PDA

View Full Version : Tuna Patties!

incrediblebulk1
06-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Hey guys, I got a great recipe for tuna if your sick of eating it plain and you have about 10 minutes to spare.

You need:
1 can tuna
1 egg white
2 tbsp oats
Garlic and Onion Powder
Pepper and Salt
No Fat non stick spray

1st- Put the tuna into a bowl all mashed up. Add the egg white, and then the 2 tbsp of oats. Stir it all up so it becomes somewhat firm. Add the garlic and onion powder if you desire as well as the salt and pepper. Mix it all up. Spray your pan, and then split the mixture into 2 pieces on the pan and cook until brown on both sides. Frank's Hot Sauce is a must for this, and eat up! Very healthy, and a great snack.

FighterInSnatch
06-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Hey guys, I got a great recipe for tuna if your sick of eating it plain and you have about 10 minutes to spare.

You need:
1 can tuna
1 egg white
2 tbsp oats
Garlic and Onion Powder
Pepper and Salt
No Fat non stick spray

1st- Put the tuna into a bowl all mashed up. Add the egg white, and then the 2 tbsp of oats. Stir it all up so it becomes somewhat firm. Add the garlic and onion powder if you desire as well as the salt and pepper. Mix it all up. Spray your pan, and then split the mixture into 2 pieces on the pan and cook until brown on both sides. Frank's Hot Sauce is a must for this, and eat up! Very healthy, and a great snack.

Does this one stink? LAst time I cooked my tuna it left a nasty stench in the house.

D Breyer
06-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Does this one stink? LAst time I cooked my tuna it left a nasty stench in the house.
Most of the time tuna does stink... especially with garlic powder. A quick spray of febreez seems to cover it up well.

incrediblebulk1
06-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Yea, I cannot smell it while I'm cooking but afterwards my family tells me the house smells like crap lol. So yea...any air freshener should do the job.

McIrish
06-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Most of the time tuna does stink... especially with garlic powder. A quick spray of febreez seems to cover it up well.

Haha, for a second I thought you meant to spray into the tuna... mmmm. :drooling:

bdd814
06-22-2006, 12:03 PM
This is good. It is one of my favs. I also like to add a bit of chopped onions to it.

ehscrewdude
07-26-2006, 03:12 PM
these are frickin amazing.... but yea, cook till light brown... i accidentally burnt the flip side.... lol...

next time prolly throw in some xtra ingredients...

ehscrewdude
07-26-2006, 03:17 PM
O yea, i threw in like a teaspoon or two of olive oil because it looked a little thick.... good stuff...

hoser813
07-26-2006, 05:08 PM

even with the fan on? Ive got a commercial exhaust hood over my stove so i think it will be ok :)

gains2385
07-26-2006, 09:39 PM
wow, just wow. these are so good. I threw on a piece of ff cheese (3 carbs, 5 protein) and these are the perfect snack or a great meal if you have 2-3 cans. check out my fitday for the macros I have on them.

wow...

ehscrewdude
07-26-2006, 10:26 PM
these rock my socks... and dont smell to bad either...

Skinny_DiezeL
07-29-2006, 10:53 AM
Haha, for a second I thought you meant to spray into the tuna... mmmm. :drooling:

me too..then i was like, waaiit....what?

i'll definitely have to try the recipe, looks good. :thumbup:

gator
07-30-2006, 09:20 PM
How do you normally cook this, grill or oven, and what do the oats do? lol

I've heard you can put cheese on tuna patties...never tried it though.

ehscrewdude
07-30-2006, 09:39 PM
I just cook it in a pan... the oats add some stability to the patty and some carbs to the blend.... keep em...

just plop it in, shape it, press it, let it cook on the one side, flip it, put it on a plate, add hot sauce or not... wonderful...

gains2385
07-30-2006, 09:40 PM
I guess you missed my post about the cheese? I love them with American Cheese. I might even fix me another one before bed, for the protein of course!