PDA

View Full Version : ab lounge xl

James510
06-20-2006, 03:40 PM
my family just bought my dad the ab lounge xl for fathers day. Has anyone used it? is it better than do abs at the gym

cts122
06-20-2006, 03:50 PM
my family just bought my dad the ab lounge xl for fathers day. Has anyone used it? is it better than do abs at the gym

Unfortunatly, no, as you will come to learn here abs for the most part do not come from working them, they come from losing bodyfat. You can improve your abs visually (for when your bodyfat is low enough for them to be visible) and strength wise, but this generally requires heavy weighted excercises with low reps which the ab lounge does not provide.

Nicoman
06-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Unfortunatly, no, as you will come to learn here abs for the most part do not come from working them, they come from losing bodyfat. You can improve your abs visually (for when your bodyfat is low enough for them to be visible) and strength wise, but this generally requires heavy weighted excercises with low reps which the ab lounge does not provide.

Ummm yeah what he said...

James510
06-20-2006, 04:15 PM
so if i did crunches with a 25lb plate for 3 sets of 8-12 reps it would be better

cts122
06-20-2006, 04:22 PM
so if i did crunches with a 25lb plate for 3 sets of 8-12 reps it would be better

Most definately, i prefer to keep my reps even lower for the most part, but that will work as well, when you are able to add more weight, do so.

Guido
06-21-2006, 08:19 AM
If you can do your cruches on a decline bench, even better.

Ab Lounge, Thigh Master, and all those others are just gimmicks that play off people's belief in the myth that you can burn off fat in specific areas of your body and "tone" an area just by doing a specific isolation exercise.