PDA

View Full Version : Varying protein sources throughout the day

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-26-2002, 11:32 AM
I want some opinions on this.

say, like me, your main protein sources are chicken, tuna and eggs.

Do you think it matters if you don't vary them throughout the day ie all tuna meals first followed by eggs meals followed by chicken meals. Do you think it'd be better to have a tuna meal, a egg meal and then a chicken meal and follow in that kind of order?

or do you think it doesn't matter?

just after some views.

the doc
01-26-2002, 11:36 AM
i dont think it really matters, but for instance i like my tuna in the morning if i dont have time to cook eggs.

Slim Schaedle
01-26-2002, 11:42 AM
I hate days like that where i dont have time to make food and have to resort to tuna all frickin day.

I don't like doing it but I'm not sure if it it's better to get variety or not

my guess would be that its doesnt matter

(?)

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-26-2002, 11:59 AM
doc, i'm not sure if you understand what i mean.

I was asking whether you fthink it causes any significant difference whether you eat the same amino acid profile over two meals, then another over two meals and then another over two meals.

would it not be best to split the meals so your body is getting an amino profile 'mix-up' every meal?

body
01-26-2002, 12:02 PM
I do not think it will matter much.
the bigger difference will come from the fact, that two meal have very low fat levels(skinless chicken) and one has meduim fat(egg).

I do not know how quick digesting and nitrogen uptake of these foods will take, but the slowest absorbing one, I would have last thing before I go to bed, and the quickest one as my fisrt meal.

mesmall
01-26-2002, 12:06 PM
Good question. :) The only thing i am thinking is if you are eating any fat with these meals, other than the fat in the eggs?

the doc
01-26-2002, 04:16 PM
hmm well chicken i'd agree w/ body

ALthough protein sources will differ in their amino %s, they are all complete (or at least for bb-ers), and thus we will be receiving all the necessary aminos. Also, i usually have some other incomplete source such as nuts or vegetables as part of a meal as well. THus the amino profile will be at least slightly different for every meal.
HOwever, i would think what was mentioned about eating tuna for every meal might be something to avoid. I wouldn't make a habit of that