5 ( the standard how much protein to injest equation) you get 270. anything around there is great.