PDA

View Full Version : Interesting avocado site

Nickthebassist
06-19-2006, 04:06 AM
I just got two avocados, as i've never tried them before, and I was looking up how to eat one. I found this site :
http://www.rawfoods.com/articles/avocadoarticle.html , which said this:
"* Do not eat avocado with any other kind of oily, fatty or high-protein food such as seeds, nuts, coconut, olives, yogurt, cream, cheese or meat. Wait several hours between eating these foods, although the ideal is 24 hours. It takes several hours to digest and utilize any kind of heavy/oily food, and the body can only digest one at a time"
Is that true?

TheGimp
06-19-2006, 04:35 AM
I stopped reading after I reached this:

A small avocado will provide more usable protein then a huge steak because cooked protein in meat is deranged and mostly unavailable to our liver, the organ which makes all of our body’s protein

Nickthebassist
06-19-2006, 08:55 AM
I stopped reading after I reached this:
Yeh I read that and it raised my eye brow but ya know. O well, I spose it's all balls. However, how the hell do I eat an avocado lol.

TheGimp
06-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Cut it in half, remove the pit, attack it with a spoon :) A little bit of dressing poured into the hole made by the pit is ace. Alternatively they go well with bacon on a sandwich or mozzarella and tomato in a salad.

Saint Patrick
06-19-2006, 11:33 AM
I've seen that site before, there's a lot of bad info on there.