PDA

View Full Version : Creatine and losing weight

CODmasterJYK
06-20-2006, 07:42 AM
I've been trying to lose weight. Is it possible to lose weight while taking Creatine? I guess, how many calories should I be intaking in a day and how many calories should I be expending? Through a search, I discovered that I need to expend 500 more calories than the amount that I intake. I am 146 pounds, 5 feet 4 or 5 inches, and 16 years old.

About how many calories am I expending while lifting weights?

Also, I've just started taking Creatine AKG. Is it possible to lose weight even while taking that? Also, what's the difference between Creatine AKG and the other creatines (monohydrate and ethyl ester), because the woman I asked at GNC said that Creatine AKG works best?

I tried to look for the answers to all my questions through a search, but it didn't work out too well.

Coqui
06-20-2006, 07:51 AM
I'm not an expert but why would creatine prevent you from losing weight? Yes it's designed for muscle growth but if you're intaking less calories than you burn, you should still lose weight.

Now should you leave it out altogether while cutting, I'll leave that to the experts.

KingWilder
06-20-2006, 07:53 AM
I still consume creatine while cutting, to help my workouts just as a number of other people on this board do.

method115
06-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Creatine is great for cutting gives you energy. I think my ALN bottle even says something about it being great for cutting dont quote me on that though.

Anthony
06-20-2006, 08:49 AM
The best way to determine your required calories is to record everything you eat into www.fitday.com. Do this for 1-2 weeks and take a daily average. To cut, lower by 10-15%. Aim for a loss of about 1lb per week. Post your numbers from fitday and we can help guide you in the right direction with food choices, etc.

As for creatine, monohydrate is fine. The new "breeds" are just marketing to make money - there's no scientific evidence that one works better than the other. It's fine to use it on a cut. The main purpose is to help strength, not size.

Eszekial
06-20-2006, 09:52 AM
The stuff really helps me out with mental clarity on the super low carb days.

Creatine is a God send for cutters.

Concerning yourself with water weight is vain at best.