PDA

View Full Version : Did milk (and other dairy products) do this to me?

Den Fisher
06-19-2006, 10:41 PM
When I started lifting back in july '04 and stopped in june '05 because of personal reasons I started getting a weird red rash around my mouth and up by the sides of my nose, and had it all summer. But since I put hydrocortisone on it's been under control and then back in april when I stopped drinking milk products all together I haven't had to put anything on it since then. Because when I was lifting I drank a gallon of milk plus a day, and ate tons of cheese and containers of cottage cheese a day also. And figured I consumed so much that I had an allergic reaction to it. But now that I'm starting to lift again and took my first milk based product (whey protein) in a few months tonight, so hopefully this rash doesn't come back. Cause I'd hate to have to put this stuff all over my face, because I work outside and I don't need white tan lines around my face from it.

MrM
06-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Yes, I had the same thing happen to me, and I even became lactose intolerant

Doctor told me to stick to soy or lactaid, however I think staying exclusive to soy might be the only real way get rid of it

motoko013
06-19-2006, 11:56 PM
weird....i have the same thing going on....i never even thought about it....

Beef101
06-20-2006, 07:14 AM
babies are high in lactase...

method115
06-20-2006, 08:40 AM
yea i hate beign lactose and tolerant whats sucks is my parents never told me I was and they knew! One day ( the day I found out ) I drank like 3 cups of milk just chugged it, started driving to my friends 10 minutes into the drive I turned around and stayed on the toilet in my apartment for about an hour it sucked.

Anyways that Silk milk is really good and doesnt give you the ****s.

ryan-
06-20-2006, 11:51 AM
yea i hate beign lactose and tolerant ...

it's lactose intolerant, not lactose and tolerant.

Mercuryblade
06-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Lactose intolerant and a dairy allergy are two different things. This rash could be from an allergic reaction to dairy products, not from being lactose intolerant which is a digestive issue, not an allergy.