PDA

View Full Version : Too much peanutbutter...

Big Jay
06-19-2006, 04:37 AM
Iíve put on a lot of lbs over the past months by just eating as much as I could everyday and working out 3 times a week, and Iím pleased with my results. I never really paid any attention to macros, just counting my calories and eating a lot of high protein foods (tuna, milk etc). Iíve got to the stage now though where Iíve realized Iím going to have to pay better attention to my diet, as eating a 350g pot of peanut butter a day is helping gain more mass in my stomach than anywhere else lol.
My LBM is around 143lbs
So Iím thinking my macros should be about:
Carbs Ė 358g
Protein Ė 286g
Fat Ė 115g
How does that look?

Turnip
06-19-2006, 04:54 AM
I could be wrong but I think its 1.5x body weight in protein, .5x body weight in fat, rest in carbs, anyways if your bulking your supposed to gain unwanted fat. It would be to easy if all the extra weight was pure muscle.

KingWilder
06-19-2006, 06:11 AM
on a bulk:
protein at least 1.5g per lb LBM
fat at least.5g per lb LBM
carbs..whatever fills in the rest of your cals

also, if you do a slow bulk and only go like 300 cals over maintanence and throw in a day or 2 of HIIT every week you can minimize fat gain on a bulk

HILL
06-19-2006, 06:54 AM
and you will obviously need to find your maintanance cals then kings advice. do a search as this has been coverd

Progress
06-19-2006, 08:07 AM
With that many carbs I'd make sure the majority of them are pre and post workout.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-19-2006, 09:19 AM
I could be wrong but I think its 1.5x body weight in protein, .5x body weight in fat, rest in carbs, anyways if your bulking your supposed to gain unwanted fat. It would be to easy if all the extra weight was pure muscle.No, it's 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of Lean BODY MASS, not body weight, and certainly not multiplied. And it's .5 grams per pound for the fat, not multiplied.

JesseM
06-19-2006, 10:26 AM
No, it's 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of Lean BODY MASS, not body weight, and certainly not multiplied. And it's .5 grams per pound for the fat, not multiplied.

I don't understand, doesn't "Per" = multiply?

Beast
06-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Too much peanut butter = bodyfat + constipation

runnerboy
06-19-2006, 11:40 AM
oh yes, stop eating so much peanut butter...youll become allergic to peanut oil, and that is NOT good. happened to two people in my family from eating a jar of peanuts daily.

Built
06-19-2006, 12:16 PM
"per" means "multiplied by", correct.

For example, I have about 115 lbs LBM. Let's round to 120 for ease of calculation.

I make sure I get in no less than 120 g protein and 60g fat daily. The rest of my remaining cals can be "spent" on whatever keeps me comfortable.

RedSpikeyThing
06-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Iíve got to the stage now though where Iíve realized Iím going to have to pay better attention to my diet, as eating a 350g pot of peanut butter a day is helping gain more mass in my stomach than anywhere else lol.

You gain fat when you are eating an excess of calories. It's not the peanut butter alone that is causing you to gain fat, it is you eating too much. You could lay off on other things and continue eating your peanut buter if you wanted to. Personally, I would lay off the PB though ;)

oh yes, stop eating so much peanut butter...youll become allergic to peanut oil, and that is NOT good. happened to two people in my family from eating a jar of peanuts daily.

Really? Why does that only happen with peanuts? If it was true I would assume it would happen with other foods as well.

Mercuryblade
06-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Peanut butter and jelly on wheat bread toast, + 1 banana, +1 tall cold glass of orange juice = one fantastic morning.
If I develop a peanut allergy I probably will have to commit sepuku.