PDA

View Full Version : Expirability of Nitrean, Thermocin, ETS?

Bikkstah
06-21-2006, 07:37 AM
Hey Chris/Daniel, will opened bottles of Thermocin/ETS or tubs of Nitrean "go bad?" I'll be out of the country for about 4 months and am wondering if the stuff will be good once I return.

Joe Black
06-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the question..

I am checking into this for someone else, so will update you shortly.

Cheers,

Daniel

chris mason
06-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Nitrean, like any food product, can go bad over time. That said, try a small amount and see if the flavor seems ok. If so, I would say go ahead and use it. I assume you have stored it in a cool, dry place? If not, throw it away.

Chris

Bikkstah
06-21-2006, 05:36 PM
I haven't stored it all yet, I leave in July and won't be back until Novemberish. I guess i'll just give it the old college try once I get back.

KingWilder
06-21-2006, 07:23 PM
this would be good to know, because I just ordered some Nitrean (10% off!), but I still have like 5lbs of ON Whey to go through first

D Breyer
06-21-2006, 09:31 PM
this would be good to know, because I just ordered some Nitrean (10% off!), but I still have like 5lbs of ON Whey to go through first
weird... same here. exactly the same.

hammeredk
06-22-2006, 10:32 AM
I'd be interested also. I'm nearing the bottom of a container of Nitrean (chocolate) and it doesn't taste or smell normal (pretty bad). It has been contained in an appropriate place and temperature. I've got another full container ready to go, but it is just about as old as the current container, so I hope it is ok at this point.

chris mason
06-22-2006, 02:34 PM
I'd be interested also. I'm nearing the bottom of a container of Nitrean (chocolate) and it doesn't taste or smell normal (pretty bad). It has been contained in an appropriate place and temperature. I've got another full container ready to go, but it is just about as old as the current container, so I hope it is ok at this point.

I would not worry too much about it. If it bothers you (gas, etc.) then get rid of it. If not, I would use the rest.

Chris

KingWilder
06-28-2006, 07:52 PM
any word on this yet?

Relentless
06-29-2006, 10:51 AM

The full container is sealed as opposed to the open container which has been opened and closed many times, and has many opportunities to get impurities and other gunk in there every time you scooped out some Nitrean.

I think it is unlikely that your fresh tub of Nitrean will give you any issues.

sisk
07-10-2006, 07:02 PM
From personal experience, I can tell you I got my bucket of Nitrean literally months and months ago. Probably 7-8 months ago..
I just had a glass today and the taste was just fine. It was the last of it though so I ordered a new one since I'm actually working out more now.