PDA

View Full Version : Korean food

CODmasterJYK
06-21-2006, 11:32 AM
I am Korean. My grandma makes me Korean food and I am expected to eat it without question (as respect for my grandmother).

The problem is that I'm currently monitoring my protein/fat/carbohydrate caloric intake, and I'm sure that my grandma doesn't know that. Nor am I really even allowed to ask her. So what should I do?

Some of the Korean food she gives me is Kimchi (basically spicy Korean cabbage), bulgogi (I think it's pork), rice, and Jogi (korean fish).

What should I do?

Progress
06-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Research the ingredients and macros of what she is making -- maybe you can appear interested in how she's cooking it, thus showing respect, and get your information that way. Then grub up mostly on what fits into your macros and just go light on what isn't.

That's what I'd do.

Or, if you're bulking eat everything she gives you without question. Chew with your mouth closed and don't talk with food in your mouth.

Tsuki No Neko
06-21-2006, 12:54 PM
From my experiences, bulgogi was lightly marinatedd strips of beef. Very lean and tasty.

Also, this may not be exactly like your grandmother's kimchi, but this is what I found on it:

Serving Size: 1 pint
Calories 65
Calories from Fat 4 (7%)
Amount Per Serving %DV
Total Fat 0.6g 0%
Saturated Fat 0.1g 0%
Polyunsat. Fat 0.2g
Monounsat. Fat 0.1g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 10496mg 437%
Potassium 595mg 17%
Total Carbohydrate 14.3g 4%
Dietary Fiber 3.2g 12%
Sugars 7.9g
Protein 3.2g 6%

Optimum08
06-21-2006, 08:41 PM
ya, bulgogi is marinated beef. but overall korean food in general usually is pretty healthy and balanced, i am korean as well and the only thing that would be "bad" is if you eat plain white sticky rice, otherwise its pretty balanced.

Songsangnim
06-24-2006, 07:11 PM
I eat Korean food every day. Never found it a problem as regards macros.