PDA

View Full Version : Help gaining weight over the summer

popsandfriends
06-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Hey all,
Been browsing these forums for a while now. For the past two years I've been wanting to gain weight. All this time my weight has been 125lbs no more no less. Im a farily skinny guy and hating it! My goal is to to gain noticeable weight by the time september rolls in for my last year of school, and by sometime later, have my face, arms, legs filled out. I've done alot of research on how you should eat to gain. This summer (July 18th to August 20th) I will be going down south to relatives houses, So I will need to eat big at resturaunts along the way, and while im there I got to buy TONS of high protein/calorie foods. What is the general take on a Military MRE? I loved the taste of the last one I had, and they are relatively inexpensive meals for 1200 Cals a pop. Would they be good meals? My current Eating routine is pretty much eating every 2 to 3 hours starting from 9 in the morning when i wake up to midnight. My main meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) are usually very big and filling, but its the three or four other meals in between that im stumped on what to eat. I dont want to buy proten shakes or whey or anythign like that, but I am up for a protein bar (as long as it tastes good and i can get it at walmart).

Im just looking for a way to gain sound real lbs in 2 or three months. Any advice please share!

Thanks,
Hunter

method115
06-22-2006, 11:03 AM
your so skinny I wouldn't worry about what your food consist of right now. Just keep eating every 2-3 hours like your doing you should gain weight. If you are worried about gaining alot of fat though then yea you should watch what you eat but I sure as hell wouldn't till your at least 150.

popsandfriends
06-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah im def not worried about any lifting, or serious disection of my diet right now. So it's pretty much anything in the fridge is fair game? And Is it all right to just eat whenever i feel like it, until im full, even if its extra ontop of my 6-7 meals?

Margin Of Error
06-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Yeah im def not worried about any lifting, or serious disection of my diet right now. So it's pretty much anything in the fridge is fair game? And Is it all right to just eat whenever i feel like it, until im full, even if its extra ontop of my 6-7 meals?

You are 6' 125lbs? You need to gorge yourself on anything you can find 24 hours a day.

popsandfriends
06-22-2006, 11:15 AM
When will i start noticeing gains if I eat like you say, do you think (i realize it varies from person to person)?

getfit
06-22-2006, 11:18 AM
eat your house down son!

popsandfriends
06-22-2006, 11:29 AM
thanks so far. keep advice coming lol. Hey bbs tho, goin to grab somethin to eat

method115
06-22-2006, 11:38 AM
thanks so far. keep advice coming lol. Hey bbs tho, goin to grab somethin to eat

I would say in 2-4 months if you eat every 2 hours as much as you can you should notice results quickly.

surfer16
06-22-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm in the same position as you mate, i've been wanting to put on weight for ages. I do eat alot but i've got a pretty active life sytle... running, surfing or badminton every day of the week, i'm not guna cut down on the exercise I do because I need to do it in order to improve and get good grades in PE for my GCSE's. Plus my dad thinks i'm to young (15) to take protein shakes :(

method115
06-22-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm in the same position as you mate, i've been wanting to put on weight for ages. I do eat alot but i've got a pretty active life sytle... running, surfing or badminton every day of the week, i'm not guna cut down on the exercise I do because I need to do it in order to improve and get good grades in PE for my GCSE's. Plus my dad thinks i'm to young (15) to take protein shakes :(

First of all your not excersising to much your just not eating enough plain and simple. All thoughs activties are probably what stop you from eating as much as you should be since you don't have time to eat. I bet you wait till your body tells you your hungry before you stop doing whatever it is your doing to eat. You can't gain weight like this you have to eat before you even feel hungry which is why eating every 2-3 hours is a good idea.

If your dad thinks your to young to take protien shakes then he obviously doesn't know what it is and is just talking out his ass like my dad did when I was your age. I would ask your dad to do some research on the internet about it. You could also tell him to make more chicken and protien rich foods maybe the idea of making you more good will get him to give in.