PDA

View Full Version : eating before sleep

honda2002civic
06-18-2006, 10:49 PM
for the past 3 months or so i would make sure that i ate a pretty decent meal right before sleep because i know your muscles grow while u sleep. i want to try and lose some belly fat so i am going to stop eating right before bed(i know losing fat requires more work than just not eating before sleep, but i have a fast metabolism so its a start)

my question is, if i eat nothing before i go to sleep while it affect my muscle growth significantly?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-18-2006, 10:53 PM
Cutting out your before bedtime meal isn't going to get rid of your belly fat. Keep eating a meal before bed as it's still just as important on a cut as it is on a bulk.

There's no reason to cut out that meal of the day as it is an important one.

A caloric deficit with heavy lifting will lower your body fat while convincing your body to hold onto to your existing muscles.

What's your current diet look like? Do you track everything that you eat? What about your training routine?

honda2002civic
06-19-2006, 07:21 AM
i train 3 days a week (m,w,f) chest/bis/abs.... shoulders/legs/forearms... back/tris/abs

i dont really track what i eat but i try and eat as cleanly as possible... i try and eat lots of high protien foods like red meat, tuna, chicken etc.

now i know this question has probably been asked a 1000 times but if i leave my diet the same way it is now and add some cardio into my routine, will this affect my muscle gains, as i will be burning more calories from the cardio that my muscles may need?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-19-2006, 09:08 AM
i dont really track what i eat but i try and eat as cleanly as possible...
That's not going to help you. You can get morbidly obese eating "clean". If you're taking in more calories than you're burning on a consistent basis, you will gain weight. You won't know what to change in your diet if you don't know what you're eating. Start tracking everything you eat on www.fitday.com. Do you have any idea how much protein, fat, and carbs you're eating? If you don't know any of this, you should really start focusing on your diet. Diet is the KEY to your sucess. Not just working out.

now i know this question has probably been asked a 1000 times but if i leave my diet the same way it is now and add some cardio into my routine, will this affect my muscle gains, as i will be burning more calories from the cardio that my muscles may need?
You can add cardio AFTER your workouts if you are eating enough to compensate for the loss of calories. But since you are not tracking what you eat, you won't know how to adjust your calories to see progress. Start tracking what you eat.

KingWilder
06-19-2006, 10:06 AM
:withstupi

honda2002civic
06-19-2006, 06:08 PM
alright... yea i def. should start keeping track of what im consuming... i usually just eat whatevers around and ive had great success gaining over the past year... but for a cut im going to need to watch wat i eat... ill post back when i get an average of what im eating

thanks guys